Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MY self help log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#16 amateur

amateur

Authentic Member

• Malware Team
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

You have a clean log. :)

Please remove/delete all the tools I asked you to download, except AVG Anti Spyware and Ccleaner. Since AVG Anti Spyware is a trial version, the realtime guard and automatic update will stop functioning after the trial period. That is why we are not installing the guard so it will not interfere with the cleanup or the malware removal process. You can use AVG-AS as an on-demand scanner (recommended) but you will have to manually update the definition file each time you scan.

Ccleaner is also a useful tool to keep for cleaning your cookies and temp files on a regular basis.

Re-enable all the realtime scanners I may have asked you to disable.

Remember to hide your system files again, if I had asked you to unhide them.

Create a new System Restore point to prevent reinfection from old restore points.

Go to Start>Run and type sysdm.cpl. Press Enter
  • Select the System Restore Tab
  • Place a check in "Turn off System Restore on all drives"
  • Click Apply
  • next, uncheck the same checkbox.
  • Click Apply
  • Click OK
You can also find instructions on how to disable and re enable system restore here:
Windows XP System Restore Guide

Please read this page with lots of info and tips on how to prevent malware in the future.
And if you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look in here.

If the sound situation is not improved after following the steps for improving your system performance, I would suggest that you post the problem at the Other Computer Problems forum as it doesn't seem to be malware related.

Happy and safe surfing! :wavey:
Amateur
ASAP
Posted Image
Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 amateur

amateur

Authentic Member

• Malware Team
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

Since your problem appears to be resolved, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please PM me with the address of the thread, and we will reopen it for you. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Amateur
ASAP
Posted Image
Posted Image