Hi fuentejps,
We're going to need more information from you, in order to be of any help.
Here's what you've told us so far:
so i did a new hard drive. my dellema is i cant get the driver for my audio., i cant find my system disk. its an hp computer. any ideas.
What Operating System are you running? (For example, WinXP, Win2000, Win98)
Specifically which HP Computer do you have?
For example:
HP Presario DeskTop SR1930Z
HP Pavillion DeskTop s7500
HP Laptop Pavillion, or Presario series
Be "specific", including Model Number.
What does (so i did a new hard drive) mean?
for example:
- Original Hard Drive is still in place as primary and I added an additional hard drive.
- I removed the original Hard Drive and replaced it with a new one.
- What prompted you to get a new hard drive in the first place? Needed more room, infected with malware,etc.
How did you get your machine to run at all, if you (can't find my system disk)
for example:
- I used Norton Ghost (or some other iso image utility) to create an iso image and loaded that on the new Hard Drive
- I used the utility from the new hard drive manufacture to "migrate" all my stuff onto the new Hard Drive.
Are you getting any sounds at all?
for example:
I hear the Windows sounds at startup and shut down, but I can't hear sound when I play MP3, WAV, MIDI
Do you have a "Volume" icon in your toolbar tray at the bottom right hand corner of your Desktop?
If you do, click on it to make sure it is not set to "Mute", and/or adjust the volume to 50% or higher.
Are your Speakers Plugged in? Check to make sure you plugged them into the correct hole.
Are your Speakers plugged into the A/C power.
Are your Speakers turned on (little volume on/off knob on one speaker) so that the little green light is on?
Is your Sound "onboard" or do you have a Sound Card?
Do you know what Sound Card you have?
I LOOKED IN DEVICE MANAGER, NO X'S OR EXCLAMATION POINTS UNDER SOUND DEVICES
Please tell us what "is" listed there.
Please keep us posted with your progress.
Best Regards