This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Spybot Search&Destroy Scan

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi All,

Everytime I do a scan with spybot S&D it keeps picking up "Microsoft Windows Security Centre.FirewallDisableNotify" and Microsoft Windows Security Centre.AntivirusDisableNotify"
as Problems

I have disabled my XP Windows Firewall as I am using McAfee as seen in my signature –
is there any way I can stop Spybot S&D from picking these 2 items up as "Problems"

(see attached image file)

[external image: Posted Image]


Thanx
hey tsunami If I am not mistaken you are fine. I had the same issue a couple of times. I believe whatyou want to do is right click them and remove them from the scan. They are not real threats. I will lok back at a couple of posts of my own and see if I can not find the exact answer given to me. dont follow my instructions untill I find them in here—Please. I dont want you to go wrong.
Hello dangedcoyote is correct. SpyBot S&D is simply reporting to you that you have made the change. If you "had not made such a change" it would be a good thing that Spybot tells you that "someone or something made such a change" You can disable the notification, or just ignore it. Best Regards
what you see is what it is called. click it so the drop down shows and right click it then you can click on Exclude this detection from further searches or Exclude this product from further searches. I personally would do the detection and not the product. best to you.
dangedcoyote, dough Thanx very much for your prompt replies – much appreciated – ok will do what you have suggested – c u l8r bibi :wavey:
Just finished running my spybot S&D - my problem has been fixed thanx to the suggestions by dangedcoyote and dough - I should of known it would of been something as simple as that – thank god for these forums and people like yourselves who are only to willing to pass on your knowledge and experience. B) B)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI