This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Desktop HJT new log 031106

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The same. I can't re-install windows with the CD. cant't run any programs without going into command prompt, (that really stinks) I haven't figured out how to change back my file extensions to where they would work, and I have spent two days on this already. I just plain give up! It's online, but it won't run anything.
Go here and run the online scan, allow it to delete whatever it finds:

Panda ActiveScan

Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
[*]A new window will open…click the Check Now button

[*]Enter your Country

[*]Enter your State/Province

[*]Enter your e-mail address and click send

[*]Select either Home User or Company

[*]Click the big Scan Now button

[*]If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it

[*]It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)

[*]When download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan

[*]When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.


Note any thing that can't be fixed
Tomorrow, when I get home. I will be trying to get all my data off of the computer, and most likely try to reformat. I have a 250GB external hard drive for it, and my laptop. So I will have plenty of room to do that. Hopefully, I can do that. Is there any easy way to copy the data to the ext drive? As it looks like right now, it might be very tedious. I've learned a lot from this. I will be making a backup registry copy of both computers when i'm done. Thanks for all the help. ChuckII :wavey: :wall:
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI