This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help with HJT log

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

And your java could use an update…

The latest version out is jre1.5.0_07

After updating you must remove previous versions via "Add/Remove Programs".

jre1.5.0_07 update link
Actually, I hadn't been getting popups, so much as entire pages loading that were those Websites I listed in my first post. And strangely, I didn't get one of those the entire time I was using this forum to communicate with you. I will get rid of the Killbox folder in C: and take even more precautions than I had previous to this incident. I thank you so much for your time and effort to walk me through the removal process. Can you tell me what exactly the vermin was? I Googled lpkXEC.dll and turned up nothing.
I assumed it was "Vundo", a.k.a. "Winfixer", a.k.a. "Winantivirus"… Although it didn't match previous known "patterns" of that infection. :scratch: I will leave this thread open for a few days. If you have problems, post again. Thank you for choosing TomCoyote for your malware removal solutions. M68 :)
This topic is now closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link

(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI