This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijack this log.... Assistance PLZ

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have posted the log file below. This seems to be an issue when starting Windows and it also eats resources on the boot up because it takes forever to complete the loading of the services. Can someone check this out and help… Im a network guru, not a Registry guy….Thanks in advance.


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:16:43 PM, on 12/6/2001
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe
C:\Program Files\ClockSync\Sync.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\PrecisionTime\PrecisionTime.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Registry Search\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\4.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (file missing)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - {00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\4.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: mwsBar BHO - {07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\5.bin\MWSBAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: URLLink - {4A2AACF3-ADF6-11D5-98A9-00E018981B9E} - C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet7_22.dll
O2 - BHO: Search-O-Matic - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D9FB-FA6BAD98FA7D} - C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\MyGeek.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Search-O-Matic - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D9FB-FA6BAD98FA7D} - C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\MyGeek.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: DashBar Toolbar - {CC90CDA0-74A0-45b4-80EF-D89CA8C249B8} - C:\Program Files\DashBar\DashBar21.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BlockTracker] c:\hp\bin\BlockTracker.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoTBar] C:\hp\bin\autotbar.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet /keeploaded
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightMonitor 01] "C:\Program Files\SBC Yahoo!\Connection Manager\IP InSight\IPMon32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\5.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [New.net Startup] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1.DLL,ClientStartup -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [My Web Search Bar] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\5.bin\MWSBAR.DLL,S
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ClockSync] "C:\Program Files\ClockSync\Sync.exe" /q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\2.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center UI.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\2.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: PrecisionTime.lnk = C:\Program Files\PrecisionTime\PrecisionTime.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ymetray.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\ymetray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/…?p=ZRxdm069YYUS
O9 - Extra button: MktBrowser - {17A27031-71FC-11d4-815C-005004D0F1FA} - C:\Program Files\MarketBrowser\lmt\MarketBrowser_Launch.xpy
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MarketBrowser - {17A27031-71FC-11d4-815C-005004D0F1FA} - C:\Program Files\MarketBrowser\lmt\MarketBrowser_Launch.xpy
O9 - Extra button: AT&T Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://symantec.atgnow.com/sdccommon/download/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {01118F00-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (SupportSoft RemoteControl Class) - http://symantec.atgnow.com/sdccommon/download/ssrc.cab
O16 - DPF: {01119400-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (SupportSoft Listener Control) - http://symantec.atgnow.com/sdccommon/download/sprtctlln.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/f…tup1.0.0.15.cab
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/SSC/SharedCon…bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D9FB-FA6BAD98FA7D} (Search-O-Matic) - http://www.search-o-matic2000.com/mygeek.cab
O16 - DPF: {4EC8E993-32C1-47F5-A07A-5B0574655AD4} (WXcom Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…ntr_current.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {BAC01377-73DD-4796-854D-2A8997E3D68A} (Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…ropper1_7us.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCBC9371-595D-11D4-A96D-00105A1CEF6C} (View22RTE Class) - http://onlinedesigner.hgtvpro.com/images/app/view22rte.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
I solved my own problem, thanks anyways. I picked the registry as I don't like to do, but was able to remove the "MSW" keys and entries this way. I also noticed that the new version of "ATT Yahoo" software issued by ATT is a serious resource HOG. Especially when you really don't even need to run their browser/software to connect to the Internet. For those of you who use Yahoo software I would suggest sticking to whatever original version you started out with… Remember, you can always update your browser some other way from the creeator of you browser software, not through third party builds….
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

There are items that were showing in your log besides what you fixed that need to be removed.

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Please use the [external image: Posted Image] Button below to reply. Thanks
I want to say thanks for your reply LD….. I know you guys /gals have alot of logs and threads to chew away at on this forum. This computer belongs to a friend of mine and after she paid Hp a slew of money they still didn't fix anything and this is how it ended up in my lap.. Then she turned around and asked her internet provider to help since that was mostly her problem when browsing the internet and sometimes the computer hangs… They couldn't help and also pushed a copy of their new browsing software package (ATT Yahoo, etc..) and she states that is when her problem started. I told her however that it was more than that. After reviewing the Hijack this log and booting the box for the first time, I knew that there was more going on than that. Sometimes it would hang once everything finished loading to the desktop and not allow you to work at all…….I did pick the registry for certain things that I was not able to UnInstall. It seems that MyWebSearch and that Search -O -Matic ran a "RunOnce" statement after installing and it deleted the UnInstall log. Therefore any attempts to UnInstall would always fail and I guess she was stuck with that software/slyware carp** in her sys processes running and chewing system resources. In addition to that, I noticed 2 AV progs running(UnInstalled one), the O10 statements for New.net were also removed. The Nview entry for this machine was never needed. Dont understand why she installed Nview when the computer runs on an Onboard Intel based graphics chipset running Intel drivers. I unInstalled All AT&T Yahoo services and waited until the box seemed to boot fine and reinstalled that garbage for her and it seemed to run fine except for that yahoo music chews alot of memory when running. So, after it seemed to run fine I went ahead and scanned again and also did a virus scan and it was running good so I returned it to her. I didnt save the final log file. I do appr. you reply and if there was something that you saw that I missed, please kindly reply back and let me know. Im sure I might have missed something. Two sets of eyes are always better than one.. I do check these from time to time and enjoy seeing the posts to see if Ive come across any problems like the ones posted and what I did to clean them. I work @ IBM but I do Networking (Routers/Firewalls/Switches etc..) type work and everyone seems to bring me there problem machines because no one else can fix them. So, I googled that one Error loading statement and found your forums here. I will be checking these pages out from time to time looking at problems as I do on the Cisco Professional connect web site. Again, let me know if there was anything else that you saw that I missed that I haven't already annotated up above in this reply…. Thanks in advance ….L8trz … |The|Warlock|
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI