Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

My Mozilla Firefox is not working

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:42 PM

About your uninstallation problem...

I have/use Firefox.

In this folder:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall

I have an "uninstall.exe", which says under it "Uninstall Mozilla.org".

I presume that would be the Firefox uninstall program.

BEFORE RUNNING IT, PLEASE WAIT FOR A "SECOND OPINON" FROM SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 gorilita

gorilita

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

Thank you Micah. I will do all of that later and let you know how was it!
About Mozilla: I will wait for bizarrebob for the second opinion.
Regards...

#18 gorilita

gorilita

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:27 AM

Hello! I unistalled Mozilla the way Micah told me because I couldn't find the unistall in the Control Panel. Ok. It unistalled Mozilla, I downloaded it again and reinstaled it. Surprise! Seems like Mozilla retains the former configuration because I still had my extensions, my bookmarks, everything the same! AND the problem still persists. What now?? Thanks..

#19 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

Hi Gorilita,

I have been staying out of this thread because you indicated that you were waiting for Bizarrebob to reply.
I see he hasn't been online since Oct 2nd 4:42pm and probably would not know that you are waiting on him.

Since you are still having difficulty, I've decided to reply.
First a note: My own direct experience with FireFox, has been entirely favorable. I've even been able to use Add/Remove to uninstall older versions, prior to installing update versions. So I was initially dismayed to find that you were having problems with it. I, too, have been eagerly anticipating the response you were awaiting, in hopes of a "magic-bullet" type answer. When I realized that you might be having more difficulty uninstalling Mozilla/FireFox I set in motion a series of searches and inquiries at various online resources.

My search has found that many others have had difficulty, similar to your own. Further, I've found that there are few resources to turn to in this matter. Finally, I've found that the few resources, have ultimately lead to successful uninstall/reinstall.

As a first step in trying to assist you, I will post the URL's to the resources where successful assistance was obtained by others. Please read them thoroughly. We will then have a common basis to proceed, and I will make myself available to assist with any steps that may be challenging to you.

Here's the resources:

http://www.tweakguid.../Firefox_3.html
http://www.mozilla.o...ort/firefox/faq
http://kb.mozillazin...refox_uninstall

I am hopeful that this will give you a place to start, and look forward to any of your additional questions.

Best Regards,
Doug
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#20 gorilita

gorilita

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:08 PM

Thank you dough. I will start reading and get back to you. Regards!

#21 gorilita

gorilita

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

DOUGH: THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I used all the information from http://www.tweakguid.../Firefox_3.html, I unistalled everything, re-installed and now my Mozilla is back!!!
This problem was frustating me!
Again, thank you!!!

Ps. Thanks to Micah, bizzarebob, Jeremy... for trying to help too!

Edited by gorilita, 05 October 2006 - 08:49 PM.

#22 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:10 AM

Good Work! :thumbup: And thanks for posting back with what resource worked for you. That's how we all learn. Best Regards
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#23 gorilita

gorilita

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:30 AM

I guess I will see you again.. when things get messed up!! Have a nice weekend!