HockeyFighter
Topic Starter
Hello everyone …
I am a computer novice. Have run into a problem that needs expert help.
Last night, when turning on my laptop, I got a dialog box that says that the computer cannot find a "vmmdiag32.exe" file.
It took forever for the computer to "get going". I tried to make my usual connection thru Yahoo SBC DSL. I never even got as far as being able to enter my password. I've made three attempts on my laptop, without any positive results.
I've had to resort to my wife's laptop from work (which probably has all of the virus protections that my laptop does not have) in order to access the internet.
From all of the posts and forums on your website, I understand that I need to download stuff like Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy and HijackThis.
But my dilemma is that I cannot even access the Internet from my laptop (ie the affected one)
1. What should I do next ?
2. How can I download all the goodies onto my laptop ?
3. How can I get around the slow startup of my laptop so that I can download the vitamins (or laxatives, as case may be) to clean my laptop of the bad stuff ?
Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea where to start.
Hockey Fighter