This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

help with hijack

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Right, we did that before…and I didn't see that file there. I don't see it there now. I don't know if this file is in operation (coming on upon booting up) but, I know it's on my computer because I see it in the GeoVid folder. What I don't understand is why it didn't delete upon the last reboot and I don't understand why I'm unable to uninstall this GeoVid software. I've had lots of different software installed and uninstalled on this computer, but I've never encountered so much trouble simply trying to unstall a program. It's disturbing, frustrating and time consuming. And, now I"m starting to wonder that I'm just stuck with this crappy GeoVid software until I'm able to physically take my computer to a specialist. I appreciat your help and at the same time, it's starting to look like we've just about run out of options
I followed your instructions and upon clicking on the desktop shortcut icon for the GeoVid software entitled Presentaion To Video I received the following two error messages (first error message) Error Starting Program The CONVERTER.DLL file is linked to missing export SHELL32.3LL:SHGetFolderPathW. (second error message) C:\Program Files\GeoVid\Presentation To Video Converter\presentiontovideoconverter.exe A device attached to the system is not functioning. I then tried to unistall the software and it did what it's always done…it freezes up and I have to press control alt delete to break free while the software remains on the add/remove program registry.
Well, that seems to be the first impression…however, if it didn't install…why does it show on the add/remove registry? I think it's installed but when it's started up something goes crazy. And if I try to unistall it, something goes crazy.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI