This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I've been hyjacked-please help

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Do you think this will work?

Go here: download this registry fix from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/reg/smitfraud.reg
Double-click smitfraud.reg on your desktop. When asked if you want to merge with the registry click YES.

Do you think this will work?

Go here: download this registry fix from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/reg/smitfraud.reg
Double-click smitfraud.reg on your desktop. When asked if you want to merge with the registry click YES.

You can give it a try. It shouldn't hurt anything.
If that doesn't work try:

Then download this program.

http://downloads.subratam.org/DllCompare.exe

Open the program and click the "Run Locate.com" button.
Then click the "Compare" button (this will take a few minutes)
When it finishes click the "Make Log…." button.

Post the dll compare log to this thread.
I tried both and it still looks the same. But because of your help. No porn sites anymore. * DLLCompare Log version(1.0.0.127) Files Found that Windows does not See or cannot Access *Not everything listed here means you are infected! ________________________________________________ O^E says: "There were no files found :)" ________________________________________________ 1,323 items found: 1,323 files, 0 directories. Total of file sizes: 287,196,721 bytes 273.89 M Administrator Account = True ——————–End log———————
I was poking around and it seems that when I try to open up any yahoo games I get a warning message that says that my computer is set lower than 1024 x 768. I checked and the display is set at 1024 x 768. I am really feeling that it could be the video card.
Hi there - good evening. No I can't. That's one of my problems. I can't change the monitor. Everytime I do it goes right back to the multiple. I don't need multiple.
If you're up to it lets remove what is there now. First do you know what video card you hav? Do you have a install disk / CD for the video card and monitor?
You can also have a look at this:

If you do then I came across something today that might help. If you use IE and would like to enlarge the print size of web pages then why not try One Format. You can download a stylesheet which you can attach to your browser, then you can adapt the colour scheme, text size and text weight to suit you.

http://www.oneformat.com/

LDTate - U R a genuis. I didn't have the disk but I downloaded the drivers and it is working fine. I can't thank you enough for all of your help and standing by me through this long ordial. I'm not sure that I would have had the patience that you had. Thank you again, Susan

LDTate - U R a genuis. I didn't have the disk but I downloaded the drivers and it is working fine. I can't thank you enough for all of your help and standing by me through this long ordial. I'm not sure that I would have had the patience that you had.

Thank you again,
Susan

I had the patience because it was your PC and not mine. :rofl:

I can't remember if we did this yet or not:




Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.





If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI