This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help Please With Trojan.java.classloader.ao

18 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,
I've used HijackThis in the past, but haven't had to visit for quite some time. I now have this thing called Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao that my F-Secure detected but can't remove. I did an update on the Java site to see if that would help..it added 3 more:} I ran Spybot, and it didn't show up there. Before doing all of this I used system restore and it was still there. I don't have a clue what this is or how to remove it, although, I've seen other people say they also have it. On one site, I read that it was nothing to be concerned about and that Windows had put a patch to fix a vulnerability a long time ago. But I've never seen this before, and Spybot didn't detect it, only F-Secure. Below is the log from F-Secure and below that is the HijackThis log. I would really appreciate any help on this thing. I deleted the serial numbers next to my name on the Computer name line. Please help me:} I exchanged some emails with Tony Klein a long time ago..4 years ago:} The HijackThis was version 1.99.0.1.

flygirl

Scanning Report
12 June 2007 03:57:33 - 03:57:44
Computer name: TONI
Scanning type: Scan target
Target: C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Application Data
——————————————————————————–

Result: 6 malware found
Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao (virus)
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\statistic.jar-76932b6f-1916882d.zip\BaaaaBaa.class
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\statistic.jar-76932b6f-1916882d.zip\VaaaaaaaBaa.class
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\statistic.jar-76932b6f-1916882d.zip\Baaaaa.class
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\2\75460282-64e1dc7e\BaaaaBaa.class
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\2\75460282-64e1dc7e\VaaaaaaaBaa.class
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\2\75460282-64e1dc7e\Baaaaa.class

——————————————————————————–

Statistics
Scanned:
Files: 1213
Not scanned: 0
Result:
Viruses: 6
Spyware: 0
Suspicious items: 0
Riskware: 0
Actions:
Disinfected: 0
Renamed: 0
Deleted: 0
Quarantined: 0
Failed: 0
Boot Sectors:
Scanned: 0
Infected: 0
Suspicious items: 0
Disinfected: 0


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:40:18 AM, on 6/12/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Ocucom\PreCast\tmon.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\ClipCache\clipc.exe
C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ImageFox\ImageFox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\FSGK32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMB32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FCH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsqh.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fssm32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsav32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lnkstash.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay…me=STRK:ME:LNLK
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {BE89472C-B803-4D1D-9A9A-0A63660E0FE3} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: EyeOnIE Class - {316AEF8D-3C37-423E-9E6E-13820A9DC37A} - C:\PROGRA~1\THESHI~1\THESHI~1.1\PROGRA~1\PCSECU~1\THESHI~1\IrlOnIE.dll
O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Copernic Agent - {F2E259E8-0FC8-438C-A6E0-342DD80FA53E} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LinkStashMonitor] "C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsmon.exe"
O4 - Startup: ClipCache Pro.lnk = C:\Program Files\ClipCache\clipc.exe
O4 - Startup: DING!.lnk = C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
O4 - Startup: ImageFox.lnk = C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ImageFox\ImageFox.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: PreCast Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ocucom\PreCast\tmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Using Copernic Agent - res://C:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll/INTEGRATION_MENU_SEARCHEXT
O8 - Extra context menu item: SnipeIt! eSnipe - http://www.esnipe.com/SnipeIt/SnipeItOpen3.asp
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Launch Copernic Agent - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Copernic Agent - {688DC797-DC11-46A7-9F1B-445F4F58CE6E} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Vegas Poker 247 - {E913D28B-4327-4f36-B303-D08ADF847142} - C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Start Menu\Programs\Vegas Poker 247\Vegas Poker 247.lnk
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Vegas Poker 247 - {E913D28B-4327-4f36-B303-D08ADF847142} - C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Start Menu\Programs\Vegas Poker 247\Vegas Poker 247.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: LinkStash - {4874F370-402D-4d09-A73E-FAB439934E56} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsshow.exe (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: LinkStash - {4874F370-402D-4d09-A73E-FAB439934E56} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsshow.exe (HKCU)
O9 - Extra button: Add URLs - {957DCFA2-39F7-4443-9677-1B14E83A2F87} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsgrab.exe (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: LinkStash Add URLs - {957DCFA2-39F7-4443-9677-1B14E83A2F87} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsgrab.exe (HKCU)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.andrewmackenzie.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: www.netfirms.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: www.paypal.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {2ED9BC2B-4DF1-472E-9B5E-55477D2C97F5} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1160113252709
O16 - DPF: {9D190AE6-C81E-4039-8061-978EBAD10073} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.0) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Anti-Virus Firewall Daemon (FSDFWD) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Management Agent (FSMA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
Hi flygirl Welcome to the TomCoyote Forums My name is mschroe919 and I am going to read your log. I would like to help you So if you would…. Please be patient and I will be back as soon as possible. Please don't delete anything till asked to. Also if any questions. Feel free to ask if your not sure of what I will be asking you to do. mschroe919
Thanks so much! I may not be here for a while. Need to go out soon, so if I don't get back to you immediately, it isn't because I don't need yor help :} So far everything seems to be running ok. I can send you a link to the info I found on this thing, and the advanced user said it was just a Java thing and Microsoft had patched it. Just thought it was strange to have it though. I know not to delete anything. My log looked ok to me though..nothing really caught my eye. The Copernic thing is good…don't worry about that one. Back in the early days, someone told me it was a bad BHO, and I disagreed, and a zillion peole backed me up, and were mad at him:} It's a search thing that I use…have used it for years. I did find this..will look at it. Let me know what you think.

http://www.anchiva.com/virus/view.asp?vnam…lassloader.76F8

Thanks!

Toni
Hi flygirl,


I have read your log. Let me suggest you copy and paste these instructions into word pad, and print it out so you can follow the steps in order.

We need to disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection as it may interfere with the fixes that we need to make.

Open Windows Defender.

Click on Tools, General Settings.
Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended).
After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.

After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable Real-time Protection again.

FIRST:

You need to set WinXP to show all hidden and system
files.
Here is how:

* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

NEXT:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Download Here:
http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

NEXT:

Download AVG Anti-Spyware from HERE and save that file to your
desktop.
This is a 30 day trial of the program
  • Once you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop
    and double-click it to launch the set up program.
  • Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition
    files.
  • On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "
    Update now
    " link.
    • Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a
      progress bar will show the updates being installed.
  • Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of
    the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
  • Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then
    select "Delete".
  • Under "Reports"
    • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
    • Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
Close AVG Anti-Spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.

NEXT:

[*]Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting

your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears.

Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or
programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:
[*]Lauch ewido(AVG)-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.

[*]Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab

then click on "Complete System Scan".
[*]ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little

time.
Once the scan is complete do the following:
[*]If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all

actions"
[*]Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.

[*]Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the

screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where
you saved that file, this is important).
[*]Close ewido and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the

results of the AVG Anti-Spyware scan. And a new hjt log.
good luck mschroe919
Thanks so much! I will try this but I thought I would run the windows OneCare Live scan and see if that does anything. F-Secure had that in their help website. It takes several hours to do, so will wait until it's done. Also, as part of the instructions, I have to boot into safemode, and I seem to have a problem doing that. Called my computer guy and he is going to come by and check the BIOS. This has nothing to do with the virus, it happened once before. Don't know why it is doing that but will take care of it. Did you look at all the links that I sent to you? The last one was pretty interesting and it's the only one that validated that it actually removed it. Seems as if this is in the top 10 this month and don't have a clue as to where I got it. LMK if you see anything else that you think may be better than this way. F-Secure mentions several things. Oh..I also updated the IE 6 stuff..was 3 weeks overdue and there was some new fixes. F-Secure mentioned doing that and so did take care of that. I just want this GONE!! Thanks fo your help! Will get back to you when all this is done:}
Hi, Don't worry if you can't get into safe mode do it in regular mode. I did look at you suggestions. I am not that familiar with the last one but I wouldn't pay to see if it is any good. Look like you have to buy it, as it says Get free estimate to fix. I would like to stay with what I got if you want. That free trial of AVG anti spyware will help and you will be impressed the job it does. So when you get the time lets try my approach, Then when you get done with what your doing please send me a new log. Before you do my stuff,that is if your going to. Good luck mschroe919
Thanks..will try it your way. Computer guy is going to check on the safe mode thing though. Good to know I can do it in regular mode if necessary. I used the free Microsoft OneCare.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/center/…_cid=mscom_msrt

You can use the free one anytime..just doesn't install to run on the computer. The dayam thing said I was clean. No viruses or open ports. I will have to do what you told me later since I can't be on the computer right now. Will do tonight. Thanks again!
Hi flygirl,
This might help:
Getting into safe mode:
There are two ways to do this:

The most common is to reboot your computer and then repeatedly hit F8 while it's booting up.

The other way to to go to Start, Run, type in msconfig, and click OK. When the System Configuration Utility window comes up, click the BOOT.INI tab, select SAFEBOOT, and then OK. You will get asked to reboot and when you do, it will come up in Safe Mode.

When you're done in Safe Mode, go back to msconfig and remove the checkmark from SAFEMODE.
Thanks..didn't know the second way. Computer guy here now. Virus scan still shows the presence even though Microsoft's thing said it was clean:} Haven't done your stuff yet..tonight will do.
Hi,

Guess what! I am clean! I have to share with you what I did because it's a very simple procedure. The reason that the Windows Live OneCare thing didn't pick it up is that the infected files were within a zip file in the Java cache folder. My F-Secure is configured for Normal Mode, not Custom. It could detect the presence but not take action. I just followed the path to the correct folder which is the Java cache and manually deleted the zip (without opening it), and there was another folder 6.0 that I also deleted. I then ran a target scan and it showed clean. To insure that my Java was working properly, I accessed it in the Control Panel and clicked on update. It showed the latest one was already installed. I only have the Sun/Java, not Microsoft's, so the files were insulated from doing any damage, which is what I mentioned in a previous email. I just didn't like it on my computer when I really didn't know what it was. You may want to use this info if someone else has the same problem with their Java cache. I ran two more scans and it is most definitely clean. I can do a Custom configuration when I run a scan to allow a quarantine or deletion of any zips from within the scan. I have no idea where this came from, but could have been just visiting a web page. I did another HijackThis log and have pasted it below. I don't think I have any bad BHO's, but please let me know if you see anything. I really appreciate your help and hope that I don't get anything else:} I do think I would like to post my logs on here every now and then though, just to insure that my BHO's are only the ones that I want to have. :) I will send you a log file report of the entire system scan after I do one tonight. There were a coupld of "cannot read" files in the files not scanned. Think they are ok, but if you don't think so, please let me know. Thanks for all of your help!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:55:10 AM, on 6/13/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ClipCache\clipc.exe
C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ImageFox\ImageFox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\FSGK32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMB32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FCH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsqh.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fssm32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsav32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lnkstash.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\fshelp.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay…me=STRK:ME:LNLK
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {BE89472C-B803-4D1D-9A9A-0A63660E0FE3} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: EyeOnIE Class - {316AEF8D-3C37-423E-9E6E-13820A9DC37A} - C:\PROGRA~1\THESHI~1\THESHI~1.1\PROGRA~1\PCSECU~1\THESHI~1\IrlOnIE.dll
O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Copernic Agent - {F2E259E8-0FC8-438C-A6E0-342DD80FA53E} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LinkStashMonitor] "C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsmon.exe"
O4 - Startup: ClipCache Pro.lnk = C:\Program Files\ClipCache\clipc.exe
O4 - Startup: DING!.lnk = C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
O4 - Startup: ImageFox.lnk = C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ImageFox\ImageFox.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: PreCast Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ocucom\PreCast\tmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Using Copernic Agent - res://C:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll/INTEGRATION_MENU_SEARCHEXT
O8 - Extra context menu item: SnipeIt! eSnipe - http://www.esnipe.com/SnipeIt/SnipeItOpen3.asp
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Launch Copernic Agent - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Copernic Agent - {688DC797-DC11-46A7-9F1B-445F4F58CE6E} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Vegas Poker 247 - {E913D28B-4327-4f36-B303-D08ADF847142} - C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Start Menu\Programs\Vegas Poker 247\Vegas Poker 247.lnk
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Vegas Poker 247 - {E913D28B-4327-4f36-B303-D08ADF847142} - C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Start Menu\Programs\Vegas Poker 247\Vegas Poker 247.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: LinkStash - {4874F370-402D-4d09-A73E-FAB439934E56} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsshow.exe (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: LinkStash - {4874F370-402D-4d09-A73E-FAB439934E56} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsshow.exe (HKCU)
O9 - Extra button: Add URLs - {957DCFA2-39F7-4443-9677-1B14E83A2F87} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsgrab.exe (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: LinkStash Add URLs - {957DCFA2-39F7-4443-9677-1B14E83A2F87} - C:\Program Files\LinkStash\lsgrab.exe (HKCU)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\f-secure internet security\fsps\program\fslsp.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.andrewmackenzie.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: www.netfirms.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: www.paypal.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {2ED9BC2B-4DF1-472E-9B5E-55477D2C97F5} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/…lscbase8300.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1160113252709
O16 - DPF: {9D190AE6-C81E-4039-8061-978EBAD10073} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.0) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Anti-Virus Firewall Daemon (FSDFWD) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Management Agent (FSMA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
Hi flygirl,
congratulation

Pat yourself on the back, you did a great job.
First enable your Windows Defender.

I would like to see that log you got form the scan.

To help you stay clean.
I am posting my canned all clean speech, I give everyone.
========================================================

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

Note you may have some of theses programs allready, if so just a reminder to keep updated.

FIRST:
You need to create a new Clean restore point.

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
===================================================================
NEXT:
Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:

1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
2. Click once on the Security tab
3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
4. Click once on the Custom Level button.

1. Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
2. Change theDownload unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
3. Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
4. Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
5. Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
6. Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
7. When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
8. If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.

Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
====================================================================

Use an Anti Virus Software
It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future. See these links for a listing of some on line & their stand-alone anti virus programs:
If you don't have one here are some of the better AV products.

Symantec/Norton Antivirus: http://www.symantec.com/nav/nav_9xnt/
Kapersky AV: http://www.kaspersky.com/buyonline.html?info=25
Nod32 : http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm
Panda AV: http://www.pandasoftware.com/
McAfee Virusscan: http://us.mcafee.com/root/package.asp?pkgid=100
AVG Anti-Virus (Free version available) http://www.grisoft.com/

Update your Anti Virus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Anti virus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
============================================================
NEXT:

Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.
If you don't have one see link below for a free firewall:

ZoneAlarm:
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/cata….jsp?lid=nav_za

Sunbelt Kerio:
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm

OutPost:
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpostfree/download.php
================================================================================

Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option.

This will provide real-time spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an anti virus software

Get the download and tutorial for Spybot S&D here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial43.html
=========================================================================

Install Ad-Aware
Install and download Ad-Aware. You should also scan your computer with the program on a regular basis just as you would an anti virus software in conjunction with Spybot. The download and tutorial on installing & using Ad-aware can be found here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial48.html

====================================================================

Install SpywareBlaster
SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. A article on anti-malware products with links for this program and others can be found here:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
========================================================================

Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Happy surfing the net

I only ask one thing….please
Please post back and let us know what you think about our forum, we are all volunteers and would like a little smile.


Good luck Mschroe919
Thanks againb and thanks for the "clean speech!". I haven't run the full scan yet, just the target scan on the directory. Since that was the only thing that showed on the log after the full scan before cleaning, I am certain of it's being clean. I plan to run a full scan today and will send you the log. Did my hijackthis log look ok? Do you think spywareblaster is nesessary if running spybot and ad-aware? Thanks again! Will send the log scan when it's done too. Toni

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI