This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Shutting Down

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,
I'm not having the best of luck for a while now… was trying to learn to help you guys out, but then my husband decided his drugs were more important than his family…. leaving me with more to do myself, then my house burnt down… leaving me scrambling for more time, now I get a stupid problem with my new computer and I really don't have time for this…. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this one…

Thank you in advance for all help.
DMC… now dmeangel…
:wavey:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:09:09 PM, on 04/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe
C:\WINDOWS\winstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\{246B8396-0BC2-1033-1215-050509190002}\Update.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\WNSXS~1\rundll.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.BIN
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Altnet\DOWNLO~1\asm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\?racle\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Downloads\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.sympatico.ca
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {9F93FA2D-34C5-386E-BD5D-3976103A5691} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lqbuw.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Need2Find Bar BHO - {4D1C4E81-A32A-416b-BCDB-33B3EF3617D3} - C:\Program Files\Need2Find\bar\1.bin\ND2FNBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: InstaFinder_K - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-90F0-F66AB581A933} - C:\PROGRA~1\INSTAF~1\INSTAF~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: RXResultTracker Class - {59879FA4-4790-461c-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483} - C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\sfcont.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9F93FA2D-34C5-386E-BD5D-3976103A5691} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lqbuw.dll
O3 - Toolbar: RX Toolbar - {25D8BACF-3DE2-4B48-AE22-D659B8D835B0} - C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\RXToolBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop3trap.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\system32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\Kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [explorer] C:\WINDOWS\winstall.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_8
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Oaas] "C:\WINDOWS\WNSXS~1\rundll.exe" -vt yazb
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Cyka] C:\WINDOWS\system32\?racle\rundll32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [DeleteDLL] cmd.exe /c del C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\{346B8~1\888Bar.dll > nul
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NetAssistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://kl.bar.need2find.com/KL/menusearch.html?p=KL
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite… - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -
O16 - DPF: {20048BB3-DB68-11CF-9CAF-00AA006CB425} (007installer Control) - http://www.bardownload.com/prompt/cabs/lyrics.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS…er.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://lilangelprayin.spaces.msn.com//Phot…ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1137443413434
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1146867335284
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {E055C02E-6258-40FF-80A7-3BDA52FACAD7} (Installer Class) - http://activex.matcash.com/speedtest2.dll
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter: text/html - {2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647} - C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\sfcont.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: PC-cillin PersonalFirewall (PCCPFW) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe
Ok, sorry, thought maybe I should give a little more detail about what is happening. My daughter was chatting on MSN and she called me said she opened a file from a friend and it was a virus (some friend)… she tried to remove the file, but ever since, we have been having problems with the computer shutting down. When it comes back up, it has an error message about being too hot. What I find interesting is we can seem to work for hours on it sometimes, and other times, it will shut down within 5 minutes… The shutdown seems to happen pretty consistantly if we try to do a Spybot scan on it. I have just recently went in and changed my settings in System Properties to uncheck the item Automatically restart on System failure I know this would be a great exercise for me to muddle thru and learn with, but to be honest, I really don't have the time for it now… Too many people pulling too many ways and all has to be done before the end of the year. (Maybe I'll blow up with my computer on New Years..) When I am done here, I'm going to try to run an Ad Aware scan… Will reply again with results OK, did that and it crashed again on me… Thank you, DMEAngel
hi dmcangel,

i see some stuff in the log that needs to go. first look in add/remove programs panel and uninstall if present:
Need2Find
InstaFinder
Rxtoolbar
or anything called toolbar
———————————————————–
if you uninstall anything reboot once then do this: if nothing to uninstall just contine:

scan with HJT, put a checkmark beside the items below, close all windows and click fix checked.

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {9F93FA2D-34C5-386E-BD5D-3976103A5691} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lqbuw.dll

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Need2Find Bar BHO - {4D1C4E81-A32A-416b-BCDB-33B3EF3617D3} - C:\Program Files\Need2Find\bar\1.bin\ND2FNBAR.DLL

O2 - BHO: InstaFinder_K - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-90F0-F66AB581A933} - C:\PROGRA~1\INSTAF~1\INSTAF~1.DLL

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9F93FA2D-34C5-386E-BD5D-3976103A5691} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lqbuw.dll

O2 - BHO: RXResultTracker Class - {59879FA4-4790-461c-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483} - C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\sfcont.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [explorer] C:\WINDOWS\winstall.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Oaas] "C:\WINDOWS\WNSXS~1\rundll.exe" -vt yazb
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Cyka] C:\WINDOWS\system32\?racle\rundll32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [DeleteDLL] cmd.exe /c del C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\{346B8~1\888Bar.dll > nul
—————————————————————-
please download, update and scan with the free version of superantispyware:
http://www.superantispyware.com/

after the above, rescan and post a new hjt log.

shelf life
Hi Shelf Life, Thank you very much for the help, Unfortunately, my daughter was trying to do homework on the computer all night last night, and I didn't get there to even look for a response, and now I'm at work. I'm not going to be able to get to it till late tonight. I will do as you requested and repost when I'm done. I hope you can be patient with me, time is not on my side these days. Again, thank you for your help… Talk to you soon. DMEAngel
Hi Shelf Life, Thank you very much for the help, Unfortunately, my daughter was trying to do homework on the computer all night last night, and I didn't get there to even look for a response, and now I'm at work. I'm not going to be able to get to it till late tonight. I will do as you requested and repost when I'm done. I hope you can be patient with me, time is not on my side these days. Again, thank you for your help… Talk to you soon. DMEAngel
Hello,
As I suspected, I have completed all the instructions except running a scan with the free version of superantispyware. I downloaded and updated successfully, but when I tried to do a scan, it got to about 561 Memory items and about 5000 Registry items and shutdown my computer.

I got back on my computer and it automatically started up again and I said yes to check for updates and it immediately shutdown my computer again.
So I came back on and decided to turn it off and run a Hijack This the log is below.


Any other suggestions?

Thank you
DMEAngel


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:13:11 AM, on 07/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.BIN
C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Downloads\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D15B57E8-9701-CAA2-7A44-98ECD9E6159B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vlvqrhew.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D15B57E8-9701-CAA2-7A44-98ECD9E6159B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vlvqrhew.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop3trap.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\Kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_8
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NetAssistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://kl.bar.need2find.com/KL/menusearch.html?p=KL
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite… - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} -
O16 - DPF: {20048BB3-DB68-11CF-9CAF-00AA006CB425} - http://www.bardownload.com/prompt/cabs/lyrics.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS…er.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://lilangelprayin.spaces.msn.com//Phot…ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1137443413434
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1146867335284
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {E055C02E-6258-40FF-80A7-3BDA52FACAD7} - http://activex.matcash.com/speedtest2.dll
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter: text/html - {2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: PC-cillin PersonalFirewall (PCCPFW) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe
hi dmcangel, the log looks alot better. try this: update spybot search and destroy if its not up to date then: restart your computer in SAFE MODE. to reach safe mode you would tap the f8 key during a computer restart, chose the first option safe mode. once in safe mode run superantispyware and spybot search and destroy. afterwards reboot computer normally and try running superantispyware in normal mode, if it wont run ok in safe mode or normal mode we will uninstall it and get something else. shelf life
Hi, That didn't work, when I try to log in in safe mode, I don't even get to the Superantispyware program before the computer shuts down. In order to send this message, I had to reboot in normal mode and turn superantispyware off as soon as it came up. I beleive as long as I don't try to run superantispyware or spybot or adaware (programs I have tried so far) I can work away for quite a while before it shuts down. Should I uninstall superantispyware? Or do you think there is another way to get it to run? Thank you for your dedication to my problem. DMEAngel
hi dmcangel, uninstall superantispyware via the add/remove programs panel. rescan and post a new hjt log. can you run spybot or ad aware or your antivirus in safe mode? you have anymore details about that error msg you got: "being to hot". that last log looks ok. shelf life
Hello again,
Sorry for the delayed response, I was away for the weekend, and had to work again today. Last night tried again to get a run with superantispyware but was unsuccessful.

I have just deleted it thru Add/Remove Programs. Since I have put that on, during startup, I have been stopping both it and PC-cillin. I figured they probably would fight with each other. However, when I wanted to run the superantispyware, I would just run it manually. PC-cillin is still on the computer, however it is not a current version. Would like to take it off and replace with a reputable anti-virus software (preferably free for now)… however, as you will see from my log, I still have it on my machine.

No I can't run anything in Safe Mode… the computer seems to shut down before I get anything up and running when I boot into safe mode…. When I boot into normal mode, I seem to be ok until I try to repair anything. ie ) run adaware, spybot, superantispyware.

As for the Heat problem… that is a warning when it boots up after it has unexpectedly shut down. Upon boot up it gives me an error something like it shut down because it over heated…. Press f1 to continue. We press F1 and it will boot up. I contemplated that it may be really over heating, however I seem to be able (sometimes) work for hours on it after it has crashed… rebooted… showed error… pressed F1 and then worked on anything but the virus problem… ie) Open Office spreadsheets and it doesn't crash…. as soon as I try to run a clean up program, I may go 10 - 20 minutes, but the program (whichever one I try) crashes the computer before it completes.

During my attempts at running these programs, I have stopped them in the middle of the scanning, and it has found some stuff…. I then continue and it seems to clear up what it has found, but it will not allow it to complete a scan.


Hope this gives you a better idea of what I'm looking at.

