This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Stop-Sign?

18 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:rofl: I thought you could see our horses! :rofl: Pictures etc….lmao

Yep. It loads the pages faster but still hesitates some going from one page to the next. Do I need this Dell support icon in the start up or at all?

I need to redownload Spybot?

What do I download?

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 - product description
md5: C1A843913269018A8FC962407D7E5169
Application to scan for spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software.

Detection updates 2006-08-04 - product description
md5: DD5C3C1BB5C695437B2C4007763F9466
This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into

Spybot-S&D.
Tools update 2006-03-31 - product description
md5: 6A3F1779DDC2EBAADB65C086687DF4B3
Only needed if you do not use the integrated update.

I thought you could see our horses!

Of course not!!!
:o
I can't "see" through your monitor…
:blink:
Don't be silly!!!
:weee:
………………….
………………………..
……………………………..

My, that's a pretty blouse you have on….

;)

Here are some other "non-essential" item you can "fix" with HijackThis! (then reboot), to see if it helps:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe

Reminder to register Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! cards

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AHQInit] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\AHQInit.exe

Part of AudioHQ for the Soundblaster Live!. Appears as though it makes the AudioHW toolbar drop down from the top of the desktop and isn't required

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

nwiz.exe is a part of NVidia's Nview features installable alongside it's graphics hardware products. This application will give the user access to additional features which allow the configuration of up to 32 monitors on a host, or to expand the desktop across many monitors. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user preference.


O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disc Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe

For Creative Soundblaster Live! series soundcards. Detects when you insert a CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, etc. Available via Start -> Settings -> Control Panel


O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN

Part of the USB driver for your Fuji digital cameras - used when uninstalling the USB drivers, erasing all entries from the registry. Only required BEFORE attempting to uninstall the Fuji software or the uninstall may not work correctly


O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\PROGRA~1\DELLSU~1\DSAgnt.exe" /startup

Dell Support Agent offers additional support and update features for your Dell computer or laptop.

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

Speeds up the time it takes to load the Adobe Reader application. Your choice, but not required for Adobe Reader to function properly


O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

Application which launches common MS Office components to help speed up the launch of Office programs. It's somewhat of a resource hog, and some users claim there's no difference with or without it but it usually isn't required. Note - if you make use of the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar outside an office program this application will need to be enabled for it to show



I've provided a brief description so you can decide if you want to "keep" the items or not.

Remember that "fixing" them doesn't remove them from your machine.

It just stops them from loading when you boot.

If you want some free anti-spyware programs, try these:

Please download and run Spybot-Search&Destroy and Ad-Aware; they are the standard programs for finding and cleaning malware off your system. Here are links to both programs, and instructions for their use.

Get Spybot - Search & Destroy from Spybot Search and Destroy
(This is the NEW Version 1.4)
Get AdAware SE Personal from Lavasoft
(This is the NEW Build 1.6)

Download and install these programs if you don't already have them. If you do have them, make sure they are UPDATED AND CONFIGURED AS DESCRIBED here:

Configure Adaware

Configure Spybot

Reboot after running each program.

My, that's a pretty blouse you have on….

Now I know you can't. :P I have a sundress on. :P :rofl: And I haven't heard you puke. :rofl: Kidding….lol

One other question. The drivers on this machine. Do I have to update them? I've never updated… :o

I'm also thinking of getting rid of programs I don't use. Like Microsoft money, works, office tools and more. How do I find out whats running constantly on here and shut it off?
Got a problem! I went to download Spybot. I get a error….

SpybotSD.exe-Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this. :rant2:

My printer won't work with my computer anymore. It keeps saying this even tho I've tried to reinstall it umpteen hundred times.:rant2:


HELP!
:scratch:

Go here and download the zip file. Unzip it, and put framedyn.dll into this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem

If it already exists there, DON'T REPLACE IT!!!

Just stop and let me know, and we'll do something else.

When did your printer quit working?

Was it after you "fixed" some things using HijackThis!?
:unsure:

Is that a Hard Rock Cafe T-shirt you have on today?
:ph34r:
Hi Yah, How did you know what shirt I am wearing. See, I knew it. You have a spy cam or something. I'll figure it out. :P

When did your printer quit working?

Was it after you "fixed" some things using HijackThis!?

Nope, I quit working about 2 month's ago. It won't recognize it for some reason. I get the same error when I try to reinstall it. Although the Spybot seems to be working.

I have a Lexmark X73. I would love to have it working again. :(

I'll go try the download right now. :D
Ok, I put it in there and it didn't have it listed or asked me if I wanted to replace it. Then this box popped up called winrar(sp?)
Two questions:

1. Is Spybot working?

2. What is the EXACT error you get when trying to install your printer?

:unsure:

BTW… Nice job with your hair. It accentuates your pretty blue eyes.
;)
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this.

This is the message I get. I will try a reinstall tonight. Maybe it's fixed. IDK :blink:

I have a CD a computer man made me with that confounded patch properly on it. I couldn't get it to work…I looked under some files in MY COMPUTER. Although I did an uninstall, I see some files that say Lexmark X73 and another that says Lexmark Patch. :blink:

BTW… Nice job with your hair. It accentuates your pretty blue eyes.
Ok, you are either too far from your monitor or you are in a male fantasy. My eye's are not Blue…Hazel Brown, the color of dried mustard or baby poop… :rofl: What color hair do you see? :scratch:
Keep me informed of your Lexmark problem. Must have been the shadows on your eyes…. Auburn, shoulder length…. B) Are you allowed to say "p**p" on here? :scratch: :rofl:

Ok, you are either too far from your monitor or you are in a male fantasy

It was the reflection of my own eyes.

And for your information, I'm in Kansas (not "in a male fantasy")!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!
:P

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI