This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Slow Everything, And Freezing Up

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am unable to do any kind of updates with microsoft, I don't have a XP Disk, i have tried different things on others posts to see if I could fix the issue, but I am having no luck. When i try to open certain items, at different times they wont open unless i shut clear down, and restart, then sometimes they will work. I.E. Items in the control panel, or even simple things like a IM. I originally thought maybe it was malware, just because something is using up all my cpu. But I have ran every scan and find nothing. Any suggestions that you might have would help. I ran a hijack this and posted in the malware section, and my thoughts are since no one has responded it shows no malware??
Hi, Sorry to hear of the slow down problem with your computer. The volunteer experts on the malware forum are often outnumbered by the folks needing their detailed advice and instructions, so if you can, please be patient in awaiting a response. Please be assured that they will get to your log and help with it as soon as they possibly can. Unfortunately the fact that you have not had an immediate response does NOT indicate that your machine is entirely free of undesirable elements, only that a volunteer expert has not been able to analyse it, formulate recommendations and respond to you yet. I do not wish to offer any advice that might possibly conflict with something that the malware removal expert recommends so will await until your machine has been declared clean. If then you are still having issues with your computer, please post back here in this thread and we will do our best to assist/advise you. Regards paws
OTAY! I will wait and see if there is any kind of reply. I have scanned with everything that is recommended for others, in safe and normal mode, and the fact that it won't let me do any kind of updates makes me think it is more than spyware. BUT I will do my best to be patient…. is there anything i could check in the mean time to see if all my systems otherwise are operating ok?? I have had several views of my post - just no replies, which is why i was thinking maybe that it was not malware?!?!? Thanks…
Hi moselbee, You may find that a lot of folks view your post in the malware removal forum, but only those people properly trained and authorised are allowed to make a response or recommendations. This is due to the danger of an untrained person trying to provide advice that might prove harmful to your computer, stop it booting up, or in a worst case scenario, seriously damage your operating system. Unfortunately the number of folks requiring help often exceeds the number of trained expert volunteers available, I know its tough, but hang on in there until a volunteer expert responds! It's really important that you don't make another post in the malware removal forum as this could indicate to a malware removal expert that you were already being helped (it would come up as a reply) and they might then move on to someone else's post. Once your machine has been declared clean, if you are still having issues, please post back here in this thread and we will do our best to help. Regards paws
How long do you think that I should wait before I seek help in this forum. It has been nearly 2 days, and no response? I won't post there again, I just need to know what is being impatient…Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI