yes the updated JAVA Runtime Environment will give you access.
JAVA Runtime Environment provides your local machine the ability to interact with ActiveX applets from Websites that "interact" with your machine (as in games and other situations) (for instance, you had to accept an ActiveX over at PCPitstop, so that your machine could run the Tests)
the Updated JAVA Runtime Environment will provide the same flexibility, and at the same time is more secure than the prior versions.
You will be required to "re-accept" the ActiveX at that gaming site, just as you would have to "re-accept" the ActiveX from PCPitstop when you go there to perform an additional test for fresh results.
But once you "re-accept" the ActiveX, it will reside permanently, until you update JAVA again.
Disable Hibernate and Hiberfil.sys
Right-Click on any empty space of your Desktop
Select - Properties
Click on Screen Saver(tab)
Click on Power Schemes or Power Options (button at the bottom under Power Monitor)
Click on the Hibernate(tab)
Remove the checkmark/tick from the box in front of: Enable hibernation
Run your Ccleaner, using the settings that you ordinarily use.
(The original default settings are safe).
After you've Run Ccleaner and rebooted —
Defrag your Hard Drive.
Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Defragmenter
Run Disk Defragmenter (3) three times, one after another.
Lochy,
Though there are other recommendations that I'd like to offer to you, I cannot, since they would interfere with your successful HJT work.
We'll see what becomes available to you tomorrow.
I'm heading for the pillow. It's 12:03am here on the Pacific Coast of Sunny California.
Once we get the HJT work completed, we can continue with the other necessary work here,……
Including what you asked for in the first place — your Audio Device Drivers.
Please limit your online activities, pretty much to just checking back here to TC for any additional recommenations in this thread, or at your HJT Thread.
Use Mozilla to come online to check-in here, if you're comfortable using it.
I see you have it installed, even though it is an older version.
It will prompt you to update its version —— don't.
Please refrain from making any additional changes to your machine.
That would include, please do not run any online scans, or AVG AntiSpyware Scans, until instructed to do so by your HJT advisor.
I sure wish that I could instruct you to Remove that Browser Tracking Code, but I can't because I do not know how that would affect (conceal) any important information needed by your HJT advisor.
When you do get a reply from your HJT advisor, give them a link to this thread, so they can see what you've done up to this point.
If I think of additional steps that we can safely take, I'll post them, knowing that the time differential may cause some delay. I'll probably get a chance to catch up with you during my tomorrow evening.
Best Regards
No problem at all Lochy, it is with great pleasure that we are assisting you with your problems.
Please wait until your HJT log is fixed to perform the audio driver install, as dough suggested. The following is information you will need to obtain the driver:
First, set a System Restore Point (Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|System Restore) in the event that something goes wrong.
For your audio driver:
Go here and fill in the drop-down lists in the "General Download" section with the following values:
Select Product - Motherboard
Select Series - Socket478
Select Models - P4S800-MX
Click Search
Select the Drivers tab
Your audio driver is second on the list under Audio, Version 5.12.01.3665 SoundMAX
After you download, extract the files and install the driver.
Hey Ax,
as you have said i must select Version 5.12.01.3665 SoundMAX..
There is only,
-SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3663 driver for Windows NT4
-SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3663 WHQL driver for Windows 98SE,ME,2000,XP
notice the 3 instad of the 5 after the "5.12.01.366*"
wait, lol, i think that might be a stupid question becuase it reads " for Windows NT4" whereas the other ones say"xp etc.."