AplusWebMaster
Topic Starter
FYI…
- http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2771
Last Updated: 2007-05-08 18:49:23 UTC
"A new scam is circulating on the Internet: There are a number of variations on the text, but it all boils down to (I've chosen a short version as an example):
"Hello,
I wish to let you know that i have been paid by a client to assasinate you at convenience, and i have signed a contract of $650,000 yesterday for this. I have never met you before, but they gave me the full description of your identity and contact, together with your photograph which my boys have used to trace you.
The reason why they want you Dead is not disclosed to me as i was not allowed to know, but you are now not better that the dead ok…"
Best possible advice: DO NOT MAKE CONTACT. These guys will just spam you if you do not respond, once you respond they've spotted somebody who might fall for the scam and they'll be much harder and annoying to get rid of. This is the classical 'don't be the easiest target'…"
<_<
- http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2771
Last Updated: 2007-05-08 18:49:23 UTC
"A new scam is circulating on the Internet: There are a number of variations on the text, but it all boils down to (I've chosen a short version as an example):
"Hello,
I wish to let you know that i have been paid by a client to assasinate you at convenience, and i have signed a contract of $650,000 yesterday for this. I have never met you before, but they gave me the full description of your identity and contact, together with your photograph which my boys have used to trace you.
The reason why they want you Dead is not disclosed to me as i was not allowed to know, but you are now not better that the dead ok…"
Best possible advice: DO NOT MAKE CONTACT. These guys will just spam you if you do not respond, once you respond they've spotted somebody who might fall for the scam and they'll be much harder and annoying to get rid of. This is the classical 'don't be the easiest target'…"
<_<