O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
I regularly use HJT to dicover whats going on under the covers, so to speak, and I've had this BHO present in the HJT log for some time. It disappears every time I check the box after scanning but reappears at every new start up.
I've traced it in the Registry (to HKLM_SOFTWARE_Microsoft_Windows_CurrentVersion_Explorer_Browser Helper Object) and deleted it there as well but it keeps returning at start up.
My question is this. Is this malware or is it part of a program that runs on a regular basis but doesn't identify itself ?
For the record I'm running XP Pro SP2 with IE6 and Firefox.
Thanks
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.