Hi, Thank you ahead of time. Here's my problem. I can't see anything Java related or web sites etc that use the Java. Here's the error I get when trying to access my JP Morgan account…
Your browser is not capable of viewing this site because it does not support JavaScript or JavaScript may be disabled. Please enable JavaScript or use the browser version that supports it.
Please help!….Lynne
PS. I can't do PCPitstop either.
Your first step will be to uninstall via Add/Remove "all" versions of JAVA/JRE that are currently installed on this machine.
Next you will freshly install the most updated version of JRE, which can be found here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
You'll be downloading this item –> Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u1
Accept the licensing terms and download the "offline installation version".
Close all browsers, but keep your internet access, as the installation process will ask for permission to connect to the internet, even though you will be using the ofline installation version.
_________
You will be required to "accept ActiveX" scripting for download to your machine, from sites that you use that require ActiveX.
(even though you may previously have accepted the ActiveX, you will need to download the fresh new one at each internet site that requires ActiveX.
Let us know if the above clears up your situation and ask additional questions as necessary.
Ok, I tried the offline installation. I accept the agreement and click windows and it just pops back up to the top of the screen. It tells me to ACCEPT agreement and the circle is checked?????? I told you it wouldn't be easy for me.
After marking to Accept Agreement….
you should be taken to a new page where you will find: Windows Platform - Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6u1-windows-i586-p.exe 13.16 MB
Nope, If I leave the page at the top. It just blinks for a millesecond. If I scroll down it pops back up. Thats it. No next page and no installation. What now?
All this started with a windows update. Could the update have messed something up?
I got Java to install from another page on the web site. I tried my account at the web site listed in the first post. No go. Still says ….Your browser is not capable of viewing this site because it does not support JavaScript or JavaScript may be disabled. Please enable JavaScript or use the browser version that supports it.
I checked and Java is enabled. ????? What could be wrong? Active X settings?
JavaScripting is not the same as JAVA Runtime Environment.
I indicated a "first-step" because you stated that you were also unable to Run a Pit Test.
Pit Test relies on JAVA JRE to handle the necessary ActiveX.
With your freshly installed JRE update you should now be able to Run a Pit Test. <– please Run a Pit Test in order to confirm
(and post the results (techExpress) here since it could give us valuable leads to solve your problem)
Questions:
— What "other page"? Same link that I provided for you, or entirely different?
I got Java to install from another page on the web site
— What Browser and browser Version are you attempting to use, for access to the desired website?
— Have you changed your Internet options - Security Settings for - Internet Zone
(default settings for Internet Zone should be just fine.)
— Have you installed any pop-up blockers or content screening utilities recently?
(we'll see most of that on the Pit Test, but probably not the settings you may have selected)
Scripting is not enabled
You do not appear to have scripting enabled, or are using a utility that is blocking the correct operation of forms and scripting. The PC Pitstop site requires scripting to be enabled. Please see our troubleshooting page.
I checked all the settings from the Pitstop guide. It seems to be ok.
I looked under help for ie7. For some odd reason it does not give a version, ciper strength or product id. ???
Here's what a Java check says….
Verified Java Version
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 1).
If you want to download Java for another computer or Operating System, see all Java downloads here.
For updates on Java and Java-enabled applications (desktop and mobile),please sign up for the java.com newsletter.
And I tried to go to the Microsoft update site. It won't load either….Something is messed up somewhere.
I don't see there either.
I opened up "search". The dog is there and the right and left panes. But it does not have any words. Like search for what etc. It's blank.???
Please don't forget to reply to the questions included in the above response.
With IE 7.0 open, go to - Tools - Internet Options - Security(tab) - Internet Zone
Press the Default button to return your IE to Default Settings in the Internet Zone.
Does that allow you to use the Pit Test?
Does that alloow you to access your other website?
Best Regards
Both the links that you inquired about are dated in 2005.
Since there are no newer entries, it appears that more recent MS patches and critical updates have resolved that matter.
Ok, according to my add/remove programs it says Java™ SE Runtime Enviroment 6 update 1.
I can't download the JRE from the web page you posted. idk why?
WELL HELLO, Smacking my forehead! I clicked on the VIEW agreement and accepted from that page. It will download. brb
Uninstalled the Java I had downloaded and reinstalled from the link you posted. I still can not get onto that web site. (mine) and this is what Pitstop says…
Check Your Browser Settings
The PC Pitstop site requires that your browser has JavaScript and ActiveX support turned on while you're visiting. Since you were directed to this page, it appears that your browser is not running the JavaScript or ActiveX controls on our site. You'll need to change these settings before PCPitStop can perform a tune-up. For detailed instructions on changing your security settings, see our security settings page.
If your security is set properly, another program (AdSubtract or ZoneAlarm, for instance) may have interfered with scripting. For more help, see the troubleshooting page. We have also had reports that a recent Microsoft update may be causing a problem; in Internet Explorer click View | Explorer Bar and UNCHECK Discuss (if you have that option listed).
Discuss is unchecked as well as Favorites, history and feeds. Oh, and on here there is no emoticons, quote box, link etc. I clicked that toggel side panel and the screen just jumps. I don't think I have Zone Alarm Or AdSubtract. I do have AVG Virus.
With IE 7.0 open, go to - Tools - Internet Options - Security(tab) - Internet Zone
Press the Default button to return your IE to Default Settings in the Internet Zone.
Does that allow you to use the Pit Test?
Does that allow you to access your other website?
Best Regards
I looked under help for ie7. For some odd reason it does not give a version, ciper strength or product id. ???
Have I downloaded any content screening utilities recently? idk. I don't think so.? I know I haven't downloaded any pop up blockers. I did download PCCillan and uninstalled it. It ran slower than Norton. It made EVERYTHING run slow.
Should I do a HiJack This log in the other forum and see if something is interfering?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI