This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

help with hijack

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Yep, I just tried to remove that software in safe mode and then I tried again in regular mode and nothin' doin' …it don't wanna go. And actually, I contacted tech support of the software (GeoVid) and they had no answers for me. So, not sure what to do…but I'm glad all those other problems have been solved.
Yep, that's what I have to do in order to get break free from the freeze. When it freezes up, I do ctrl/alt/delete and I select the program and end task and it breaks free…but the software still remains.
click Start> Run> type in Msconfig tap enter key. look in the Startup. Uncheck that file Give me the location and name of that file.
I followed your instructions and I didn't see that file listed under the Msconfig application. In any case here is the path: C:\Program Files\GeoVid\Presentation To Video Converter\presentationtovideoconverter.exe
Close all windows and browsers.
Open HijackThis

Click on Open Misc Tools
Click on Delete a File On Reboot
Click once on the file below to select it:
C:\Program Files\GeoVid\Presentation To Video Converter\presentationtovideoconverter.exe

Click on the Back button to exit Process Manager



Reboot and see if that file is gone.
If it's gone, then delete the folder: C:\Program Files\GeoVid
Okay…I did all that…and I still see the software. Just for good measure I tried to uninstall witht he add remove feature and it froze again during the process. And now, when my computer starts up, just as the background wallpaper image is loading I'm getting this strange glich/flash on my screen as if something is trying to come through but can't. It only last about 1/10 th of a second, but it's definitely noticable…and then my computer seems to act normal.
…oh, and …when that strange flah/glich thing happens…I hear a click…the clicking sound as if I've clicked something…it 'clicks' by itself.
Yes, that file is gone. However, there is another file that seems to be an exe. file that's still there. It's called PresentationToVideoConverter.exe.manifest
Do the same thing, just change the file name

Close all windows and browsers.
Open HijackThis

Click on Open Misc Tools
Click on Delete a File On Reboot
Click once on the file below to select it:
FULL PATH FILE NAME

Click on the Back button to exit Process Manager



Reboot and see if that file is gone.
Restart your computer in Safe Mode.

Press the F8 key until the startup menu appears.

Choose the Command Prompt Only. option then press Enter.

At the C: (type in) deltree C:\Program Files\GeoVid

It should look like this:
C:\deltree C:\Program Files\GeoVid
So, I restarted in Safe Mode…however, in safe mode I wasn't allowed to go to the command prompt menu only. It's either Command Prompt or Safe Mode. My computer won't allow me to do both at the same time. Also, If I start in safe mode then restart it automatically kicks out of safe mode and starts normally.
You want "Command Prompt"

Be sure to put in exactly what I posted. You don't want to delete any other folders then GeoVid
C:\deltree C:\Program Files\GeoVid

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI