This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Unable to open un gave help site

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

There is an in game help web site on Ultima on line or UO Edition 8. I continue to get a blank page with a message that I am getting one site listed but actually being taken elsewhere. That make is near impossible to get help, and portions of in game functions seem to rely on being able to enter that web site.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:36:00 PM, on 6/5/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\mxtask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\ConnMgr\cmisrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\AppMgr\vzOpenUIServer.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrowser.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - {955BE0B8-BC85-4CAF-856E-8E0D8B610560} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Encarta Web Companion - {147D6308-0614-4112-89B1-31402F9B82C4} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [A Verizon App] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fix-It AV] C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E06ADXRC_2403531] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta Premium 2006\EDICT.EXE" -m
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E06AXLRD_572390] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta Premium DVD 2006\EDICT.EXE" -m
O9 - Extra button: Verizon Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…t/c381/chat.cab
O16 - DPF: {31E68DE2-5548-4B23-88F0-C51E6A0F695E} (Microsoft PID Sniffer) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1141507379140
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SystemSuite Task Manager - Avanquest Publishing USA, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

Not sure we'll be able to help with the game issues, but we'll take care of any spyware / malware.

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Please use the [external image: Posted Image] Button below to reply. Thanks
I am not sure My reply was done right. I have a error Yesterday that shut down the web, the Ulitma onling web is different. My Normal web Yahoo, was doing fair . It shut down yesterday , just like the Ulitma Web and this time I recieved a error report for microsoft, so I opted to send that . I normally do sent the error , but the one I sent yesterday, June 9, sent me to a Mirosoft web page that stated there was a driver problem. I have not really done anything to change the drivers. I think I may have a snap shot of the message I was getting from Ultima on line. The message states that your being told that your going here , when in reality your going there. I hope that made sense! I am also now having problems with some of my web page images , I see a tiny red pick button where a photo should be, and the same in e-mail .
Post a new HijackThis log please. Keep in mind we are trained to remove virus', spyware and malware. You might be having a hardware or hardware drivers issues.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:56:43 AM, on 6/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\mxtask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\ConnMgr\cmisrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\AppMgr\vzOpenUIServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - {955BE0B8-BC85-4CAF-856E-8E0D8B610560} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Encarta Web Companion - {147D6308-0614-4112-89B1-31402F9B82C4} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [A Verizon App] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fix-It AV] C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E06ADXRC_2403531] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta Premium 2006\EDICT.EXE" -m
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E06AXLRD_572390] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta Premium DVD 2006\EDICT.EXE" -m
O9 - Extra button: Verizon Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…t/c381/chat.cab
O16 - DPF: {31E68DE2-5548-4B23-88F0-C51E6A0F695E} (Microsoft PID Sniffer) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1141507379140
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SystemSuite Task Manager - Avanquest Publishing USA, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
Hello , Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you do this:

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.


Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.


Run hijackthis. Hit None of the above, Click Do a System Scan Only. Put a Check in the box on the left side on these:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE


Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"




Delete this File if listed:
C:\windows\ALCMTR.EXE



Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Download - ATF Cleaner»
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)


Reboot and "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:16:54 PM, on 6/13/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\ConnMgr\cmisrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\mxtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\AppMgr\vzOpenUIServer.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - {955BE0B8-BC85-4CAF-856E-8E0D8B610560} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Encarta Web Companion - {147D6308-0614-4112-89B1-31402F9B82C4} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [A Verizon App] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fix-It AV] C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E06AXLRD_572390] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta Premium DVD 2006\EDICT.EXE" -m
O9 - Extra button: Verizon Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…t/c381/chat.cab
O16 - DPF: {31E68DE2-5548-4B23-88F0-C51E6A0F695E} (Microsoft PID Sniffer) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1141507379140
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SystemSuite Task Manager - Avanquest Publishing USA, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
Sorry I gave you that log before I ran the Cleaner Program and It appeard like I had two of everything you told me to check, so I am not sure I did it right , here is the log you would have recieved if I had done it right the first time. I think it may do better, but have not had much time to tell. Also my speakers occasionally sound like a old real to real video recorder of the 1960's. Do you think that may quiet down now?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:34:40 PM, on 6/13/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta Premium DVD 2006\EDICT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\ConnMgr\cmisrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\ymetray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\mxtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\AppMgr\vzOpenUIServer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://verizon.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - {955BE0B8-BC85-4CAF-856E-8E0D8B610560} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Encarta Web Companion - {147D6308-0614-4112-89B1-31402F9B82C4} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [A Verizon App] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\VERIZO~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\HELPSU~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VerizonServicepoint.exe] C:\Program Files\Verizon\Servicepoint\VerizonServicepoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fix-It AV] C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E06AXLRD_572390] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta Premium DVD 2006\EDICT.EXE" -m
O9 - Extra button: Verizon Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…t/c381/chat.cab
O16 - DPF: {31E68DE2-5548-4B23-88F0-C51E6A0F695E} (Microsoft PID Sniffer) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/odc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1141507379140
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SystemSuite Task Manager - Avanquest Publishing USA, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\VCOM\SYSTEM~1\MXTask.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
I have a Window XP pro , it was built by Data Day in Sand Point Idaho, and I refuse to go back to them. They did not fix problems the last time I took it back, and when I took it home and rebooted it , the screen was blank, nothing appeared . I waited a few hours and still no Windows Screen appeared and at 9:00 Pm I tried again an , wow, I had a Windows Screen, and it actually booted. I paid through the nose for that? Also I have moved 200 miles away from that place of business, and do not have a way to get it back to them. I think there were two of all the things you told me to pick, I found that confusing, and only picked one of them. I didn't understand what I was doing. Thank you and when I get to it I will donate again, I did last week and do it by mail. I have been hacked to many times to put any personal information in the machine, and had three computers fried, one took out the backup system, of my IBM in 2003. Sorry , I know that is not convient for you, and I have a head injury and appreciate your explaintions, they are more clear then most.
I changed that and I went to Window Update Center. My Machine is set to update automatically, and I guess that is not happening. There were eight updates I needed, and I check that almost daily. My sound is a tad but better, thank you.
I have System Suite6 , they had a major problem when the company changed hands I think, and it also seemed to interfer with Spybot, so I removed that as well. System Suite uses Trend Macro or Penicilan I think.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI