This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

urgent computor problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I HAVE WINDOWS 2000 —- I TURNED THE COMPUTER ON TODAY AND I CAN'T EVEN GET TO THE ICONS AND DO NOT SEE START TO EVEN GET INTO SYSTEM TO DIALUP AND MAKE CONNECTION. DO SEE BLACKSCREEN WHICH DOES SAY ERROR 308 OR 9 KEYBOARD BUT THE KEYBOARD IS GOOD. HOW DO I EVEN GET IN TO THE COMPUTER NOW WITHOUT SEEING MY STARTUP ICON. IS A VIRUS IN IT OR MAYBE THE C DRIVE IS BAD . PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS, CAMARO
Try restarting your computer in Safe Mode

Press the F8 key, when you see the Starting Windows bar at the bottom of the screen.

Choose the Safe Mode option from the Windows Advanced Options Menu then press Enter.

If it comes-up ok that way, reboot normal and see if it works now.
SIR , I TRIED THAT AND DID NOTHING AND ALL I END UP GETTING IS UP IN THE CORNER IT SAYS EO-301 KEYBOARD. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO TRY?????
IT DOES MENTION FOR TROUBLESHOOTING TO PRESS F8 BUT WHEN I DO NOTHING HAPPENS. COMPUTER AND MONITOR ARE RUNNING . I AM NOT A WIZARD ABOUT COMPUTERS. THANKS
Are you sure the keyboard is good? On restart: You might be hitting the F8 key too soon. Wait until you hear the Beep, then try the F8 key.
OK. First, turn off the Caps Lock key. No need to type in capitals. Shut the PC off. Restart, and when you hear a beep, start taping the F8 Key.
I GOT A LONG MESSAGE WHICH SAYS–WINDOWS 2000 COULD NOT START BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT, WINNT/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/NTFS.SYS——— IT GOES ON TO STATE YOU CAN ATTEMT TO REPAIR THIS FILE BY STARTING WINDOWS 2000 SETUP USING THE ORIGINAL SETUP DISK OR CDROM. SELECT R AT THE FIRST SCREEN TO START REPAIR. PLEASE HELP AS I DO NOT HAVE ORIGINAL CD. IS THERE ANY HOPE LEFT?????????????????????
I AM A DUMMY WHEN IT COMES TO THIS SO WILL YOU EXPLAIN FOR ME. I AM UNABLE TO TYPE ANYTHING IN WITH THAT COMPUTOR SO I DID GO THERE WITH MY XP BUT WHICH AND HOW WOULD I ORDER IT.

DO YOU THINK I COULD REPAIR IT MYSELF IF I FIND IT

Yes, that might work.

CAN I BUY ONE SAY AT STAPLES

Microsoft doesn't make Windows 2000 anymore, so you won't find any at the stores.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI