This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

many problems

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hi Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 3:14:39 AM, on 7/12/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) I had many problems with my system since it was reinstalled Lately I had constant restarts,countless chkdsk,Nod32 reinstalled 16 times(don't want to run with anything that have any kind of real time protection/other anti malware/),spybot ran once-killed some cookies,then on next sturtup - that error about changed spybot(and then on next sturtup nothing),a squared died on me at once,just didn't scaned as it should(at one minute couple of hundred cookies and after update only 6-(in the meantime haven't removed anything). Firefox is working like this: it is closing byitself,then running in the background,and won't close Had about 5 popups( that is fine ,but everything on movie sites and tips and tricks for Windows-/that was the last one-Tribalfusion popup/) ,and never cought anything as far as I know Almost everytime I had popups,computer restarted,run shkdsk and I had that message about entrys truncated, mainly from Firefox Profiles folders. Constant restarts stopped ocurring so often,when I changed the location of computer,but it didn't stop I had DAP,but I disabled the browser integration and run on startup features. It was clean, but I didn't know how to use it. I don't use IE,at all.And DAP is still integrated in IE(or with-it is late I'm loosing my grammar) I had NetLimiter-to help me with eMule and Soulseek,but in one istance I just mistakingly located some Local Ip in the Internet Zone,and since don't know how to reverse this action(help files -don't have this information and on theit site there is even less information-forum closed),I disabled it from startup-so now I don't use eMule and Soulseek and NetLimiter I had some windows Explorer shaking and Firefox shaking,durring the time when reastarts were often,now nothing Restarts were worse when Nod was dying because of Tea Timer or Ewido and one time or,two,had to restart True vector engine I scaned with everything I had Nod32-in depth Adaware Spybot a squared Ewido 4.0 Stinger DrWeb cure_it Counterspy trial was over when I wanted to use it Nothing was found Nothing suspicious in Hijackthis log Now Nothing is happening,so I want to check some things I have found Msinfo32,used it and everything that should be there ,is there, don't have netdiag.exe and the Cd with it is not here Sisoftware Sandra say also that Winsock is fine. If you know of any other test for Winsock ,tell me(because if there is no failure,then there is no need for fix,or if there is need
So what are other tests if there are any,what can I check for…? If this is stupid,just kill this topic…and thanks anyway
I did chkdsk,no problems Winsock - Sandra -W.running Winsock- Msinfo32 W.-Ok. I have now new restarts,truncated entrys from Firefox changed "restore down" in firefox truncated .dat log file -Nod32 Everything is late Nod32,Zone Alarm and ZA notiffications/requests -svchost.exe for connection and Win32 error -Id 29 Now error Win32 - Id 17 Mainboard temperature 57 degrees C CPU 42 degrees C even with one side of the computer's box opened
Hi zoki,

Looks like you've done alot of work toward optimizing your machine and correcting problems that you've detected and solved.

Yet you still seem to remain unsure or troubled with a few things.

Here's a wonderful resource and way to get a complete view of your machine, the hardware and peripherals, the operating system, the installed software, and the current performance measures.

The resource is the Full Test at http://www.pcpitstop.com. The Full Test is free and provides an easy to read and use print-out of the test Results. The Results also include recommendations for improving or correcting various features of your machines performance, if problems are identified. Additionally, a knowledgeable user can also use the Results for trouble-shooting and correction of problems beyond the standard recommendations provided.

PCPitstop.com is my home Forum, though I often do more volunteer work here at TomCoyote. I've used the Full Test on many dozens of machines with great satisfaction. They are safe, comprehensive, and free.

You will be asked to register before using the Full Test, by providing any valid email address that you use, and selecting your own private password so that only you have access to your results. In order to Run the Full Test, you will be asked to accept an ActiveX that allows the test to be run on your machine. It is safe.

If after completing the Full Test, you would like additional assistance in understanding the test Results or assistance with developing an improvement or a problem solution, you can actually Post your Results back here into this Thread to receive more informed assistance from the experts here. To Post a link to your Test Results simply copy/paste the full "TechExpress" link back into a reply in this thread.

I hope you find this resource useful.
Let us know how we can assist your further.

Best Regards
Thanks again Located problems I need help with getting in the Safe Mode with networking When log in (as Administrator-I belive this is the way?-correct me if I'm wrong) no Zone Alarm-or I can't find it No AdAware or Spybot Only Nod32 (on demand) and Ewido I got into SM withN clicking Restart and tapping F8 and exited again by clicking Restart Tell me what to do and correct me where needed,please This is my first time doing this thanks

I got into SM withN clicking Restart and tapping F8 and exited again by clicking Restart


You got it correct.
What will you be attempting to accomplish while in SAFE Mode and connected to the internet?
Online Scans?
sorry for not replying sooner,hope you are not mad,but there is a time difference and it was late,and today couldn't get here First I wanted to scan with the things I have ,then update Ewido-the old version, (while in SM with N , because it didn't want to update the regular way,and it is supposed to be supported still,for updates) and scan,because Ewido 4.0 doesen't want to work with Nod32 in any way I tried it more then once with or without Ewido's resident shield I like Ewido,and trust it ,and need it because it is a good program to complete anty spyware and anti trojan protection (AdAware ,Spybot and Ewido + ASquared free and this is enough for me) I also wanted to see is what was in the safe mode and,yes to find out and prepare if online scan is needed There is one more question,I downloaded this file for cleaning the remains of Spybot from the registry,and it was downloaded as ready to use .reg file( it was on friend computer-and he has MYIE2 browser) ,but today I downloaded it for another friend on his computer,(he is on Firefox)and we got the text version ,the one for making the .reg file through copy /paste to Notepad……. Different browser,different systems and then different downloads as a result or I messed up somewhere?
Sorry zoki,

I do not follow you at all on this part.
And why would you be interested in "cleaning" the "remains" of Spybot from your registry, when instead you should be making sure it was properly installed and updated?

one more question,I downloaded this file for cleaning the remains of Spybot from the registry,and it was downloaded as ready to use .reg file( it was on friend computer-and he has MYIE2 browser)

,but today I downloaded it for another friend on his computer,(he is on Firefox)and we got the text version ,the one for making the .reg file through copy /paste to Notepad…….

Different browser,different systems and then different downloads as a result or I messed up somewhere?

It was always properly installed, you know , take the installation file to C from the CD(copy/paste), in a folder-start the installation,with all windows closed, lounch the program,follow the wizard,search for updates,take first two,and the last two,(they are always the same)- I don't use tea timer,finish updating,search for problems,delete some cookies,close the Spybot. And then the error-This application has changed itself….. AdAware found nothing,DrWeb cure it found nothing,Nod32 in safe mode found noting and also in depth, Stinger found nothing,CWShredder found nothing, Didn't do all the scans at once for about 4 days,but I don't think That I picked something up I downloaded nothing,haven't had any attahments in any mail, no new ,and unknown programs in Add/remove RegCleaner -nothing really new or suspicious Didn't have any popups(my firefox is working fine) I was thinking even sending the .reg file in question to Jotti's anti virus scan
Hi Zoki,

Here's how I think I am understanding you.

* You saved the Spybot S&D installation program to your Hard Disk (C:\)
* You installed Spybot S&D, updated it, and ran it to your satisfaction.
* Next, you wish to Delete the Spybot S&D installation program from your Hard Disk, but leave the Spybot S&D utility installed for future use.

At this point, you can simply Delete the Spybot S&D installation program using Windows Explorer Delete function.

Next you indicate that you get a "This application has changed itself….." Error
*What utility is reporting the Error?
*What activity are you doing at the time that the Error message appears?

As to the .reg program that you acquired from a friend:
All I can say is "who knows?" since I don't know your friend and I haven't seen the .reg routine that they wrote for you.

Alternative:
There are a few well recommended free Registry Cleaner application programs available.
It is always important to be cautious when making changes in the Registry.
Be sure to backup your registry before making any changes, in case you need to reverse any of the changes.

Here's a well recommended Registry Cleaner that you can get for free at MajorGeeks:
It's called "RegCleaner"
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards
Sorry if I was unclear, I want to have Spybot installed as on demand anti spyware,without Tea Timer( I can always delete the set up file I know) The error that I get is about Spybot "This application has changed itself since it was created,since Spybot doesen't change itself we suggest you scan for possible infection" This is the error that can happen,when uninstalling goes wrong somewhere,or because of the remains of the previous installation of Spybot in the registry so that is why you can download this .reg file fix from Safer Networking org. And I downloaded this file but it wasn't a text so you can make a .reg file,by yourself instead I got ready to use .reg file But when I wanted to download the same thing ,for my other friend,on his computer,we got the text. Two different forms-that was,what was my question about I already have RegCleaner You see,I'm having trouble reinstalling Spybot ,and updating the old Ewido And there is no Zone Alarm to be found in Safe Mode.(only in Start -Programs) And there is no AdAware,even in Start-Programs
Here's a fix from the Spybot team, which I found here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3079

spybotsandra
Member of Team Spybot

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 466

——————————————————————————–

Hello,

This is a little bug in the current version.
We have already been able to locate and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.
If you do not want to wait please try this link:
http://www.safer-networking.org/file…sd141pefix.zip
This is a beta version of Spybot-S&D where this bug should be fixed.
This zip file contains the exe file. Just copy it to your Spybot-S&D folder over the old spybot file.



Go to that linked reference where you will be able to download their fix.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI