Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I need help updating Spyware Blaser

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 marthe22

marthe22

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

I have tried everything to update SpwareBlaster 3.5.1 with out any sucess. Can anyone help me? :angry:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 poru

poru

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:03 AM

Have you tried alternate download sites?

Edited by poru, 30 January 2006 - 07:04 AM.

#3 marthe22

marthe22

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:44 PM

Yes, I have. The program loaded without incident. I just can not update it

#4 poru

poru

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

Whoops! *blush* Sorry for the too-fast speed-reading!

You don't seem to be the only one with this problem. I dunno if any of this applies to your situation, but it might be a starting point.

#5 Sailbad the Sinner

Sailbad the Sinner

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:07 AM

Hi Marthe22,

On the left side of the SpywareBlaster screen, the word "updates" should be among the choices, down toward the bottom. Click on it, and a panel will open with a button that says "check for updates." Click on that button, and the update process should begin.

At first you get a message saying it's checking for updates, and then if there is an update available it will download and install automatically. If you already have the latest update, it will tell you so.

The updated database installed on my computer is 1/18/2006. If there is a later one I haven't been able to get it either, and I check at least twice a week for updates.

Hope this helps. :)

#6 marthe22

marthe22

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that when I click on the update button it doesn't go through and I receive an error message.

#7 Sailbad the Sinner

Sailbad the Sinner

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:47 AM

Hi Marthe22,

Thanks for the quick reply. If it's not doing the update, AND your Internet connection is OK in other respects (you can access the Web normally), then I would suggest uninstalling SpywareBlaster and reinstalling it FROM A FRESH DOWNLOAD OF THE PROGRAM.

Before you do anything drastic, however, be sure your AntiVirus programm isn't interfering with the download- they sometimes do, and some programs tell you during the install and update processes to disable the AV until the process is finished. Just BE SURE TO REACTIVATE IT.

If you must uninstall, remove all protection set by SpywareBlaster before you uninstall it. After reinstalling, update and reset your protection immediately!

Use a fresh download to reinstall from, just in case the copy you now have was corrupted in some way. I don't really think that's happened, but why take chances? It could be worth the time to do a fresh download. You can get a link right here on this forum for the file.

Good luck.

SS

#8 poru

poru

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:02 AM

Hi Marthe22,

Before you do anything drastic, be sure your AntiVirus programm isn't interfering with the download- they sometimes do, and some programs tell you during the install and update processes to disable the AV until the process is finished. Just BE SURE TO REACTIVATE IT.

SS

Good point, particularly if you have recently updated your AV and, now that I think about it, your firewall.