Ok when I click the link this is what i get
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"SearchAssistant"="http://ie.search.msn.com/{SUB_RFC1766}/srchasst/srchasst.htm"
"CustomizeSearch"="http://ie.search.msn.com/{SUB_RFC1766}/srchasst/srchcust.htm"
"Default_Search_URL"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Default_Search_URL"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
"Search Page"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Search Page"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
"Search Bar"="Search Bar"="http://search.msn.com/intl/searchpane/en-au/prov2.htm"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]
""="http://home.microsoft.com/access/autosearch.asp?p=%s"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\main]
"Search Page"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
"Search Bar"="http://search.msn.com/spbasic.htm"
"Use Custom Search URL"= dword:00000000
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks]
"{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497}"=""
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\DefaultPrefix]
@="http://"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\Prefixes]
"ftp"="ftp://"
"gopher"="gopher://"
"home"="http://"
"mosaic"="http://"
"www"="http://"
Those are the registry keys that explore should have in the registery. Did it ask if you wanted to merge it?
Nope, everything it said is posted there. I did the other things you told me to uncheck.
Nope, everything it said is posted there. I did the other things you told me to uncheck.
Right click on the file and select Merge.
or
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Get number 29 on the right side.
or:
This is the one we were missing before:
setupwbv.dll
http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files….l/download.html
Wait…..should i click that link in normal mode if im able or does it matter.
Right click on the file IEFIX.reg and select Merge.
Ok I downloaded the setup oone. I didnt dble click it or anything, just dwnloaded.
Oboy, where do I find that file to merge??
Should be on your desktop.
You can get it again:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/IEFIX.reg
Save it to your desktop.
Right click on the file IEFIX.reg and select Merge.
Ok i clicked it again and got this message again and nothing appears on my desktop.
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"SearchAssistant"="http://ie.search.msn.com/{SUB_RFC1766}/srchasst/srchasst.htm"
"CustomizeSearch"="http://ie.search.msn.com/{SUB_RFC1766}/srchasst/srchcust.htm"
"Default_Search_URL"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Default_Search_URL"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
"Search Page"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Search Page"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
"Search Bar"="Search Bar"="http://search.msn.com/intl/searchpane/en-au/prov2.htm"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]
""="http://home.microsoft.com/access/autosearch.asp?p=%s"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\main]
"Search Page"="http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch"
"Search Bar"="http://search.msn.com/spbasic.htm"
"Use Custom Search URL"= dword:00000000
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks]
"{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497}"=""
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\DefaultPrefix]
@="http://"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\Prefixes]
"ftp"="ftp://"
"gopher"="gopher://"
"home"="http://"
"mosaic"="http://"
"www"="http://"
Right click on the file IEFIX.reg and select Merge.
Ok, i still dont see any file to merge. Shopuld I click here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and downlaod 29 on the right???
If you Right click on the file IEFIX.reg at the top of the window that opens should be
"Merge" select that.
Im getting lost . When I click that link you told me to click, nothing apears but all the words I posted. No links, no files nothing that im able to right click and merge.