This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

disk clean up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Not real sure what all to do her but I do not want unneeded items left on my computer. I know that when I click the tabs they tell me what they are yet it still makes little sence to me. So what am I to do with all the things that need "cleaning" such as compress old files setup log files etc… what to do?? thanks for the input all who can respond please do
Thank you for the advice; however what should I do about
Setup Log Files 4,099 kb
Compress Old Files 2,361,858

And why should I or should I not clean them? What is the big deal with them as well?
Compress Old Files, they are just compressed, not deleted, to save disk space. setup files are probably windows install files and can safely be deleted. if you click on the item when cleanmgr opens you should get some information about that item.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI