This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help. Realarea.biz Trojan

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello out there.
According to spyware doctor I have a trojan downloader on my PC, please see the link of the screen shot:
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~hurtadoj/spywaredoctor.jpg
Here is some more info from spyware doctor's site:
http://www.pctools.com/en/mrc/infections/i…eoPro%20Dialer/

Anyways, I scanned with Ad-Aware, Spybot search and destroy, Superantispyware, Windows defender and AOL Active virus shield powered by Kaspersky. And only spyware doctor found this; I think spyware doctor is a reputable program. I don't have the paid version for spyware doctor so I cannot remove it. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of it, that would be excellent.
By the way, I'm not having any symptoms of malware (my homepage is still the same, no popups etc)

Here is my hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:13:33 PM, on 2/3/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL\Active Virus Shield\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SAService.exe
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WUSB54Gv4.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL\Active Virus Shield\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SiteAdv.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Anti-Spyware\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\ois.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0A87E45F-537A-40B4-B812-E2544C21A09F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
O2 - BHO: CBHO Object - {CBA74CDA-DF78-4AD9-954E-3B15D0A993DE} - C:\Program Files\CoreStreet\SpoofStick\SpoofStickBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FFFFFEF0-5B30-21D4-945D-000000000000} - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\SDIEInt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SpoofStick - {4D46ED77-1429-4CF6-8F63-C84B5D710BAF} - C:\Program Files\CoreStreet\SpoofStick\SpoofStick.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [aol] "C:\Program Files\AOL\Active Virus Shield\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiteAdvisor] C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SiteAdv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Star Downloader - C:\Program Files\Star Downloader\sdie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.emachines.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://marsh.cba.hawaii.edu
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://myuhportal.hawaii.edu
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.imd.ch
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://safety.live.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://us.mcafee.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.pandasoftware.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.scandoo.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.secunia.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.stocktrak.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://housecall.trendmicro.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://infospeed.verizon.net
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.webstandards.org
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=39204
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.safety.live.com/resource/d…wlscbase969.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1151221356577
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/…861/mcfscan.cab
O18 - Protocol: siteadvisor - {3A5DC592-7723-4EAA-9EE6-AF4222BCF879} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SiteAdv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Active Virus Shield (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AOL\Active Virus Shield\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Imapi Helper - Alex Feinman - C:\Program Files\Alex Feinman\ISO Recorder\ImapiHelper.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SAService.exe
O23 - Service: WUSB54Gv4SVC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe" "WUSB54Gv4.exe (file missing)
Download DelDomains.inf
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf

Right-click and select….. Save Target As….Save

To use: Right-click and select……. Install (no need to restart)
**Note** This will remove all entries in the "Trusted Zone"
Hello LDTate,
I was looking at my registry, and it appears that spyware doctor has found something in my "Restricted Sites".
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~hurtadoj/restrictedzones.jpg
My question is, isn't it supposed to be there with the rest of my Restricted Zones (false positive)? If I run DelDomains.inf won't it remove the Trusted Zones as well as these Restricted Zones? In the registry I have the choice to right click any zone and delete it if I want, can't I just do that?

Here is a picture of the domain in question in my registry, notice all the other restricted zones along with it: 1-britney-spears-nude.com, sexparty.com, etc…
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~hurtadoj/reg.jpg

Thanks for your help
Yes, that would remove all sites in the restricted zone.

In the registry I have the choice to right click any zone and delete it if I want, can't I just do that?

sure or Launch HijackThis, Select None of the above, Click Config, click the 'Open'Misc Tools'Section -> 'Open hosts file manager'
Thanks for bearing with me.

As mentioned in my previous post, and shown that "1987324.com" is in my restricted sites
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~hurtadoj/restrictedzones.jpg
And looking at the mirror list in my registry along with all the other potentially harmful domains
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~hurtadoj/reg.jpg
I've come to the conclusion that I should not delete 1987324.com, even though spyware doctor picks it up as spyware - this is because I think spy doc is making a mistake and listing something that is in my restricted sites as spyware (false positive).
If you disagree, please let me know

Thanks for your help
Thanks for all your help LDTate. I actually do have an anti-virus program, you must have accidentally skipped over it. Its listed as: C:\Program Files\AOL\Active Virus Shield\avp.exe I use to have AVG, but I saw reviews that said Kaspersky was one of the best, that is why I now use the free Active Virus Shield powered by Kaspersky Thanks again
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI