Since I can't find any other section where I can start a new topic here is where I put this.
——————-
eScorcher Antivirus is a free program, but apparently comes with advertising……..
Be careful to read everything associated with a program before you download and run it!
(no, I didn't use it, but I know somebody who did)
Well, I did try to include a screenshot ~ but, no go. What sort of files are we allowed to attach?
———————-
File Attachments
You may attach a file to this message.
Maximum file size (in bytes): 15360
———————-
My screencaptures are .jpg but I can save them in other formats if necessary?
In the meantime, this is a link to eScorcher's policies:
http://www.escorcher.com/privacy.htm
I thought jpg were allowed…double check the file size…I've had problems with uploading even if a couple of bytes over.
If you don't have a way to increase the compression of your .jpg, the .gif format will often be smaller.
We need Coyote to get all well!
(no, I didn't use it, but I know somebody who did)
Don't keep us in suspense - did it erase his whole HD, or what.
Don't keep us in suspense - did it erase his whole HD, or what.
Heavens no…..it just comes with it's share of adware is all. Who wants to download an antivirus with adware in it?
Pest Patrol targets escorcher . I was somewhere within the past few days and saw it in a HijackThis Log. Looking around and found this too:
http://www.safersite.com/PestInfo/db/e/escorcher.asp