This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I need help updating Spyware Blaser

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Whoops! *blush* Sorry for the too-fast speed-reading!

You don't seem to be the only one with this problem. I dunno if any of this applies to your situation, but it might be a starting point.
Hi Marthe22,

On the left side of the SpywareBlaster screen, the word "updates" should be among the choices, down toward the bottom. Click on it, and a panel will open with a button that says "check for updates." Click on that button, and the update process should begin.

At first you get a message saying it's checking for updates, and then if there is an update available it will download and install automatically. If you already have the latest update, it will tell you so.

The updated database installed on my computer is 1/18/2006. If there is a later one I haven't been able to get it either, and I check at least twice a week for updates.

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that when I click on the update button it doesn't go through and I receive an error message.
Hi Marthe22,

Thanks for the quick reply. If it's not doing the update, AND your Internet connection is OK in other respects (you can access the Web normally), then I would suggest uninstalling SpywareBlaster and reinstalling it FROM A FRESH DOWNLOAD OF THE PROGRAM.

Before you do anything drastic, however, be sure your AntiVirus programm isn't interfering with the download- they sometimes do, and some programs tell you during the install and update processes to disable the AV until the process is finished. Just BE SURE TO REACTIVATE IT.

If you must uninstall, remove all protection set by SpywareBlaster before you uninstall it. After reinstalling, update and reset your protection immediately!

Use a fresh download to reinstall from, just in case the copy you now have was corrupted in some way. I don't really think that's happened, but why take chances? It could be worth the time to do a fresh download. You can get a link right here on this forum for the file.

Good luck.

SS

Hi Marthe22,



Before you do anything drastic, be sure your AntiVirus programm isn't interfering with the download- they sometimes do, and some programs tell you during the install and update processes to disable the AV until the process is finished. Just BE SURE TO REACTIVATE IT.



SS


Good point, particularly if you have recently updated your AV and, now that I think about it, your firewall.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI