Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

stop join chat room on tomcoyot

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 leonguvar

leonguvar

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:42 AM

hi when i join on chat room and below it a piece of message can u give me a hint tks!! [17:29] Connecting... [17:29] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dixiesys.net resolve)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Hello,

You need to make sure to accept the certificate that pops up after you enter your nickname and click Login.

Ax

#3 leonguvar

leonguvar

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:14 AM

is it infected after i accpet pop screen cuz sweep-spy warns me before i accept it i am scared by recent torjain-hosre viurs. can u give me a hint whether it is secure what i will execute. thanks much!!

Edited by leonguvar, 09 January 2007 - 07:16 AM.

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

In the more information section of the certificate, it has the following:
This application will be run without the security restrictions normally provided by Java.

The security certificate was issued by a company that is not trusted.

The security certificate has not expired and is still valid.

The first two are more of the reason your anti-spyware program is sounding an alarm. This could be because the Digital Certificate supplier’s details are not listed in the certificates database of your browser, or the certificates database has not been updated. Unfortunately there is no central authority which provides links to update the certificates databases of browsers. These two warnings shouldn't matter much in this scenario, as you are visiting a chatroom on a security computer support website (just be sure the address is http://www.tomcoyote...chat/index.php).

The files downloaded are completely harmless and you have nothing to worry about. If this still bothers you, then you should use an IRC client, such as mIRC, instead. Otherwise, go ahead and accept the certificate, no virus/malware will be installed on your system.

Cheers,

Ax

#5 leonguvar

leonguvar

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

why does application run by limitatin of java which warns fire? how does user find update the certificates databases of browsers whether they are certificated member or not?

#6 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

Java is a very secure language. With such security implemented, it serves to warn you that something you download may not be following the same security rules that Java upholds: meaning if it's evil, it can do bad things to your computer. That isn't the case in this scenario, as I have already stated.

I do not have an answer for your second question. When you choose to start trusting a specific member's certificate, that member and certificate are added to your browser's database. In a nutshell, make sure you trust the website you are downloading from. You can learn more info by doing a search on "certificate authority". The following link might also help:
http://gdp.globus.or...ml/ch10s04.html

Edit: A list of third party certificate authorities:
http://dmoz.org/Comp...te_Authorities/

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 11 January 2007 - 10:56 AM.

#7 pacman123

pacman123

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hi,don't know if this helps :- Start > control panel > Java > Security > Certificates, there you can add/remove certificates...... Regards pacman123

#8 leonguvar

leonguvar

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:54 AM

system.ini my friend tell me that i have to modify it such as UserInit=
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\svchost.exe,C:\WINDOWS\rundl132.exe
using hijackthis to guide my friend tell me to do.
i can't find any about path above mention
this is content of system.ini and how can i find solution to deal it otherwise system would slow down over performance.
http://img150.images...ystemintag4.gif

Edited by leonguvar, 16 January 2007 - 10:03 AM.

#9 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

HijackThis logs need to be analyzed by trained HijackThis log experts. I see nothing wrong with your system.ini file. UserInit is a registry value, not one stored in the system.ini file. Please start a new thread in the HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal forum to continue receiving assistance. Be sure to read the Self-Help topic before posting.

Thanks,

Ax

#10 leonguvar

leonguvar

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

this is why i doubt system.ini doesn't include UserInit. but my friend tell me it surely exists in the system.ini

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 pacman123

pacman123

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:47 AM

userinit can be found...C:\WINDOWS\I386.. Just one warning if you delete this file you will not be able to Logon....... Regards pacman123

#12 leonguvar

leonguvar

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:22 AM

windows\system.ini path, this file can't find keyword userinit. i have showed linked-content above replay.so i use hijackthis scan and then fix releative item. next time i scan it and can't find it. does it make system serious situation by do that?

#13 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:51 AM

userinit.exe should be located in the System root (C:\Windows\System32). I don't think this is what leonguvar is referencing, as the Userinit in HJT logs refers to the registry setting.

The Userinit registry setting contains the name of the file Windows executes when the user logs on. The file (userinit.exe) performs a few logon tasks, such as starting logon scripts and establishing network connections. Ultimately, userinit.exe starts Explorer.exe - Windows user interface. The shell registry setting is stored under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon].

The value for the registry entry should be the following:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

In this respect, you are correct in fixing this entry, since the entry you posted is different. If you don't have the above listed entry, you need to have it. See the following for more information:
http://www.kellys-ko..._wel_screen.htm

Regards,

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 17 January 2007 - 08:51 AM.

#14 leonguvar

leonguvar

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:39 AM

i try to[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon -->userinit.exe modifies into wsupdater.exe and then logo out. do you know what's happen? i still can't login xp even though use some username and screen shows logout cycle. i don't face reinstall xp once. it is nightmare!!

Edited by leonguvar, 22 January 2007 - 01:41 AM.

#15 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

As stated in my last post, please follow the instructions at the following link:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_wel_screen.htm: The Welcome Screen Appears then Logs off section

I could not put them any better/easier to understand myself. If you have problems following the instructions, please let us know. The instructions in the link tell you how to fix the issue you are experiencing.

Edited by Ax238, 22 January 2007 - 01:55 PM.