danajogreg
Topic Starter
Hi, I was recently helped on our households main computer, and I used the information in that topic to help me with this computer which is our old one. I downloaded AVG Anti-spyware 7.5, and ATF-Cleaner, along with current Hijack-this. When I run AVG it runs for just under an hour and detects 164 infected items, and then it shuts down by itself and I get a warning that virtual memory is too low, so I have increased that under control panel and ran AVG again, same thing, I removed AVG and downloaded again, increased memory again, same thing, it never gives me the results page that I would normally apply actions and save report?? Here is my latest Hi-Jack This log, I know that there are high risk items running, per what I could see of scan before shutting down. Computer performance over-all is extremely poor, takes 20 minutes to boot up or restart. I appreciate all of your help.
Here is my log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:17:35 PM, on 03/18/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\wanda\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://msn.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O20 - Winlogon Notify: STOPzilla - IS3WLHandler.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
I know that on my other computer there were alot more items on this list? Maybe I am missing something?
I have already removed games and things that have been loaded on my computer via a disk to help it run better, please, please, please tell me what to do?
Here is my log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:17:35 PM, on 03/18/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\wanda\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://msn.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AE85DC6-F3B3-4517-94A6-17F632D28D89}: NameServer = 166.102.165.13 166.102.165.11
O20 - Winlogon Notify: STOPzilla - IS3WLHandler.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
I know that on my other computer there were alot more items on this list? Maybe I am missing something?
I have already removed games and things that have been loaded on my computer via a disk to help it run better, please, please, please tell me what to do?