Hello folks, new to your forum here. Well it seems as if I picked up that Vundo.Trojan. I've run McAfee, AdAWare, and Spybot S&D, and they all come back clean now, but there still seems to be something wrong, as my browsing is a tad slower than it was in thepast few days, and I also noticed something odd in my Hijack This log.
"O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\windows\system32\ddayxxu.dll"
Now I did a quick Google on "ddayxxu.dll", and I got -nothing- back on it, which seems odd to me. I figured if it was legitimate or not, I would have gotten SOMETHING back on it, but I get no results.
There's also this entry that I am not too sure what it is.
O16 - DPF: {D719897A-B07A-4C0C-AEA9-9B663A28DFCB} - "http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/detection/ITDetector.cab"
I wasn't sure if I should just cut and paste the whole log, or if I needed to attach the log itself or what. I'm also a tad hesitant to attach it, as I don't want to include any 'sensitive' data. But if need be, I shall post both my log and startup log file, as I would like someone experienced to tell me if my system is in okay shape. Thanks very much for your time. [/end of pasted post]
Now I have also discovered something else. Occasionally, I have something called "wmiprvse.exe" running, and it says it's a network service. Now I've read that it's a normal function of Windows and it's safe. BUT…I have ALSO read, and I quote…
"Normally, wmipvrse.exe is a valid windows/system32 file, and with SP1, it stays in the WDEM directory at about 199KB, and has the SP1 distribution date of 8/29/2002. But when you get the virus, you will find another file, of 38KB size in the Windows/Prefetch directory, with the same name, but a more recent date. Deleting that file and rebooting seems to fix the problem, the original MS file seems unharmed."
Well, I DO have one in my Preftech folder, with a date of 10/05/2006. Something else odd, I had deleted it and when it was in the Recyle Bin it was 88.0 KB. Not being sure if I SHOULD have deleted it, I restored it, and it's back in the Preftech folder, but now the size is 85.2 kb.
Also, while that IS running, (WMIPRVSE.EXE) my Yahoo! Messenger won't connect. I launch it and it SAYS it's running in Task Manager, but nothing happens. It doesn't even attempt to open. One last thing about this, I've read that it's simialr to 'svchost.exe', and is a critical function and ending it could adversely effect my system. Well when I kill it via the Task Manager, the only thing that seems to happen is I can once again connect on Yahoo!.
Well, I'll brave it and just go ahead and post my full log for you guys.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:24:22 PM, on 10/5/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\sony\giga pocket\usbsircs.exe
D:\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
D:\Logitech\SetPoint\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PackethSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mclogsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcusrmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall\persfw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\giga pocket\GPVSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msc\mcupdui.exe
D:\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - D:\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HTpatch] C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanUp] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Giga Pocket Remocon Driver.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk.disabled
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = D:\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - D:\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
O16 - DPF: ActiveGS.cab - http://www.virtualapple.com/activegs.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…t/c381/chat.cab
O16 - DPF: {02CF1781-EA91-4FA5-A200-646E8241987C} (VaioInfo.CMClass) - http://esupport.sony.com/support/pops/mdldetect/VaioInfo.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…nst_current.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…01/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {78AEEDE8-7345-4FB5-A8FE-4BFF16EF25FC} (McAfee Virtual Technician Control Class) - http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/bin/3,0,1,0/mvt.cab
O16 - DPF: {8714912E-380D-11D5-B8AA-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Upload Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yuplapp.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D4323BF2-006A-4440-A2F5-27E3E7AB25F8} (Virtools WebPlayer Class) - http://a532.g.akamai.net/f/532/6712/5m/vir…5/installer.exe
O16 - DPF: {D719897A-B07A-4C0C-AEA9-9B663A28DFCB} - http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d…/ITDetector.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\windows\system32\ddayxxu.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Log Manager (McLogManagerService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mclogsrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee User Manager (mcusrmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcusrmgr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Virtual NIC Service (PackethSvc) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PackethSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Kerio Personal Firewall (PersFw) - Kerio Technologies - C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall\persfw.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONYSH~1\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\sv_httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-HTTP /RegRoot="Software\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\MusicServer\HTTP (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-UPnP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (Application) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\giga pocket\GPVSvr.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer /DisplayName="VAIO Media Video Server (Application) (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Applications\VideoServer\HTTP (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-UPnP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
Here is my Startup List
StartupList report, 10/5/2006, 11:25:37 PM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
* Using default options
==================================================
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\sony\giga pocket\usbsircs.exe
D:\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
D:\Logitech\SetPoint\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PackethSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mclogsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcusrmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall\persfw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\giga pocket\GPVSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msc\mcupdui.exe
D:\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
————————————————–
Listing of startup folders:
Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = ?
Giga Pocket Remocon Driver.lnk = ?
Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk.disabled
Logitech SetPoint.lnk = D:\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe
————————————————–
Checking Windows NT UserInit:
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
————————————————–
Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ezShieldProtector for Px = C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
UpdReg = C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
HPDJ Taskbar Utility = C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
HTpatch = C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exe
NvCplDaemon = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
nwiz = nwiz.exe /install
NvMediaCenter = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer = KHALMNPR.EXE
VSOCheckTask = "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
VirusScan Online = C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
OASClnt = C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
CleanUp = C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup
————————————————–
Load/Run keys from C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:
load=*INI section not found*
run=*INI section not found*
Load/Run keys from Registry:
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=c:\windows\system32\ddayxxu.dll
————————————————–
Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:
Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*
Shell & screensaver key from Registry:
Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*Registry value not found*
drivers=*Registry value not found*
Policies Shell key:
HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
————————————————–
Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:
McDefragTask.job
McQcTask.job
Registration reminder 2.job
————————————————–
Enumerating Download Program Files:
[ActiveGS.cab]
CODEBASE = http://www.virtualapple.com/activegs.cab
OSD = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\OSDA56.OSD
[{0000000A-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}]
CODEBASE = http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/4…0367/wmavax.CAB
[QuickTime Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTPlugin.ocx
CODEBASE = http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
[VaioInfo.CMClass]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\VaioInfo.dll
CODEBASE = http://esupport.sony.com/support/pops/mdldetect/VaioInfo.CAB
[Shockwave ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Director\SwDir.dll
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shock…director/sw.cab
[Yahoo! Audio Conferencing]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\yacscom.dll
CODEBASE = http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
[YInstStarter Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\yinsthelper.dll
CODEBASE = http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…nst_current.cab
[{33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}]
CODEBASE = http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6…922/wmv9VCM.CAB
[McAfee.com Operating System Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcinsctl.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…01/mcinsctl.cab
[McAfee Virtual Technician Control Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\MVT.dll
CODEBASE = http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/bin/3,0,1,0/mvt.cab
[Yahoo! Webcam Upload Wrapper]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\yuplapp.dll
CODEBASE = http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yuplapp.cab
[DwnldGroupMgr Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcgdmgr.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,26/mcgdmgr.cab
[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8b.ocx
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shock…ash/swflash.cab
[Virtools WebPlayer Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Virtools Web Player 3.5\WebPlayer.ocx
CODEBASE = http://a532.g.akamai.net/f/532/6712/5m/vir…5/installer.exe
[{D719897A-B07A-4C0C-AEA9-9B663A28DFCB}]
CODEBASE = http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d…/ITDetector.cab
[CTAdjust Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\clearadjust.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E…04/clearadj.cab
————————————————–
Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:
PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll
————————————————–
End of report, 8,661 bytes
Report generated in 0.047 seconds
Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only
Now I ran a startup log earlier, and it reported this was in it.
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe"
But it doesn't seem to be there now. Which as I understand it, "wuauclt.exe" has to do with Windows Updates, but I have them disabled, so why it EVER runs is beyond me.
Well, I think I covered it all, thanks a lot for your time in reading this ungodly-long post.