This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I got a bug

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good Job :thumbup:

Log looks good :D


You need to create a new Clean restore point.

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.



If you dont have any programs like these, I would recommend that you get them.
Spywareblaster,
Spywareguard.
IE Spyads
They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening.

Also get a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Did as instructed and I thought I was done but now I noticed that both Internet and Windows Explore will not open. Everything else seems to be working fine. Bob
Lets try this:


Doubleclick combo.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished, it should produce a log, combofix.txt.
Post this log in your next reply
Delete the one you have and download it again

* Download Combofix to your desktop.
Doubleclick combo.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished, it should produce a log, combofix.txt.
Download next tool to a place where you'll find it easily:

http://djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix-2006-09-19.exe

Doubleclick Dial-a-fix-2006-09-19.exe to start the program.
Immediately a window will open with on top: "Dial-A-fix : Restrictive policies"
You'll see registry keys.
Check them all and click the remove button below.
Then click close. This should close the policies window.
Then click exit in the main window under it, because we don't need anything from there.

REBOOT your computer afterwards, important.

now see if HJT will work
I am about ready to throw this computer out the window. This program extracted but also will not run. Earlier in the day I tried to install the firewall that you recomended and that also would not run. I am going to go give out candy to the trick and treaters for awhile. Why in the world won't the progarms run?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI