Ken:
I was able to reboot by resetting the BIOS, but I ended up reformatting the hard drive and it allowed SP2 to be installed so I got past that hurdle but now I am having problems I think with zone alarm I am trying to reinstall some of the old programs that I had before, right now I can't even down load Hijack this it is blocked somehow.
and I think that I am getting infected all over again.
I just turned off Zone Alarm and I was able to download HJT I will leave a post.
——————————————————————————————————————————-
I keep getting this alert from ZA:
ZoneAlarm Pro blocked access to port 139 on your computer 2-17-06 5:10 am
No breach in your security has occurred. Your computer is safe.
What happened?
ZoneAlarm Pro prevented a remote computer from connecting to port 139 on your computer. If you are sharing files on a local network, this connection attempt was probably legitimate network traffic. Port 139 is commonly used by networked Windows computers to enable file sharing and other resource sharing. However, if the traffic that generated this alert came from the Internet rather than a local network, this may have been attack on your computer
——————————————————————————————————————————-
Ken:
You say you like Zone Alarm … is there a site I can go to learn how to use it better than what zone labs has to offer because I don't really understand how it works and I think I got my settings all screwed up, but when I down loaded ZA most settings were disabled .. that may be because I now have SP2 working on this computer.
Ken whatever you do please don't leave me now because you are helping me get back on track since Sunday I have had a death in the family and I have other family members who's house caught on fire during the snow storm and they are displaced, My mom is in a nursing home. I have been dealing with all of that and a bunch of my own medical problems.
but in between these problems I am trying to get this computer working again.
————————————————————————————————————————–
Here is the last Ewido scan results:
———————————————————
ewido anti-malware - Scan report
———————————————————
+ Created on: 2:12:18 AM, 2/17/2006
+ Report-Checksum: 7893AD7
+ Scan result:
:mozilla.8:C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\22op51qo.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.9:C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\22op51qo.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.12:C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\22op51qo.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.13:C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\22op51qo.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Cookies\big o@2o7[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Cookies\big [removed][2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Cookies\big [removed][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Cookies\big o@atdmt[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Cookies\big [removed][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Cookies\big o@trafficmp[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Big O\Cookies\big o@valueclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Valueclick : Cleaned with backup
::Report End
——————————————————————————————————————————-
Here is the HJT post:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:34:54 AM, on 2/17/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsiExec.exe
G:\Setup\pcreator\setup.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\HyjackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.03.0000.1005\en-xu\stmain.dll
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.5000.1021\en-us\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.5000.1021\en-us\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DrvListnr] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\DrvListnr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1140139296281
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4CA4D44C-C72C-435F-8CEF-9D406051840B}: NameServer = 71.242.0.12 151.197.0.39
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
—————————————————————————————————————————
What a mess I've got.
Crush