gee1
Topic Starter
Hi again folks
when i got this pc(from mother in law) it was a mess with numerous spy & adware.It had toolbars galore and more bingo sites than you could shake a stick at.
I managed a lot of it myself and what i could`nt manage got resolved via "Hyjack this".
When i got it it was SP1 but im sure (?)there was no sound on it at THIS time.I have seen many people who suffered sound problems AFTER installing SP2.but i do recall there was no sound PRIOR to SP2.
Anyway,at the time i knew even less than i know now so it`s no doubt down to me that things aint much better.
I figured at the time i had "c-media xear sound" so went off hunting drivers for this device and remember trying a few….All to no avail SO off to "another"forum(sorry)i had went and somehow i ended up downloading what i have HALF working now…Realtek ac97(wdm_a390).
Well i thought i was trying some other driver BUT it turns out to be this complete package which at first did seem to work..Anyway,it works ONLY if i keep uninstalling and reinstalling via device manager every couple of days because the sound just seems to vanish..
Anyway INSTEAD of continuing with that mess i began looking up my problem and found this……..
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html
Which got me even MORE confused than what i already was…(my father in law reckoned THE realtek on top of whatever the built in sound was , was probably more of a problem now.
I just want to hear the thing without all this hassle and although i have picked up a fair bit of experience in OTHER pc problems im not sure where to start here.
I tried uninstalling all things "realtek" again as well BUT it only goes and finds the thing again once i reboot.
With ALL the different drivers and realteak i initally had tried I reckon i`ve made a right old mess of things in that department……
And the more i read out there…the MORE fragging confused i get
WHERE do i start..pleeeease…..
Ps im now not even sure IF the "xear"sound was on here already or IF it was something i mabey ended up with after one of my many trips to driverguide..(it was 5-6 months ago now)
when i got this pc(from mother in law) it was a mess with numerous spy & adware.It had toolbars galore and more bingo sites than you could shake a stick at.
I managed a lot of it myself and what i could`nt manage got resolved via "Hyjack this".
When i got it it was SP1 but im sure (?)there was no sound on it at THIS time.I have seen many people who suffered sound problems AFTER installing SP2.but i do recall there was no sound PRIOR to SP2.
Anyway,at the time i knew even less than i know now so it`s no doubt down to me that things aint much better.
I figured at the time i had "c-media xear sound" so went off hunting drivers for this device and remember trying a few….All to no avail SO off to "another"forum(sorry)i had went and somehow i ended up downloading what i have HALF working now…Realtek ac97(wdm_a390).
Well i thought i was trying some other driver BUT it turns out to be this complete package which at first did seem to work..Anyway,it works ONLY if i keep uninstalling and reinstalling via device manager every couple of days because the sound just seems to vanish..
Anyway INSTEAD of continuing with that mess i began looking up my problem and found this……..
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread25517.html
Which got me even MORE confused than what i already was…(my father in law reckoned THE realtek on top of whatever the built in sound was , was probably more of a problem now.
I just want to hear the thing without all this hassle and although i have picked up a fair bit of experience in OTHER pc problems im not sure where to start here.
I tried uninstalling all things "realtek" again as well BUT it only goes and finds the thing again once i reboot.
With ALL the different drivers and realteak i initally had tried I reckon i`ve made a right old mess of things in that department……
And the more i read out there…the MORE fragging confused i get
WHERE do i start..pleeeease…..
Ps im now not even sure IF the "xear"sound was on here already or IF it was something i mabey ended up with after one of my many trips to driverguide..(it was 5-6 months ago now)