This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

please review hijack log

19 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:28:57 PM, on 2/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Dit.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HPINST~1\plugin\bin\pchbutton.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\OPScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccEmFlSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Hijack\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…rch/search.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5400
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\PBHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D714A94F-123A-45CC-8F03-040BCAF82AD6} - C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SbCIe02a.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CICache] CICache.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dit] Dit.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Acme.PCHButton] C:\PROGRA~1\HPINST~1\plugin\bin\pchbutton.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAdware3] "C:\Program Files\NoAdware3\NoAdware3.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ANONYMIZER_SPYWAREKILLER] C:\Program Files\SpyWare Killer\spywarekiller.exe /BOOT /TRAY
O4 - Startup: TextBridge Instant Access OCR.lnk = C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Koyote Dialup Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MySoftware NewsFlash.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\MySoftware\Newsflsh.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show All Original Images - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/250
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Original Image - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/227
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: SideStep - {3E230861-5C87-11D3-A1C6-00105A1B41B8} - C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SbCIe02a.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.wmfingrp.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39204&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} - http://wdownload.weatherbug.com/minibug/tr…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsc…72/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/308bc0768463888b9f21/…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D9E4B6D-CD17-4D85-99D4-6A52B394EC3B} (WSDownloader Control) - http://www.webshots.com/samplers/WSDownloader.ocx
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1124072823824
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://admin.pressplay.com/duet/registration/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…utocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
"bump" I posted on the 11th and would thank you so much for any help you could give me. I understand that I can post if I haven't heard anything in 5 days. Thank you.
Hello and welcome to TomCoyote forum. First I apologize for the wait :( take a moment to look at the pinned items at the top, this will orientate you better, there are many logs and so few of us that we look for 0 replies to help, knowing the five days wthout a response will catch the ones we miss, so when you "bump" it does defeat your purpose. Let me say first that I do see some junk that needs to go and I would like to give you a good cleaning while we remove it. What I need from you is a fresh HJT log, this one is 9 days old and things change quickly in an infected log. You always want to return to this thread: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=58091 and use Add Reply, then I will receive a notification. I will look at this new log and respond with instructions as soon as possible after your post.

Thanks…Phil :wavey:

pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Expert Member
Phil thank you so much for being patient and for your kindness I truly appreciate your help so much.
tlongLogfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:37:39 AM, on 2/20/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Dit.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Hijack\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…rch/search.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5400
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\PBHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D714A94F-123A-45CC-8F03-040BCAF82AD6} - C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SbCIe02a.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CICache] CICache.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dit] Dit.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAdware3] "C:\Program Files\NoAdware3\NoAdware3.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ANONYMIZER_SPYWAREKILLER] C:\Program Files\SpyWare Killer\spywarekiller.exe /BOOT /TRAY
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Startup: TextBridge Instant Access OCR.lnk = C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Koyote Dialup Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MySoftware NewsFlash.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\MySoftware\Newsflsh.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show All Original Images - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/250
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Original Image - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/227
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: SideStep - {3E230861-5C87-11D3-A1C6-00105A1B41B8} - C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SbCIe02a.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.wmfingrp.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39204&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} - http://wdownload.weatherbug.com/minibug/tr…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsc…72/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://207.188.7.150/308bc0768463888b9f21/…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D9E4B6D-CD17-4D85-99D4-6A52B394EC3B} (WSDownloader Control) - http://www.webshots.com/samplers/WSDownloader.ocx
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1124072823824
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://admin.pressplay.com/duet/registration/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…utocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
Before we start, I want to ask about a couple of items, bcause there is little or no information available on Google: Koyote Accelerator <<< you know this program is valid and safe

C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe <<< it is very "not a good thing" to run two antivirus programs at the same time. If you are doing this, uninstall one completely then update the other and run a complete system scan having anything located deleted. If anything is found that cannot be delete or at least quarantined, I need the complete name and pathway of the item/items.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE read this: http://castlecops.com/startuplist-180.html <<< if you wish this item off your computer, make me aware of this.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CICache] CICache.exe <<< is this valid, I have found this references:
http://cvs.cinelerra.org/devcorner/doxy/a1…assCICache.html If you do not know, then use this information to show hidden files and folders:
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html Search for: CICache.exe and then use one or more of these free online scanners to valid it one way or another and share that information with me.
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.wmfingrp.com <<< you know this item: http://www.wmfingrp.com/ You have given them much access to your computer.

We will take care of anything above this point later, the instructions for the cleanup start here:

1) Download, update, configure and run these two programs: http://tomcoyote.org/aawsb.php
The newest version of Ad-aware is 1.06 and Spybot 1.04. Even if you have these programs, use the link to get the newest version, update and configure them as in the link. Run Spybot first, reboot then run Ad-aware. Both programs back up what they remove so delete anything the programs say should be removed.

2) ewido scan:
Please download Ewido Security Suite it is a trial version of the program.
  • Install ewido security suite
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
  • The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
  • On the left hand side of the main screen click update
  • Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido.
Ewido manual updates

Once the updates are installed do the following:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
    • You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
    • If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
    • DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
    • If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.
**(Ewido for example has been flagging parts of AVG Anti-Virus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk")

3) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/clientapps/AutoSear…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D714A94F-123A-45CC-8F03-040BCAF82AD6} - C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SbCIe02a.dll
O9 - Extra button: SideStep - {3E230861-5C87-11D3-A1C6-00105A1B41B8} - C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SbCIe02a.dll
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} - http://wdownload.weatherbug.com/minibug/tr…Transporter.cab?

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

Enable hidden files&folders..reverse the process when finished.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html

RIGHT Click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:

C:\Windows\Prefetch\ >>> delete the contents (NOT THE FOLDER)
Prefetch info: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_…refetch-XP.html

If you don't have a good cleaner, use this one with these instuctions:
Download CCleaner from this link: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Review the instructions http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour1.asp
Run CCleaner, Windows & Applications when you run the registry cleaner (Issues) you will be prompted to backup before you can remove stuff, make sure you do.

Restart the computer and post the ewido scan results, a new HJT log any information I requested and let me know how things are running now.

Thanks…Phil
Hello Phil and thank you again for your help. I am a 62 year old female who is not as computer literate as I should be. My son has helped me to realize that lack of knowledge about what I am doing can be costly but we have managed by phone hopefully to get this back to you done correctly and I hope I have. My computer is running better but I am still having issues that I don't know how to correct or what I should do so hopefully after this message I can be further helped. At this point I am still unable to open my microsoft update page I get a error " of 0X800B001 and page is unable to be accesed. I also am unable to update My Adobe Photoshop because it says that I have a required system component (wintrust.dll) is missing, and there are problems in my Yahoo, so this leads me to think because these problems were happening before you started helping me and they did not get resolved. Today when I was looking for the answers to the questions that you had asked me about in your message to answer I found that I have some files that are damaged and evidently missing too. Two of the damaged articles relate to the Microsoft and the Yahoo problem and I don't know where the missing component is for Adobe Photoshop. This leads me to ask you if maybe in my inexperience attempts at running my computer that I could have possibly deleted and or corrupted files. I hope this is okay to list here.

Now to answer your questions to the best of my ability that you asked me about.
Re: Koyote Accelerator this is a program that my server gave us to help the dialup it is a dialup accelerator client powered by SlipStream which is supposed to help the speed of my computer. I live way out in the country in Texas where we have poor phone service lines and I only even with the Accelerator run at the speeds of 28.8 kbps which is awful I know. I am unable to recieve DSL because of the phone service. You can look at the accelerator at http://www.koyote.com/support also as far as I know it is safe.
On the Mcafee it is an old virus program that I was unaware was running partly. I found the file and it expired in 2003 but I am unable to uninstall it. I honestly have tried and tried and it refuses to be deleted. When I go to Control Panel and Add/remove programs and I click on it and ask it to remove it freeze up and will not uninstall and I have to reboot, when I go to the start page and find it in the start up there is an uninstall box for the McAfee but it also refuses to be uninstalled so I don't know what to do about that. I do have the Norton's Anti- Virus system running and always updated. I ran a complete system scan on Norton and found no threats or anything that needed to be deleted.
On the AKCXMNTR.EXE I found the file and after looking found it to be the Realtek Audio-Event Moniter and it is Windows application and by Realtek Semiconductor Corp. So after reading the site you gave me I feel it should be taken off if you feel it should also.
On the CICache.exe I found many files in the Windows file and as best I can tell it was the Windows Service pack Spuninst.exe and ISP2QFE FOLDER. IT HAS 640 FILES AND 128 FOLDERS. If this doesn't sound correct and I need to do something else please advise, I might have done what you asked incorrectly.
On the Wmfingrp group this is our company Williams Financial Services for our stocks and please do advise me on how to be protected when I go there to check our stock. I was totally unaware that I was so vunerable on that site.
After this above I ran the programs you asked me to and hopefully did what you asked me to I will wait for your advice. You will find the ewido log and new hjt log and again thank you thank you so much for your help. I promised my son I would try very hard to take more tutorials and learn more. I truly feel so inadequate to do my computer correctly and stand in awe of someone like you who knows so much. Thank you again for your patience and time and help for all of us who are asking for your help. There are not enough words to thank you all on your staff and you for what you do.
God bless tlong
Phil I am so sorry I tried to put both logs in this same file and ended up with two ewido logs and can't seem to get the hijack to post please forgive. I will post this one and then post again with the hijack this log.
thank you tong

———————————————————
ewido anti-malware - Scan report
———————————————————

+ Created on: 10:47:30 AM, 2/21/2006
+ Report-Checksum: 5B2359F0

+ Scan result:

:mozilla.49:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.50:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.51:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.52:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.53:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.55:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.123:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.124:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.125:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.126:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.127:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.128:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.138:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.139:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.169:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.170:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.171:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.172:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.278:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ivwbox : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.331:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.458:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.459:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.501:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Web-stat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.502:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Web-stat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.503:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Web-stat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.504:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Web-stat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.505:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Web-stat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.506:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Web-stat : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.585:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.586:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.587:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.588:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.630:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Myaffiliateprogram : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.694:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.695:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.697:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.698:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3ley6rbq.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[removed][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[removed][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@com[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[removed][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[removed][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[removed][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[removed][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ivwbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Ivwbox : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@tacoda[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@webstat[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Web-stat : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[removed][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Myaffiliateprogram : Cleaned with backup


::Report End

———————————————————
Edited the extra ewido logs for this member…pskelley
Phil I just looked at my reply and saw that I really messed up again I apologise. I realize now that the reason that the hijack this file did not get added was that I failed to save it. Hopefully here is the hijack file.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:12:45 PM, on 2/22/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Dit.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\MySoftware\Newsflsh.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Hijack\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5400
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\PBHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CICache] CICache.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dit] Dit.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ANONYMIZER_SPYWAREKILLER] C:\Program Files\SpyWare Killer\spywarekiller.exe /BOOT /TRAY
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Startup: TextBridge Instant Access OCR.lnk = C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Koyote Dialup Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MySoftware NewsFlash.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\MySoftware\Newsflsh.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show All Original Images - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/250
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Original Image - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/227
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.wmfingrp.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39204&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsc…72/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://207.188.7.150/308bc0768463888b9f21/…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D9E4B6D-CD17-4D85-99D4-6A52B394EC3B} (WSDownloader Control) - http://www.webshots.com/samplers/WSDownloader.ocx
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1124072823824
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://admin.pressplay.com/duet/registration/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…utocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
Hi tlong, I was born 4/19/42 so you are a youngster We will work our way through all of these problems if you will just be patient with yourself. At the bottom of where you post there is an Edit key, you have to leave something there, but in this case you could have edited out the extra ewido log and put the HJT log in it's place. I will remove that extra ewido scan reports to shorten up the thread. I will comment on the ewido log then look at the HJT log to see what still needs to be done, then I will comment on your feedback. If what you said was correct I will make not comments, thanks.

ewido anti-malware - Scan report Created on: 10:47:30 AM, 2/21/2006
No surprises and everything was deleted that was located. Mostly Firefox cookies, here is information to help you control those cookies:
http://privacy.getnetwise.org/browsing/too…fdisablecookies
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/p…_priv_help.html
If you need the information for Internet Explorer cookies, let me know.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 4:12:45 PM, on 2/22/2006

I see a little more work to do in the HJT log, please do this, I will number them for you.

1) Look in All Programs for McAfee, click to see if another menu comes up with an uninstaller on it, if so uninstall from there.

2) Start > Control Panel > Add Remove programs and look for McAfee, if you find it, uninstall from there.

3) Disable the Service
Click Start > Run and type services.msc
Scroll down to McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager and right click on it.
Click Properties and under Service Status click Stop, then under Startup Type change it to Disabled.

4) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MySoftware NewsFlash.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\MySoftware\Newsflsh.exe
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://207.188.7.150/308bc0768463888b9f21/…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

Enable hidden files&folders..reverse the process when finished.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html

RIGHT Click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:

ALCXMNTR.EXE >>> file (this may be C:\Windows\ALCXMNTR.EXE, if not search for it with search companion. Careful of the spelling, we want to delete that one file only.

C:\PROGRAM FILES~1\mcafee.com\ >>> folder (if you found it earlier it may be gone, if not delete the folder

C:\Program Files\Common Files\MySoftware\Newsflsh.exe >>> file (no one knows this one, remove it and if you use it, put it back later.

restart the computer and then do this:
Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list…" Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.

Now post a new HJT log and the uninstall list in this same thread.

Thanks…Phil

Now once you have that information posted, and keep in mind I know you are dialup so take what time you need to complete the instructions, I will work with you. While you wait for me to respond, please do this:

Use search companion to locate this file: CICache.exe, once you have the location of the pathway, then use one or more of these free online scanners, just follow the directions, and upload the file. You will get information back quickly. Post that information for me to view whenever you have it.
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html

Now let's look at your questions. I am only going to respond if I think it is necessary, if you were right or no response is requied, no response will be given.

You have given me error messages, I must have those exactly, word for word as they occur. From one end to the other, this is the only way they can be researched. Look back and post again where this applies.

Using this for an example:

and there are problems in my Yahoo

<<, to show you what I mean, if I search Google for "problems in my Yahoo" Google returns 74,800,000 possibles, so you can see the need to be very specific:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc…ems+in+my+Yahoo

wintrust.dll <<< this can be downloaded free here: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc…=wintrust%2Edll but knowing where to put it is an issue. I suggest you try this first:

System Files Checker. This windows utility will scan your system looking for missing and damaged files. If it finds one it will look on your system for a replacement and fix it for you, if it is not there, it may ask for your Windows CD so have that handy.

Click Start > Run, type in sfc /scannow, hit Enter.
Note: there is a space between sfc and /scannow
This should replace any corrupted/missing system files and will hopefully fix things. You may need your XP disc in your CD drive for this?

I believe we have tackled enough for this time. If these steps do not fix the other issues you are having, once all logs are clean, we will cross the next bridge at that point. Here's hoping this works for you. I did deal with a 56K modem for a while so I really feel for you with what you are working with :(
Phil good morning and just a note so you will know what you are dealing with at times with me I have Fibromyalgia and many other medical problems that hinder me at times so if something doesn't sound right please let me know and I thank you for your patience. I am trying to go through your intstructions but it seems I have a problem somewhere in Internet EXplorer or the MSN. I felt that I had better address this and my problems I am having this morning before I went on in your instructions. I am not sure that my Internet Explorer might not have been redirected or something has changed the settings in both the Explorer and MSN. As I told you before I get an error every time I try to access Microsoft updates for my comuter, and I went into Internet Explorer this morning and something doesn't seem right. My signup name at Koyote is tlong and my password is the name of my dog and the name is 5 letters. Now when I try to logon and this was happening when I contacted you at the beginning. Now when I logon I don't get my original logon logo I get another sign on logo that has a 16 letter password and I don't know where that came from and it recently surfaced each time I tried to logon. I can close that one and click on my desktop icon and it will dialup but it used to come up automatically with the start of my computer. My Norton's has a firewall and is my Internet Explorer firewall to be running also it keeps shutting itself off so there is definetly a conflict somewhere. I do have the Mozilla now since I was having so much trouble with Internet EXplorer giving me so many "cannot open this page" or page is unanavailabe after I typed in an address Microsoft update for one example. Hope that is enough info as this keeps happening to me as I try to uninstall the McAfee anitvirus, I keep getting unable to access this page or this page is unavailable, and I tried all the things you told me but I still cannot make a connection to uninstall. When I go to the add and remove programs when I click on remove it gives me the unable to access page, page not available message and my computer just won't respond to my commands. I even had to uninstall my MSN Messenger because I could not access it in anyway I did that last night. I was tempted to uninstall Yahoo Messenger but thought I would wait until I hear from you. The reason I depend on my MSN and Yahoo Messengers and my email is that I have a daughter, her husband and 4 grandchildren living in Saudi Arabia and this is the way I contact them.
Also I found in the Internet Explorer Temp files there are a lot of files there, and also in the Download files is where I found the damaged files one being for microsoft update –it is as follows
{9F1C11AA-197BA54-47A8-489BB47F} and when I click on properties it gives me this info "Active X Contro
l
then Code Base http://v4windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86

Next damaged is YInstStarter in properties it says Active X Control C\WINDOWS\D…\YINSTHELPER.DLL*
AND http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0401

Then in that same file I found this for McAfee. com Operating system class, and it says in properties type Active X Version 4,0,0,72
McAfee Security Installer Control
Code Base {ID 4ED9DDFO-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1DB8A21}
I hope this is not an inconvenience but it is a problem that is keeping me from doing some of the items you asked me to do. I will wait to hear from you and again appreciate you.java script:emoticon(':weee:', 'smid_21')
:weee:
warmly tlong and ps I forgot how old I am I am not 62 I am almost 66 will be in May.
OK, I must apologize if I am not understanding everything you said. I also must make you aware that I am here to remove malware from the computer. I am not sure I can fix the problems you seem to have as they appear to have little to do with malware. In order to have some organization, I need you to return to the information I posted here: Feb 22 2006, 10:33 PM Work your way through those instruction and when you get to the end let me know the results of each instruction, what you could do and what you could not do and why. Along with this you will be posting the uninstall list, the results of the search for CICache.exe using the online scanners I provided and a new HJT log.

You may also want to look at this link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/commun…s/IEtopten.mspx some of your issues may be addressed in it.

I can't help you with the Koyote program, I am not even sure it should be on your computer?

My Norton's has a firewall and is my Internet Explorer firewall to be running also it keeps shutting itself off so there is definetly a conflict somewhere.

If you are talking about the SP2 firewall that is in your Security Center in the Control Panel, the answer is NO, you should run only one firewall at a time.

Thanks…Phil
Phil I got your post and thank you for the explanation about the message I wrote. I thought maybe it was my Explorer had been hijacked and that it was causing those problems but my lack of knowing shows and knowing how busy you are I will be more careful in the future. I did go back to what you asked me to do and here is the uninstall list and the new hijack log. I will continue on with your instructions and thank you. Also I do need the info for Internet Explorer cookies.
Blessings tlong

Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader
Adobe Download Manager 1.2 (Remove Only)
Adobe Reader 7.0.5
Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0
ArcSoft Picture Software
aspi
Canon PhotoRecord
Canon S330
Canon Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
CC_ccProxyExt
ccCommon
CCHelp
CCleaner (remove only)
ccPxyCore
CCScore
Coloreal
Dazzle Photo Editor
Dazzle Software
ESSAdpt
ESSANUP
ESSCAM
ESSCDBK
ESScore
ESSgui
ESShelp
ESSini
ESSPCD
ESSvpaht
ESSvpot
ewido anti-malware
Hemera Products
HijackThis 1.99.1
hp deskjet 940c series (Remove only)
HP Digital Imaging Album Printing 1.0
HP Instant Support
HP Memories Disc
HP Photo and Imaging 1.0 - Scanjet 3500c Series
HP Photo and Imaging 1.1 - Photosmart Cameras
HTML Visual Blueprint
Inactive HP Printer Drivers (Remove only)
Intel A/V Codecs V2.0
Intel® Extreme Graphics Driver
IntelliMover Data Transfer Demo
InterActual Player
InterVideo WinDVD Player
KBD
Kodak EasyShare software
Koyote Dialup Accelerator
KSU
LeadTool
Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice American English TTS Engine
LiveReg (Symantec Corporation)
LiveUpdate 2.6 (Symantec Corporation)
Macromedia Flash Player 8
MasterClips PhotoEditor
MasterClips Picture Browser
MasterClips Publisher StartPage
MasterClips Utilities
MasterDraw
MasterPublisher
McAfee SecurityCenter
Microsoft .NET Framework (English)
Microsoft .NET Framework (English) v1.0.3705
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB886906)
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669
Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard
Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer
Mozilla Firefox (1.5)
MSRedist
MSRedist
Mustek Scanner Solutions for 600 III EP Plus v3.2
Norton AntiSpam
Norton AntiSpam
Norton AntiVirus 2005
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security 2005 (Symantec Corporation)
Norton Password Manager
Norton Password Manager (Symantec Corporation)
Norton WMI Update
Norton WMI Update
Norton WMI Update
Notifier
NPM_DRM_COLLECTION
NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers
OnDVD
OTtBP
PCDADDIN
PCDHELP
PCDLNCH
PC-Doctor for Windows
PCDrdsho
Personal Legal Forms
Photo Editor
PS2
QuickTime
Reader Drivers and Utilities
RealPlayer
RecordNow
S3Display
S3Gamma2
S3Info2
S3Overlay
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Shockwave
SideStep
Simple Installer - Multilanguage Version
Sonic Update Manager
SPBBC
SpongeBob SquarePants - The Movie EXCLUSIVE DEMO
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
SpyWare Killer
SpywareBlaster v3.5.1
SpywareGuard v2.2
Streaming Media Viewer
Symantec Script Blocking Installer
SymNet
TextBridge Classic
Type Stylist
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
USB High-Speed Reader
USB MassStorage CardReader
Webcast
WebUpdate
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows XP Hotfix - KB834707
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890923
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Service Pack 2
WinZip
WordPerfect Productivity Pack
WordPerfect Productivity Pack
Yahoo! Address AutoComplete
Yahoo! extras
Yahoo! Install Manager
Yahoo! Internet Mail
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool 1v6
Yahoo! Toolbar


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:36:06 PM, on 2/24/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Dit.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Hijack\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5400
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\PBHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CICache] CICache.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dit] Dit.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ANONYMIZER_SPYWAREKILLER] C:\Program Files\SpyWare Killer\spywarekiller.exe /BOOT /TRAY
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Startup: TextBridge Instant Access OCR.lnk = C:\Program Files\TextBridge Classic\Bin\TBMenu.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Koyote Dialup Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show All Original Images - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/250
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Original Image - res://C:\Program Files\Koyote Accelerator\kaccel.exe/227
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.wmfingrp.com
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39204&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D9E4B6D-CD17-4D85-99D4-6A52B394EC3B} (WSDownloader Control) - http://www.webshots.com/samplers/WSDownloader.ocx
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1124072823824
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://admin.pressplay.com/duet/registration/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…utocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{46B12555-96FE-408C-9E26-DD40D25490CC}: NameServer = 66.90.130.101 66.90.133.117
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ScsiAccess.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
:) OK, let's start like this, in my instructions posted here: Feb 22 2006, 10:33 PM You have completed two of those, the uninstall list and a new HJT log. I am now going to post the ones you did not indicate if you completed them or what the results were. This is important because I must know if what we tried worked or not.
Feb 22 2006, 10:33 PM <<< Do this first
While you wait for me to respond, please do this:
Use search companion to locate this file: CICache.exe, once you have the location of the pathway, then use one or more of these free online scanners, just follow the directions, and upload the file. You will get information back quickly. Post that information for me to view whenever you have it.
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html

Feb 22 2006, 10:33 PM <<< Do this second
System File Checker. This windows utility will scan your system looking for missing and damaged files. If it finds one it will look on your system for a replacement and fix it for you, if it is not there, it may ask for your Windows CD so have that handy.

Click Start > Run, type in sfc /scannow, hit Enter.
Note: there is a space between sfc and /scannow
This should replace any corrupted/missing system files and will hopefully fix things. You may need your XP disc in your CD drive for this?

after you have completed those instructions post the results for the first one, and post your comments for the second. We are trying to have Windows restore the missing file: wintrust.dll that you got the error message from earlier. SFC will either find and replace the missing file or run through the check without stopping or indicating it located a problem. It that case I need to know because we will need to download the file from elsewhere. Please also mention if you are still receiving the wintrust.dll error message after running SFC.
I would like you to write on a separate paper any error messages you receive and be sure they are word for word. You could also use a notepad to do this if you wish.

Finish above this line before moving below it.___________________________________________

Now we will move to the information you gave me today. Understand I would like the above items completed before you move to this information, thanks.

Uninstall list. I am looking for bad stuff and outdated programs that could effect your security, and I will not know them all, but you should. You should look at the list and if you see items you do not know (ask) or no longer use, this would be a good time to clean them off your drive.

I really see no problems but I will look at these two later, there may well be programs there you don't use any longer. Look them over once you are clean and get rid of stuff you don't use and don't need.

Mozilla Firefox (1.5)
SideStep

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 5:36:06 PM, on 2/24/2006
You log looks good except for this item. You are going to address that in the earlier instructions above.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CICache] CICache.exe <<< I searched my Windows XP machine and this item was not on it, I believe it is bad but the online scans will tell us that and we must locate the item to scan it as well as to remove it. Once we have the items in these instructions out of the way, we can then look at other issues you may be having.

Thanks…Phil
Phil I have run the CICache. Exe and it is included. I also did the System File Scan as you asked and not being familiar with what it should do I hope I did it correctly. I put it in run and a box came up and it said wait while the scan was running and after about 2 or 3 minutes the box disappeared and there was no indication of a problem. Let me know if this is not what to expect. I also tried to do the update and the file came up and said it could not complete the update because the (wintrust.dll) component was missing The Mozilla Foxfire was a browser that my son said was a good one to use since I was having so much trouble with Internet Explorer and he suggested that I download it if it would be better to uninstall it and use Internet Explorer then I will. Also I would like to have the settings from you for Internet Explorer for cookie handeling. I will go through the unistall and see what I can delete. Will send this for now and see what you will have me to do. Thanks so much and sorry if I haven't done all you advised it has been a bad day for me. tlong This is a report processed by VirusTotal on 02/26/2006 at 02:01:22 (CET) after scanning the file "CICache.exe" file. Antivirus Version Update Result AntiVir 6.33.1.50 02.25.2006 no virus found Avast 4.6.695.0 02.23.2006 no virus found AVG 718 02.24.2006 no virus found Avira 6.33.1.50 02.25.2006 no virus found BitDefender 7.2 02.25.2006 no virus found CAT-QuickHeal 8.00 02.25.2006 no virus found ClamAV devel-20060126 02.26.2006 no virus found DrWeb 4.33 02.25.2006 no virus found eTrust-InoculateIT 23.71.86 02.25.2006 no virus found eTrust-Vet 12.4.2095 02.24.2006 no virus found Ewido 3.5 02.25.2006 no virus found Fortinet 2.71.0.0 02.26.2006 no virus found F-Prot 3.16c 02.25.2006 no virus found Ikarus 0.2.59.0 02.24.2006 no virus found Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 02.26.2006 no virus found McAfee 4705 02.24.2006 no virus found NOD32v2 1.1418 02.24.2006 no virus found Norman 5.70.10 02.24.2006 no virus found Panda 9.0.0.4 02.25.2006 no virus found Sophos 4.02.0 02.25.2006 no virus found Symantec 8.0 02.26.2006 no virus found TheHacker [removed] 02.24.2006 no virus found UNA 1.83 02.24.2006 no virus found VBA32 3.10.5 02.24.2006 no virus found VirusTotal is a free service offered by Hispasec Sistemas. There are no guarantees about the availability and continuity of this service. Although the detection rate afforded by the use of multiple antivirus engines is far superior to that offered by just one product, these results DO NOT guarantee the harmlessness of a file. Currently, there is not any solution that offers a 100% effectiveness rate for detecting viruses and malware. > Go to: Home ContactContact En español www.virustotal.com :: ©Hispasec Sistemas 2004-06 :: e-mail [removed]@virustotal.com
OK tlong, let's see how we are doing. It look's like CICache.Exe is a valid file on your computer so no more conconcern with that one.
Since you do not know System File Checker, and it is an important utility on your computer, you should. Here is information about it to help you learn:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
When it runs straight through without stopping it means it found no missing or corrupted files. If it did it would have looked on your C:\ and replaced the file. Since it did not ask for the disk, this would be the case. If it did put the missing file back, you would probably need to reboot, so once you reboot watch to see if you see get the missing file message.

I just got search results from my computer and it appears it is a Windows System file and you should have it. The errror should be gone. Let me know, if not I know where to put the file.

Mozilla Foxfire is a very good browser and you can surely download and use it, but doing that will not make the Internet Explorer issues go away. It still needs to be kept updated and safe rather you use it or not.

Internet Explorer cookies
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/cookies.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/…acy/config.mspx
Save this information, don't get sidetracked into this now. Once I turn you loose, you can address cookies, thanks.

Since we have addressed these issues above, and your HJT log and ewido scan appeared in good shape, what I would like you to do is tell me to the best of your ability what you think your problem is. Make me aware of all error message (exact words) and once you have posted this information add a new HJT log to the post.

Thanks…Phil
Hello, I have not heard from you since Feb 26 2006, 06:46 AM, and if you are finished with this topic, I will close it in 24 hours. Thanks…Phil :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI