This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My Homepage Has Been Hijacked By This Site Asecurityupdate.com.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

i have a problem with the "asecurityupdate.com" site it hijacked my home page and I can't get rid of it. I don't want to pay for anything toget rid of it cuz this is my dads computer and if he foujld out I paind forsomething he would get mad. so can someone please help me I don't know what to do.
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

You need to get a complete installer that installs HijackThis to C:\Program Files\HijackThis, making an entry in the start menu and also providing a desktop shortcut from http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/HJTsetup.exe.

Click on the link and select Save, save it to your desktop and double click HJTsetup.exe.

Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.

When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents here please use the [Add Reply] button below.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI