Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Tell a noob where to start please

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mr_JAk3

Mr_JAk3

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:56 AM

Hmm it is still there...

Was this the same account than where you previously installed the software? Do you still have the password/registration code? Here is some tech support, you could try them out.
UNITE & ASAP member since 2006
Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Mr_Kake

Mr_Kake

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:07 PM

I finally got a chance to work on this! It is the same account that it was installed on before. Support says my registration is expired and I will need to renew in order for the install to work. I don't really want to do that, since I am just going to uninstall it anyway. On a brighter note. My machine has only stalled once in the last week. Do we just call it good at this point and leave the orphaned files there?

#18 Mr_JAk3

Mr_JAk3

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

I think that it is best to leave it there. A forced removal may cause all kinds of critical problems.

Then you should update your Java to the latest version (6.0)
  • Start
  • Control Panel
  • Add/Remove Programs
  • Delete the old Java, J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0.
  • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications."
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement."
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Install it
=============

Now that you seem to be clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure: Stay clean and be safe ;)
UNITE & ASAP member since 2006
Posted Image