This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

System Information Utility

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

With Aida32 and Everest no longer available for free download I've been stuck for a good system info utility… although Belarc Advisor is excellent as always.

But I came across another one, it's free, you don't need to install it… it runs directly from the exe so you can carry it about on your usb pen drive too.

It "displays detailed specs for motherboard, BIOS, CPU, devices, memory, video, disk drives, ports, printers, operating system, installed programs, processes, services, serial numbers (CD keys), users, open files, system uptime, network, network shares, as well as real-time monitors for CPU, memory, page file usage and network traffic. It also displays currently active network connections, passwords hidden behind asterisks, installed codecs…. I think that little lot will keep you going for now.

System Information for Windows by Gabriel Topala

The only thing it doesn't do is tell you if you have your undies on back to front! :oops:
Hi All…This is a great little utility…I've had it on my computer for a while and have recomended it to several others…I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it is pretty cool. and it's free too what's not to like :D
I've found this free software to be very helpful for diagnostic reports.

Here's the author's description:

"LookInMyPC generates a complete, comprehensive system profile that includes information on all installed hardware and software. Additionally it provides system diagnostic information such as details on running processes, installed services, startup programs, Windows updates and hot fixes, active network and Internet connections, TCP/IP port usage, event log detail, and much more. All this is provided in an easy to read, formatted report that you can view and print using your web browser. We have also hyperlinked many items so you can quickly and easily "Google" them to find out what they are or if some programs might be spyware or viruses. It is also completely non-invasive and makes no changes to your computers settings whatsoever. We have even included a handy function that allows you to create a full system profile and diagnostic report and automatically send it as an email ZIP file attachment to a tech support or help desk person."

Visit: http://www.lookinmypc.com/