This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

help with hijack

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Right, Command Prompt (listed as option #5). I tried that and I typed in deltreeC:\ProgramFiles\GeoVid and it told me that it was a Bad Command. And what were you saying earlier…clarify the Safe Mode/Command Promt thing.
Right, so I did that and now it just creates another C:\ I type it in again and it creates another C:\ …so forth and so on

Right, so I did that and now it just creates another C:\

I type it in again and it creates another C:\

…so forth and so on

If you typed in:

C:\deltree C:\Program Files\GeoVid
It should ask if you want to delete GeoVid
Did it ask?

Then it will go back to C:\ after it deleted GeoVid
I typed in C:\deltree C:\Program Files\GeoVid and I clicked enter. Then it went back to C:\ and I didn't see anything about being asked if I wanted to delete.

I typed in C:\deltree C:\Program Files\GeoVid and I clicked enter. Then it went back to C:\ and I didn't see anything about being asked if I wanted to delete.

OK. From the C:> type this:
CD\Program Files\GeoVid
tap enter
What happens?
Do you mean just type in cd/program files (in lowercase letters without the GeoVid) or do you mean tthat I should change the slant from \ to / or do you mean that I should type in the entire original command in lower case?
I typed in dir and I didn't see anything about program files listed. There was lots of stuff there, but nothing about program files. However when my computer starts normally and I click on my computer then click on program files In the path bar it's listed as Program Files

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI