Sound Not Working
23 min read
I may be making a mistake, but when I do the search for your Audio Driver I find the one that Ax238 originally recommended: Audio, Version 5.12.01.3665 SoundMAX
(with the (5), not the (3)
Go here http://support.asus.com/download/download….SLanguage=en-us
and fill in the drop-down lists in the "General Download" section with the following values:
Select Product - Motherboard
Select Series - Socket478
Select Models - P4S800-MX
Click Search
Select the Drivers tab
Select the download appropriate to XP listed under Audio, Version 5.12.01.3665 SoundMAX
Download and install, in the same way you tried the other one.
Best Regards
Sorry, after you get to the AUDIO Driver Download page for:
Audio, Version 5.12.01.3665 SoundMAX
Then Select the Version appropriate to Windows XP, which is the 5th download on that page.
WinXP
Version 5.12.01.3665 2003/10/01 update
Description SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3665 WHQL for Windows 98/ME/2K/XP.
File Size 2.14 (MBytes)
Download from Global USA Europe China
P4S800-MX
AUDIO <————- Select this itme
BIOS
BIOS-Utilities
IDE
LAN
Manual
Utilities
VGA
Then on the following page:
P4S800-MX
AUDIO
\/
\/
\/
\/
The 5th item down is the Audio Driver appropriate to XP
WinXP
Version 5.12.01.3665 2003/10/01 update
Description SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3665 WHQL for Windows 98/ME/2K/XP.
File Size 2.14 (MBytes)
Download from Global USA Europe China <——– press the button for your closest location for download
Sorry Lochy, my suggestions seem to be getting you lost.
And now, I must leave for an away appointment here in town.
I will check back later.
Additional Suggestion:
In your downloaded Audio Driver Installation folder (where you unzipped the driver to your Desktop folder)
There is an option for Remove.exe <———– Consider Removing first and then try the install.exe again.
Or, Perhaps Ax238 will step in later.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI