Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Major problems please help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

Hi, I was recently helped on our households main computer, and I used the information in that topic to help me with this computer which is our old one. I downloaded AVG Anti-spyware 7.5, and ATF-Cleaner, along with current Hijack-this. When I run AVG it runs for just under an hour and detects 164 infected items, and then it shuts down by itself and I get a warning that virtual memory is too low, so I have increased that under control panel and ran AVG again, same thing, I removed AVG and downloaded again, increased memory again, same thing, it never gives me the results page that I would normally apply actions and save report?? Here is my latest Hi-Jack This log, I know that there are high risk items running, per what I could see of scan before shutting down. Computer performance over-all is extremely poor, takes 20 minutes to boot up or restart. I appreciate all of your help.

Here is my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:17:35 PM, on 03/18/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\wanda\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://msn.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O20 - Winlogon Notify: STOPzilla - IS3WLHandler.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe

I know that on my other computer there were alot more items on this list? Maybe I am missing something?
I have already removed games and things that have been loaded on my computer via a disk to help it run better, please, please, please tell me what to do?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts
  • Interests:Computer Security, Music, Sports

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hi danajogreg,

Was your computer running in Normal Mode when you produced the HJT log? It does look rather lean.

Also, did you run AVG AS in safe mode. Try this:

Please download AVG Anti-Spyware to your Desktop or to your usual Download Folder.

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
  • Install AVG Anti-Spyware by double clicking the installer.
  • Follow the prompts. Make sure that Launch AVG Anti-Spyware is checked.
  • On the main screen under Your Computer's security.
    • Click on Change state next to Resident shield. It should now change to inactive.
    • Click on Change state next to Automatic updates. It should now change to inactive.
    • Next to Last Update, click on Update now. (You will need an active internet connection to perform this)
    • Wait until you see the Update succesfull message.
  • Right-click the AVG Anti-Spyware Tray Icon and uncheck Start with Windows.
  • Right-click the AVG Anti-Spyware Tray Icon and select Exit. Confirm by clicking Yes.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
AVG Anti-Spyware manual updates.
Download the Full database to your Desktop or to your usual Download Folder and install it by double clicking the file.
Make sure that AVG Anti-Spyware is closed before installing the update.

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.
  • If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power.
  • Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon,
    some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
  • Login on your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode:

Close ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Please start AVG Anti-Spyware and run a full scan.
  • Click on Scanner on the toolbar.
  • Click on the Settings tab.
    • Under How to act?
      • Click on Recommended Action and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.
    • Under How to scan?
      • All checkboxes should be ticked.
    • Under Possibly unwanted software:
      • All checkboxes should be ticked.
    • Under Reports:
      • Select Automatically generate report after every scan and uncheck Only if threats were found.
    • Under What to scan?
      • Select Scan every file.
  • Click on the Scan tab.
  • Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan process.
  • Let the program scan the machine.
  • When the scan has finished, follow the instructions below.
    IMPORTANT : Don't click on the "Save Scan Report" button before you did hit the "Apply all Actions" button.
    • Make sure that Set all elements to: shows Quarantine (1), if not click on the link and choose Quarantine from the popup menu. (2)
    • At the bottom of the window click on the Apply all Actions button. (3)
      Posted Image
  • When done, click the Save Scan Report button. (4)
    • Click the Save Report as button.
    • Save the report to your Desktop.
  • Right-click the AVG Anti-Spyware Tray Icon and select Exit. Confirm by clicking Yes.
Reboot back into Normal Mode

Please post the AVG report along with a new HJT log run in Normal Mode.

Regards,
Dave
IndiGenus

The help you receive here is free, but if you would like to help me continue the fight against Malware then Posted Image

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 5 days

Proud Graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

"To find perfect composure in the midst of change is to find ourselves in nirvana."

Suzuki Roshi

#3 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

Yes, I was in normal mode with the log I posted and I did run AVG in safe mode? The AVG screen disappears before completing the scan, so I am never prompted to quarantine the files or remove them, When AVG disappears I get a warning that virtual memory too low and it says windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging size. I have tried increasing virtual memory myself via control panel, and I have tried removing AVG and reinstalling it, still does same thing? I am able to update AVG, it's the scan itsself that doesn't work, therefore there is no AVG report. I don't know know why the log is so slim, I know our other computer has alot more in it???

#4 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:21 PM

Let's try a different scanner and see what we get.

* Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
  • Choose the "Scan"-tab, remove the mark at "Heuristic analysis".
  • Back at the main window, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply.

IndiGenus

The help you receive here is free, but if you would like to help me continue the fight against Malware then Posted Image

"To find perfect composure in the midst of change is to find ourselves in nirvana."

Suzuki Roshi

#5 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for your help, soory for the delay here is a now log and the scan results from Dr web

Scan saved at 10:28:27 AM, on 03/24/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://msn.com/
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe

NULL;C:\;Adware.WinTool;Incurable.Moved.;
MiniBug.exe;C:\WINDOWS\TEMP;Adware.Aws;Incurable.Moved.;
Popular Screensavers.scr;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
disp350.exe;C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker;Adware.Rebates;Incurable.Moved.;
A0025637.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E60630D0-7378-4AC7-BE23-E4821316FF73}\RP297;Adware.Aws;Incurable.Moved.;
A0025701.exe;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E60630D0-7378-4AC7-BE23-E4821316FF73}\RP297;Trojan.MulDrop.4313;Deleted.;
NULL;C:\;Adware.WinTool;;
MiniBug.exe;C:\WINDOWS\TEMP;Adware.Aws;;
Popular Screensavers.scr;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;Adware.Msearch;;
disp350.exe;C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker;Adware.Rebates;;
A0025637.dll;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E60630D0-7378-4AC7-BE23-E4821316FF73}\RP297;Adware.Aws;;

#6 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

Let's try doing some cleanup and then try running AVG again.

Use ATF Cleaner to remove temp files, cookies, cache, ect...

Download ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner© by Atribune to your desktop.

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it.

Under Main select the following:
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time.

Now try AVG once more please.

Dave
IndiGenus

Suzuki Roshi

#7 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

Is it okay to have this and ccleaner, this is what I have been using to clean stuff up? Thanks for your help!

#8 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

Yes, they won't conflict in any way and CC Cleaner is good too.
IndiGenus

Suzuki Roshi

#9 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:46 AM

Hi Dave, Sorry for delay in reply, life is busy right now, I used ATF cleaner as you advised and then tried AVG in safe mode again, ATF worked fine, AVG did the same thing again, it runs the scan for awhile and then completly disappears, never completes scan and doesn't go to the screen that prompts you to apply all actions. After it disappears a warning comes up on the screen that states "virtual memory too low" windows is increasing the size of VM some programs may be unavailable" Ok well that's all happenning with that, any idea why Hijackthis scan so little? Thanks for all your help, by the way visited your site, very informative! Dana

#10 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

Hi Dana,

Not sure why your HJT log is so small...it doesn't appear you have much installed on this PC. Let's try a scan with this tool:

Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall
IndiGenus

Suzuki Roshi

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Here is the log from the Combofix scan that I ran on 3/30/07, hopefully this gives some insight to what is going on with this computer. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Will wait to hear what to do next.

danajogreg

2007-03-25 20:23 3,968 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\AvgAsCln.sys
2007-03-23 18:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\wanda\DoctorWeb
2007-03-21 20:32 1,572,864 --ah----- C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\ntuser.dat

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-01-08 19:01 17408 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\corpol.dll
2006-12-30 22:26 45056 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hssicore.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\\avgas.exe\" /minimized"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run-]
"Taskbar Display Controls"="RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY"
"Yahoo! Pager"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\ypager.exe -quiet"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run-]
"TaskMonitor"="c:\\windows\\taskmon.exe"
"InstantAccess"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\TEXTBR~1.0\\BIN\\INSTAN~1.EXE /h"
"RegisterDropHandler"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\TEXTBR~1.0\\BIN\\REGIST~1.EXE"
"StillImageMonitor"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\STIMON.EXE"
"PE2CKFNT SE"="C:\\Program Files\\Ulead Systems\\Ulead Photo Express 2 SE\\ChkFont.exe"
"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"MSVersion"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\IEFEATURESVERSION.exe"
"iefeatures"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\IEFEATURES.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\setup\disabledrunkeys]
"FARMMEXT"=""
"EnsoniqMixer"="starter.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runservices-]
"SchedulingAgent"="mstask.exe"
"GoBack Polling Service"="C:\\Program Files\\Wild File\\GoBack\\GBPoll.exe"
"RegisterDropHandler"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\TEXTBR~1.0\\BIN\\REGIST~1.EXE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"NoDispAppearancePage"=dword:00000000
"NoDispBackgroundPage"=dword:00000000
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoViewContextMenu"=dword:00000000
"NoCDBurning"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"EditLevel"=dword:00000000
"NoRun"=dword:00000000
"NoClose"=dword:00000000
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000
"NoFileMenu"=dword:00000000
"CDRAutoRun"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]

[HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internet explorer\desktop\components\0]
Source REG_SZ

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\STOPzilla

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
"SecurityProviders"="msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost]
HTTPFilter REG_MULTI_SZ HTTPFilter\0\0
LocalService REG_MULTI_SZ Alerter\0WebClient\0LmHosts\0RemoteRegistry\0upnphost\0SSDPSRV\0\0
NetworkService REG_MULTI_SZ DnsCache\0\0
DcomLaunch REG_MULTI_SZ DcomLaunch\0TermService\0\0
rpcss REG_MULTI_SZ RpcSs\0\0
imgsvc REG_MULTI_SZ StiSvc\0\0
termsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ TermService\0\0

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\D]
Shell\AutoRun\command D:\AUTOPLAY.EXE

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Tune-up Application Start.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Uninstall QuickTime.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Maintenance-Defragment programs.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Maintenance-Disk cleanup.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{726BC8C3-9911-43F6-A2B9-86945675F5BA}.job

catchme 0.2 W2K/XP/Vista - userland rootkit detector by Gmer, 17 October 2006
http://www.gmer.net

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 07-03-30 18:45:37

#12 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:35 PM

And here is the HiJack This log that I ran following the ComboFix scan.

Scan saved at 6:59:41 PM, on 03/30/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

#13 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:20 AM

Hi Dana,

Let's try this. Rename HijackThis to something else (like Spyware.exe). It doesn't matter what you call it, just keep the .exe part.

Run it and post a fresh log.

Thanks,
Dave
IndiGenus

Suzuki Roshi

#14 danajogreg

danajogreg

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:03 AM

Scan saved at 12:54:27 PM, on 03/31/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\wanda\Desktop\spyware.exe\spyware.exe

Hi, Dave,

I renamed HiJack this and ran new scan. Should I be deleting all other scan tools that you have recommended for me, when a new scan tool is provided, and/or will these interfear with the current scan tool you provided me? Dana

#15 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:17 AM

No difference which doesn't surprise me. I'm not sure what's going on here at this point. Is the machine still running poorly?

Should I be deleting all other scan tools that you have recommended for me, when a new scan tool is provided, and/or will these interfear with the current scan tool you provided me?

You can get rid of Combofix and DrWeb. Also ATF Cleaner if you prefer CC Cleaner. To answer your question none of these would conflict. The only things you have running real time are AVG and your Antivirus. What are the hardware specs. on this PC?

Hard Drive (free space)
RAM
CPU

Also, can I get a list of installed programs from HJT:

1. Open HijackThis and click on the Config... button in the "Other stuff" section (lower right hand corner).
2. Click on the Misc Tools button.
3. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager... button.
4. Click on the Save list... button.
5. Save the file uninstall_list.txt to a convinient location. This should open Notepad with the list.
6. Please Copy and Paste the list into your next reply.

Dave
IndiGenus

Suzuki Roshi