Thank you again for your help and continued support.

dme_angel

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:55:51 PM, on 11/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.BIN
C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Downloads\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D15B57E8-9701-CAA2-7A44-98ECD9E6159B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vlvqrhew.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D15B57E8-9701-CAA2-7A44-98ECD9E6159B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vlvqrhew.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop3trap.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\Kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_8
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NetAssistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://kl.bar.need2find.com/KL/menusearch.html?p=KL
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite… - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} -
O16 - DPF: {20048BB3-DB68-11CF-9CAF-00AA006CB425} - http://www.bardownload.com/prompt/cabs/lyrics.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS…er.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://lilangelprayin.spaces.msn.com//Phot…ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1137443413434
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1146867335284
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {E055C02E-6258-40FF-80A7-3BDA52FACAD7} - http://activex.matcash.com/speedtest2.dll
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter: text/html - {2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: PC-cillin PersonalFirewall (PCCPFW) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe
hi dmcangel,

as far as malware goes the log is looking much better. i dont really think the shutting down has or even had anything to do with the malware on your computer.
you should visit the computer makers website and look around the support/troubleshooting sections. most commercial computer makers have loads of info on there website, you already have some clues do to that heat message your getting.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
—————————————–
you can get a free antivirus (AVG free version). First uninstall PC-cillin, reboot computer then make your first stop at the avg web site.download install and update AVG free edtiton

AVG free:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
——————————————
scan with HJT, put a checkmark beside the items below, close all windows and click fix checked.

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D15B57E8-9701-CAA2-7A44-98ECD9E6159B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vlvqrhew.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} -

O16 - DPF: {20048BB3-DB68-11CF-9CAF-00AA006CB425} - http://www.bardownload.com/prompt/cabs/lyrics.cab

shelf life
Hello again,

Thank you for the free Anti virus information.

At the risk of sounding unappreciative (please know I appreciate all your expertise) but I have a hard time beleiving that my problem is really heat… the error says something like CPU Over tempurature Error…


However, I have been doing my insurance work on this computer since about 7:00…. it was 10:15 when I got the to the uninstall of PC-cillin… I rebooted as requested… It came up without the error… downloaded and installed and updated the AVG but did not let it do a scan (fear of loosing ability to finish other work) and rebooted again… It is now only 10:30 and I got the heat error that time.

Does it still make sense that it would be a hardware issue? This seemed to have started after my daughter said she got a virus… however I must admit, I was not recently being diligent about running adaware or spybot so I may have had the problem for a while, but I never got the temperature Error before.


You didn't request another report but just in case you would like to see it, here it is after all requests completed.

Thank you… I am very greatful for the help with my scans.
DME:-)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:25:40 PM, on 11/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.BIN
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Downloads\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D15B57E8-9701-CAA2-7A44-98ECD9E6159B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vlvqrhew.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\NETASS~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\Kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_8
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NetAssistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\NetAssistant\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://kl.bar.need2find.com/KL/menusearch.html?p=KL
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite… - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS…er.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://lilangelprayin.spaces.msn.com//Phot…ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1137443413434
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1146867335284
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {E055C02E-6258-40FF-80A7-3BDA52FACAD7} - http://activex.matcash.com/speedtest2.dll
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter: text/html - {2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
Just an update to the above… I worked on the computer with spreadsheets last night until midnight… Then at midnight (approx) I started a AVG Computer Scan… It ran for just over an hour ( found 2 things) C:\Windows mcnew.exe and c:\windows\mt-unistaller.exe Continued… but then crashed…. (I went to bed)… This morning I got up at was on the computer by 7:00 am. I started a scan on the Windows directory… shortly after it found the 2 I stopped and it seemed to clean them off. then I started the scan again (on Windows Directory) and it didn't even last 10 minutes…. (that's after cooling down for hours) 20 minutes later, I started it up again… this was before 8:00 and turned off the scan… I have been not only working on spreadsheets for an hour, but have been listening to a CD as well. Still has not crashed. Do you still think the problem I have is not Virus related? I have a couple more hours work on my spread sheets and I have another CD to listen too. will probably do that without a problem, but them I will try running a AVG scan… I am assuming it will crash it again. If by some miracle it doesn't, I will repost and let you know what happened. Thank you…. DME_Angel :)
hi dmcangel,

thanks for all the info.

the error says something like CPU Over tempurature Error.


that may mean your cpu fan might be failing, not spinning at the correct rpm or running ok then slowing down causing the cpu to overheat. a fan/heatsink sits right on top of the cpu to help keep it cool.

image:
http://www.buildeasypc.com/hw/howto/instcpu.htm

it might be that running more cpu demanding applications causes it to overheat because the fan cant keep it cool enough. that might explain why it runs longer sometimes than others before you get the message. or it could be a faulty power supply. look at your computer case also, make sure fans are getting good airflow into/out of the case it self.


———————————————————————–
look in add/remove programs panel and uninstall Kazaa.
———————————————————————–

start HJT, click on "open misc tools section"
click "delete afile on reboot"

Copy and paste: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vlvqrhew.dll

into the file name field and press the 'open' button.
when prompted to restart the computer chose yes.
computer will reboot.

please rescan and post a new hjt log.

shelf life

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI