hello everyone,
Lately I've been having problems with my local network connections. Every time I try to connect to a computer on my network my computer reboots with a blue screen. ( by the way I'm french so I don't really know all the technical terms for computers) when I check the winXP event log it says save dump and taht code "0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x862e69a0, 0x862e72d8, 0xdf27acca" and talks about "error verification". My computer also reboots when I try to connect with remote desktop connection.
I have a asus motherboard P5AD2 deluxe with the original wifi hardware. I have a modem/router on which a screenless old PIII is connected via ethernet cable. My main comp is connected with original wifi.
I'm not sure if I need to send more info, if so tell me =)
thank u for your help
Nico
I want to know if your "main comp" is connected to the old PIII via "MS Internet Connection Sharing"
If not,………
is it connected directly to the modem, such that both the Old and the Main computer's are connected directly to a Router (Old by CAT5 wire, Main by wifi (USB ?)
If not,……..
is the Main machine connected Wirelessly?
Has the Connection as you presently have it set up "ever" worked?
If it has worked before, and stopped working without you making any changes, then do the following…
On the Main Computer
Go to
Start - Run - (type)ip /release - enter
Start - Run - (type)ip /renew - enter
If the above doesn't help, then the next step would be to uninstall and then re-install your Router Software.
Can the Main Computer access the internet when connected directly to the Modem?
I'll watch for your replies and hopefully for your progress with this matter.
It is "possible" that there are Critical Updates from MS DWindows Updates, that will help resolve this problem.
hey dough =),
first of all, thanks for your reply, it is great having people around who are willing to share their knowledge with newbies.
ok for the info: I have a router/modem it is the inventel livebox from my internet provider, no driver was required, just entering the access code on the router to use my internet provider service. My main computer is connected to it via wifi (P5AD2 deluxe motherboard integrated wifi) and my small comp is connected to the router via ethernet. So both comps are connected to router and that's how they communicate with one another.I have no problem accessing the internet on both the comps. The problem is accessing the files on the small computer. Every time I connect to the shared folder, I get the blue screen. plus, I get the blue screen when I connect via the remote desktop tool. I've managed to make it work but it was a long time ago, I can't remember installing anything new that could have made the system unstable (hardwarewise that is).
So basically I don't think renewing the ip adress will do any good. I think it could be a wifi driver problem, but I'm not sure.
thanks again for your time Dough =)
Nico
A first thing to check is "File and Print Sharing"
In Control Panel, scroll to Network Connections
Double-click on your Lan or high-speed Internet conntection (the one that indicates "Status- Connected")
You may have two items listed with "Status - Connected"
1394 Connection
and Local Area Connection
Click on properties of each "Connected item"
In each instance you will see a list Titled"
"The conection uses the following items:
in each instance, the item "File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks needs to have a Checkmark to select it.
When you checkmark that item and then press OK and then close, you may be asked to reboot. That's fine.
Please let us know if/when those items are checkmarked and whether or not that has "fixed" you problem with file sharing between the machines.
Best Regards
You may benefit from running Network Configuration Wizard which you can find on your XP installation CD
Insert the XP installation CD
click Perform Additional Tasks, and then click the option to Set up a home or small office network
Since your machines already have good connection to the Internet you can go directly to the "print and file sharing" portion of the Wizard.
Also in Folder Options you must have a CheckMark in front of "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)
Check this item by clicking on My Computer - Tools - Folder Options - Scroll down and make sure that "Use simple file sharing (Recommended) has a checkmark.
Please make the following adjustment in your system:
- click on the Start button.
- right click on the My Computer item in the Start Menu.
- select the Properties item from the Context Menu that scrolls out.
- click on the Advanced tab.
- click the button for Settings under Startup and Recovery.
- click to remove the check mark next to Automatic Restart.
- click OK.
By doing this, you will get a Blue Screen, instead of an Automatic Restart if an error has occurred.
Please post the entire Error Message, so we can get a better look at what may be happening.
Yes, the Event Log entry that you posted was helpful.
If you were to complete the procedure of disabling auto-restart as I posted above, only the "current" error would be displayed on the Blue Screen. You could then relate specifically that error message.
Your problem "may" be related to a rather burdensome MS utility called Indexing Service.
You can disable Indexing without any harmful effect, and re-enable it later if you experience no improvement and you wish to resume "indexing" (though I really don't know why you would._
Start - Run - (type)services.msc - Enter.
Scroll down to find "Indexing Service".
Right-click - Select Stop - Set it to = Disabled.
I know this won't hurt, and I hope it may help.
Doug
well, it didn't work out,
I got that blue screen and realized I didn't have to translate antyhing =) so here u go:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_MOPAGED_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050 ( 0x8F268C26, 0x00000000, Ox8056537F, 0x00000000)
and then the event log :
it said that the browser couldn' find the server list on the "master browser?" on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{03594DC7-B7F5-4FF1-B62C-46D22FCA2C5D}. Sorry for translation, the text is already a very bad translation of the original english text.
then MRxSmb error number 8003, impossible to translate that though…
I hope this can help u to help me…
tx again
Nico
Yes your posted error code gave me a line to follow up on.
The Error Code reported in your post suggests a possible Security/Malware difficulty.
There is not enough information to "conclude" that your machine has an infection, but if it is, you need prompt attention to stop and remove this item.
Create a new folder on your C:\ drive, like the following
C:\HJT Folder\
Download HJT.exe into your newly created folder so it looks like this C:\HJT Folder\HJT.exe
from here: http://www.radiosplace.com
Double-Click on HJT.exe to open HighJackThis!
Click on "Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile"
HJT will begin scanning your machine, and then a Notepad copy of the resulting Logfile.
Use your mouse to highlight the Entire contents of the Logfile contained in Notepad.
Press Ctrl-C to Copy (DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES WITH HJT WITHOUT RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS FROM AN ADVISOR)
Go to our HJT Forum, here:
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
Click on NEW TOPIC and Paste (Ctrl-V) the Logfile you Copied from the HJT Notepad above.
Open My Computer
In Tools - Folder Options - View(tab)
Place a Checkmark in front of "Show hidden files and folders"
Remove any Checkmark from in front of "hide extensions to known files types
Remove any Checkmark from in front of "Hide protected operating system files(Recommended)"
Click Apply (bottom right-hand corner)
Click Apply to All Folders (Button at the top)
Click OK to exit Folder Options
Now your file system is Set to display all files and Folders.
(when we finish this procedure, it is recommended to your return the above settings to their prior state)
_____________
Now open Internet Explorer (your IE browser)
in the Address bar (type)C:\WINDOWS\system32, and then press ENTER or Go
You will see Quite a few "Folders". Scroll down pass them until you begin seeing "Files"
Please Scroll through the list looking for: Msupd.exe Msupd4.exe Msupd5.exe Reloadmedude.exe
Do not "click" on or make any changes to any of these files if found.
Include the information of which files were found into your next reply.
You may not find all of the files, or even any. That would be OK.
Please report finding or not finding the files in your next reply in this same thread in "other computer problems".
hi dough =)
Ok so I did what u said but I didn't find anything, I have AD aware that I update and run weekly plus an anti virus and microsft's malware remover. I will post my HJT scan on the link u posted.
tx again for your help man ^^.
Nico
That's good.
Run your HJT Scan and Save a Logfile, to post in HJT Forum.
Then go back into My Computer and ReSet the options to Hide system system files (reverse of what you did above)
At this point I'd like to wait until we can get an Expert to look at the HJT.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI