This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Stop-Sign?

18 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ad-Aware SE Personal Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader Adobe Download Manager 1.2 (Remove Only) Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 Starter Edition Adobe Reader 7.0.8 AOL Instant Messenger AOL Uninstaller (Choose which Products to Remove) ArcSoft PhotoImpression 3.0 Ares 1.9.0 Backup Dell-Installed Programs Barbie® Magic Genie Bottle and CD-ROM Battlecraft 1942 Battlecraft Vietnam Battlefield 1942 Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII Battlefield 1942: The Road To Rome Battlefield Mod Development Toolkit 2.0 Beta Battlefield Vietnam™ Battlefield Vietnam: WW2 Mod Belarc Advisor 7.1 BFV Command and Control Server Manager - BFVCC Byteswarm LiveUpdate 2.1.0.3 CC_ccProxyExt ccCommon CCleaner (remove only) ccPxyCore Dell Network Assistant Dell Picture Studio - Image Expert 2000 Dell ResourceCD Dell Support 5.0.0 (630) Easy CD Creator 5 Basic FinePixViewer Ver.4.2 FTP Explorer FUJIFILM USB Driver GameSpy Arcade Google Earth HijackThis 1.99.1 ImageMixer VCD2 for FinePix IncrediMail Xe InterActual Player J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2 J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4 J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 LiveReg (Symantec Corporation) LiveUpdate 3.0 (Symantec Corporation) LOTR The Return of the King ™ Demo Macromedia Flash Player 8 Macromedia Shockwave Player Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669 Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2001 Microsoft Money 2001 Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 Microsoft Picture It! Publishing 2001 Microsoft Streets and Trips 2001 Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1 Microsoft Works 2001 Setup Launcher Microsoft Works 6.0 Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word MicroStaff WINASPI Mozilla Firefox ([removed]) MSN Messenger 7.5 MSN Music Assistant MSRedist Nero Suite Norton AntiSpam Norton AntiSpam Norton AntiVirus 2005 Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security 2005 (Symantec Corporation) Norton WMI Update Norton WMI Update NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers Paint Shop Pro 7 Anniversary Edition Poser 4 Poser 5 PowerDVD PunkBuster for Battlefield 1942 PunkBuster for Battlefield Vietnam QuickTime RAW FILE CONVERTER LE RealFlight G3 R/C Simulator RealPlayer Rumble Cube Deluxe Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564) Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565) Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734) Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939) Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046) Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756) Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358) Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422) Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423) Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424) Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428) Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688) Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587) Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588) Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591) Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725) Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017) Security Update for Windows XP (KB901190) Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214) Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400) Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235) Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706) Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414) Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749) Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915) Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519) Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531) Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280) Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562) Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567) Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927) Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812) Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919) Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446) Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580) Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388) Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389) Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281) Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159) Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344) Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953) Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439) SHOW Player Sound Blaster Live! Value SPBBC Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 Symantec Script Blocking Installer SymNet The History Channel Civil War The Mummy Demo ToolbarSetup Update for Windows XP (KB894391) Update for Windows XP (KB896727) Update for Windows XP (KB898461) Update for Windows XP (KB900485) Update for Windows XP (KB910437) Update for Windows XP (KB916595) Viewpoint Media Player WeatherBug WebCyberCoach 3.2 Dell WebEx Webshots Desktop Windows Genuine Advantage v1.3.0254.0 Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803) Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803) Windows Media Format Runtime Windows Media Player 10 Windows XP Hotfix - KB834707 Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282 Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333 Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339 Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250 Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835 Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836 Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185 Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472 Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742 Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113 Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302 Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047 Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175 Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859 Windows XP Hotfix - KB890923 Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781 Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066 Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086 Windows XP Service Pack 2 WinRAR archiver Yahoo! Anti-Spy Yahoo! Browser Services Yahoo! Install Manager Yahoo! Internet Mail Yahoo! Messenger Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool 1v7 Yahoo! Toolbar I've tried to get rid of Rumble Cube Deluxe. I can't get rid of that thing. :rant2:
These I recommend you uninstall:

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4

You can uninstall this if you wish (you asked about it):

Microsoft Money 2001

And you can uninstall most anything else on the list you don't use.

I'd leave the Norton/Symantec items alone, as well as the Windows updates.

Any questions, just ask….

What happens when you try to remove Rumble Cube Deluxe?

And how's the printer installation progressing?
:unsure:

What happens when you try to remove Rumble Cube Deluxe?

Could not open INSTALL.LOG file. <_<

Remember I told you that the missing frame.dll error came up when I tried several times with the printer? Then it did it with Spybot. When I open Spybot it says that then pops up the Spybot program. Everything seems to work in Spybot. I hope I did it right with the frame.dll link you sent. Dang, I'm dummer than a box of rocks. :rofl:

I haven't tried reinstalling the printer yet. I will tonight. I'm afraid…very afraid. :o :unsure:
I looked just now under local disk c. It has the lexmark folders. Should I delete those?
If you can't "uninstall" something, you're forced to just remove it manually (or just leave it be).

This would entail files, folders, and possibly some registry entries.

I don't know of any other way.

I'm dummer than a box of rocks.

Fibber!!!!
:D

I looked just now under local disk c. It has the lexmark folders. Should I delete those?

I'd just leave them for now.

If you have problems installing, that's when it's time to consider removing them.
:)
:D I will retry a bit later. I found a wringer washer! I love them things. ;) I have an appointment to go look at it. I will try, try again when I get back.
This topic is now closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link

(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI