Here it is…

(I had already un/re-installed HJT twice, looks like #3 did the trick!) Here it is, and even *I* recognize each and every line in the log now from my own research and reading!! I resent all the MS zone stuff there, but I play online Hearts all the time, and I suppose they are necessary evils, and I'm not quite sure about the very last entry, regarding "Veritis". I'm also not sure what that Exell add on thingy is for, or where it came from, but I know what all the others are and will clean some of them up one by one as necessary. (The Paperport & HPFsched things are both to remind me to register my scanner & printer softare, having re-installed everything)
All this started when I did a complete format and clean reinstall of my C drive a few weeks ago, and I guess I did too much surfing before having all my protection in place.
Lesson Learned!. I am now back to where I was before with spyware and anti virus tools in place, and hopefully safer surfing!
Thanks again for the help, and your time. Here's the log, and hopefully this thread can be closed, unless you spot something in there that still concerns you!!
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:45:18 PM, on 06-04-12
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\progra~1\paprport\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://sympatico.my.msn.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://sympatico.my.msn.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpfsched] C:\WINNT\hpfsched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] c:\progra~1\paprport\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE"
O4 - Startup: Launch Microsoft Office Outlook.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {05D44720-58E3-49E6-BDF6-D00330E511D3} (StagingUI Object) -
http://zone.msn.com/binFrameWork/v10/StagingUI.cab40641.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {3BB54395-5982-4788-8AF4-B5388FFDD0D8} (ZoneBuddy Class) -
http://zone.msn.com/BinFrameWork/v10/ZBuddy.cab32846.cab
O16 - DPF: {5736C456-EA94-4AAC-BB08-917ABDD035B3} (ZonePAChat Object) -
http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/ZPAChat.cab32846.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) -
https://scan.safety.live.com/resource/downl…lscbase7617.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1142461126378
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1142480805131
O16 - DPF: {95B5D20C-BD31-4489-8ABF-F8C8BE748463} (ZPA_HRTZ Object) -
http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_hrtz.cab40641.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab34246.cab
O16 - DPF: {DA2AA6CF-5C7A-4B71-BC3B-C771BB369937} (StadiumProxy Class) -
http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/StProxy.cab41227.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe