Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Help! Java Problems

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hi, Thank you ahead of time. Here's my problem. I can't see anything Java related or web sites etc that use the Java. Here's the error I get when trying to access my JP Morgan account... Your browser is not capable of viewing this site because it does not support JavaScript or JavaScript may be disabled. Please enable JavaScript or use the browser version that supports it. Please help!....Lynne PS. I can't do PCPitstop either.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

Hi Lynne,

Your first step will be to uninstall via Add/Remove "all" versions of JAVA/JRE that are currently installed on this machine.

Next you will freshly install the most updated version of JRE, which can be found here:
http://java.sun.com/...loads/index.jsp
You'll be downloading this item --> Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u1

Accept the licensing terms and download the "offline installation version".

Close all browsers, but keep your internet access, as the installation process will ask for permission to connect to the internet, even though you will be using the ofline installation version.
_________

You will be required to "accept ActiveX" scripting for download to your machine, from sites that you use that require ActiveX.
(even though you may previously have accepted the ActiveX, you will need to download the fresh new one at each internet site that requires ActiveX.

Let us know if the above clears up your situation and ask additional questions as necessary.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:46 PM

Dough, Thank you so much for replying... I have never had and easy time doing uninstalls and reinstalls. I shall return

#4 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Ok, I tried the offline installation. I accept the agreement and click windows and it just pops back up to the top of the screen. :( It tells me to ACCEPT agreement and the circle is checked?????? I told you it wouldn't be easy for me. :(

Edited by Starwalker, 18 June 2007 - 09:50 PM.

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

After marking to Accept Agreement....
you should be taken to a new page where you will find:
Windows Platform - Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6u1-windows-i586-p.exe 13.16 MB

#6 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:04 PM

Nope, If I leave the page at the top. It just blinks for a millesecond. If I scroll down it pops back up. Thats it. No next page and no installation. :( What now? All this started with a windows update. Could the update have messed something up?

Edited by Starwalker, 18 June 2007 - 11:06 PM.

#7 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

I got Java to install from another page on the web site. I tried my account at the web site listed in the first post. No go. Still says ....Your browser is not capable of viewing this site because it does not support JavaScript or JavaScript may be disabled. Please enable JavaScript or use the browser version that supports it. I checked and Java is enabled. ????? What could be wrong? Active X settings?

#8 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

JavaScripting is not the same as JAVA Runtime Environment.
I indicated a "first-step" because you stated that you were also unable to Run a Pit Test.
Pit Test relies on JAVA JRE to handle the necessary ActiveX.

With your freshly installed JRE update you should now be able to Run a Pit Test. <-- please Run a Pit Test in order to confirm
(and post the results (techExpress) here since it could give us valuable leads to solve your problem)

Questions:
--- What "other page"? Same link that I provided for you, or entirely different?

I got Java to install from another page on the web site

--- What Browser and browser Version are you attempting to use, for access to the desired website?

--- Have you changed your Internet options - Security Settings for - Internet Zone
(default settings for Internet Zone should be just fine.)

--- Have you installed any pop-up blockers or content screening utilities recently?
(we'll see most of that on the Pit Test, but probably not the settings you may have selected)

#9 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

Scripting is not enabled
You do not appear to have scripting enabled, or are using a utility that is blocking the correct operation of forms and scripting. The PC Pitstop site requires scripting to be enabled. Please see our troubleshooting page.

I checked all the settings from the Pitstop guide. It seems to be ok.

I looked under help for ie7. For some odd reason it does not give a version, ciper strength or product id. ???

Here's what a Java check says....
Verified Java Version

Congratulations!

You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 1).

If you want to download Java for another computer or Operating System, see all Java downloads here.

For updates on Java and Java-enabled applications (desktop and mobile),please sign up for the java.com newsletter.

And I tried to go to the Microsoft update site. It won't load either....Something is messed up somewhere. :(

I found this online. Could this be my problem?

http://groups.google...?hide_quotes=no
Altho I don't see the update they are talking about in my add/remove programs. The one ending in 6688.

http://news.com.com/..._3-5929689.html

I don't see there either.
I opened up "search". The dog is there and the right and left panes. But it does not have any words. Like search for what etc. It's blank.???

Edited by Starwalker, 19 June 2007 - 01:07 PM.

#10 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

Please don't forget to reply to the questions included in the above response. With IE 7.0 open, go to - Tools - Internet Options - Security(tab) - Internet Zone Press the Default button to return your IE to Default Settings in the Internet Zone. Does that allow you to use the Pit Test? Does that alloow you to access your other website? Best Regards

Edited by dough, 19 June 2007 - 01:09 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

Both the links that you inquired about are dated in 2005. Since there are no newer entries, it appears that more recent MS patches and critical updates have resolved that matter.

#12 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

Ok, according to my add/remove programs it says Java™ SE Runtime Enviroment 6 update 1. I can't download the JRE from the web page you posted. idk why? WELL HELLO, Smacking my forehead! I clicked on the VIEW agreement and accepted from that page. It will download. brb

Edited by Starwalker, 19 June 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#13 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Uninstalled the Java I had downloaded and reinstalled from the link you posted. I still can not get onto that web site. (mine) and this is what Pitstop says... Check Your Browser Settings The PC Pitstop site requires that your browser has JavaScript and ActiveX support turned on while you're visiting. Since you were directed to this page, it appears that your browser is not running the JavaScript or ActiveX controls on our site. You'll need to change these settings before PCPitStop can perform a tune-up. For detailed instructions on changing your security settings, see our security settings page. If your security is set properly, another program (AdSubtract or ZoneAlarm, for instance) may have interfered with scripting. For more help, see the troubleshooting page. We have also had reports that a recent Microsoft update may be causing a problem; in Internet Explorer click View | Explorer Bar and UNCHECK Discuss (if you have that option listed). Discuss is unchecked as well as Favorites, history and feeds. Oh, and on here there is no emoticons, quote box, link etc. I clicked that toggel side panel and the screen just jumps. I don't think I have Zone Alarm Or AdSubtract. I do have AVG Virus.

Edited by Starwalker, 19 June 2007 - 01:48 PM.

#14 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

With IE 7.0 open, go to - Tools - Internet Options - Security(tab) - Internet Zone Press the Default button to return your IE to Default Settings in the Internet Zone. Does that allow you to use the Pit Test? Does that allow you to access your other website? Best Regards

#15 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

I set at default and it says medium-high. Still can't use either site and you tube won't either. I followed the steps we did in a post before and it didn't work. http://forums.tomcoy...view=getnewpost

I looked under help for ie7. For some odd reason it does not give a version, ciper strength or product id. ???

Have I downloaded any content screening utilities recently? idk. I don't think so.? I know I haven't downloaded any pop up blockers. I did download PCCillan and uninstalled it. It ran slower than Norton. It made EVERYTHING run slow.

Should I do a HiJack This log in the other forum and see if something is interfering?

Edited by Starwalker, 19 June 2007 - 02:50 PM.