Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Hopelessly crashed - no internet access!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#16 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

2 things: #1 Incoming connections No clients connected #2 Local Area Connection #2 LAN ot highspeed internet Connected Realtek Ethernet... J

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:39 PM

Mine was already selected. He has 98 and there is nothing like this on his anywhere. No network connections thing.

#18 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

He had a bunch there. He has Client for Mic NW Micosoft family logon print sharing then all the equip is listed Everything is enabled for sharing

#19 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

OK, yes there is Net Neigh on his desktop. The last time I clicked it is said inaccessible with an error box. Meantime I re-ran Wizard on mine not choosing the main location, but the one that was pre-selected (gateway) and the Wizard worked. I do not know why my PC thinks it is not the main one, but okay I guess? Then I went and ran it on his it worked. The log in came up too with his name that I did on mine! Changes were applied and it had to reboot. It froze with: Vsmon ndetect Explorer I am rebooting again. I have no word on my HJT report and my envelope is coded so people may think I already am getting help with that issue. I do believe there is still something wrong. I will do what you told me to do now. Thanks.. J

#20 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

Ok. Most things were checked already except for #5 which had 2 selected. It had 802.11 and the TCP/IP. 802.11 is the wireless, but I checked only TCP like you said. There also was in #2, 3 TCP/IT's The Belkin, the ethernet and some other TCP/IP. There was no microsoft TCP. I picked the 3rd TCP/IP. Hope it was the right one? I rebooted and he froze again with: Ndetect and Explorer I will reboot, but I know it will keep doing the same thing. On a good, note in network neighborhood showed us there with no error! J

#21 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

I ran a Norton utility remover. I think it missed some according to the log. Zone showed up in 3 places on the log and I think (altough I am not sure what I think now) Norton is by Zone? I will do what you request... J

#22 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

'K: ndetect - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM app log vsmon: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM " " \zonelabs \zonelabs \app log Aha! J

#23 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:09 PM

I got rid of Norton weeks ago as it was nasty, uh, still is? I have no idea if the prior owner ever had Zone anything. But remnants are here so I guess so! How do I get them off? J

#24 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:14 PM

Sorry, I don't want to make a mistake... what is the best way to do that? Can I cut them from the find screen? It doesn't give me the option to send them to a file, just 'my docs' or desktop, floppy, etc. Where do I do this from?

#25 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

Message is gone... you did tell me to move stuff to a "moved stuff" file right?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:21 PM

I forgot to tell ya.... I noticed he does not have an administrative tab! Fun huh?

#27 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:24 PM

ic what?

#28 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

Otay! I'll get right on it!

#29 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:42 PM

Regarding the back up.... it asks for which registry key I am to back up?

#30 Cooncatz

Cooncatz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

I did not find anything you wanted me to delete! :( There was no Symantec. All I saw re: Zone was: Zone labs client trust EZ armor (which is the new firewall/anti-virus stuff I put on weeks ago.) Why would it say Zone client? AND True Vector C:\zonelabs\VSmon.exe This is all, and it wasn't on the list, should I get rid of it?