This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

HDD Running hot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After finally getting my Ram problems fixed, I am not having an issue with an HDD running hot. My Specs: Antec True Power 430 Watt PS Gigabyte KNS Ultra 939 MB Two Gigs Corsair XMS ram(1gb in Dimm slots 1 and 2) WD 160 gig hdd IDE WD 160 gig hdd Sata BenQ Dvd burner Lite On Cd Burner Athlon xp64 3000+(Venice Core) Geforce 6600 GT AGP Vid card The one hdd is showing running at 31 degrees Celsius, which is fine, but the other is showing running at a whopping 50 degrees Celsisus!!!! Not good! I have 2 antec 80 mm fans running from the back of the case, one intake and one outake. Any ideas here on what could be the problem? Could I be getting a faulty hdd read?
Hello there. I was in virtually the same boat as you with 2x 160gig hdd's. One ide the other sata.Had the same problem with the ide hdd rising temp during heavy access.Just out of curiosity is it the ide that's acting up?Also what program are you using to gauge temp? I used 2 different apps and got the exact same 44c reading. :rant2: I moved the hdds further apart in the case, didnt help much. :angry: I then added a fan blowing directly on the hdd's which helped quite a bit. :D I am now dual booting and the second os that I dont use much at all I put on the hot hdd. So I really havent been able to gauge performance seing as how most of the time the hot one is completely idle. Keep me informed of your situation as I am curious of your conclusion. Cheers

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI