This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Novice Pls help me - HijackThis log

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm a novice - pls bear that in mind when replying (I hope someone does!)

I run Avast antiVirus all the time on High setting

UNfortunately, that did not stop RazeSpyWare putting a red background to my Desktop.

I have removed the red Desktop but I learnt from your fora that this may not have removed the problem.

I think that two symptons of RazeSpyWear have been i get lots of (1) trojan alerts produced by Avast (2) lots of dialer alers produced by Avast.

Avast seems to prevent them attacking my machine but it is a real pain iin the…

I have followed TomCoyote's quick guide to HIjackThis

Below is by log report

Please help (and also tell me if any fixes proposed will stop the dialer and trojan attacks)

FYI - i have made a note of the Avast report on both problems. On one the website reported at trying to access my machine is 85.255.155.187 and the other report has "dgprpsetup.exe" at the end

I hope that means something to someone…..I would be so grateful for any help

my email is philip if that helps
Edited email address
philip, you shoud never put your email address in any open forums. The bad guys scan the forums for email address so they can send you more bad stuff.




Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:12:18, on 11/01/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\unzipped\hijackthis[2]\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.free2surf.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D6B5B855-134A-E30D-7EE4-69CA4F4EED3D} - StartCpl.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] LOPTCON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gabber] SpyElim.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntdll.dll] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hgqhp.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\hgqhp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [UnSpyPC] "C:\Program Files\UnSpyPC\UnSpyPC.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SYSTRAV] init32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [clamav] scanSYS.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sysmon12] zxc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311v2 Smart Configuration.lnk = C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7A0A1FD9-7963-4981-BBF3-326E12F1A6C0}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{AB62281F-4AA2-4D96-AD7F-6AECB0B040A6}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\UGhpbGlw\command.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: ptssvc - KODAK - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe
Hello anyway007, Welcome to the forum.

This is what I suggest you do.


Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.


Even if you've already run these, make SURE they're up-to-date and run per instructions.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot V 1.4 and Ad-aware SE Build 1.06 . All are free and available below.

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:

Install the program and launch it.

Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

1. Launch Ad-Aware SE and run the WebUpdate feature. (Click on the Globe icon > Click connect > Click OK > Click Finish.)
2. Set up the Configurations as follows:
– Click the Gear wheel at the top of the Ad-Aware window
– Click General > Safety & Settings: Check (Green) all three.
– Click Tweak > Cleaning Engine > UNcheck "Always try to unload modules before deletion".
3. Click "Proceed"
4. Click "Scan Now"
5. Deselect "Search for negligible risk entries" as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat.
6. Select "Search for low-risk threats"
7. Run the scanner using the Full Scan (Perform full system scan) mode.
8. When the scan has completed, select Next.
9. In the Scanning Results window, select the "Scan Summary" tab.
10. Check the box next to each "target family" you wish to remove.
11. Click next > Click OK.

Next:

Please download the trial version of ewido anti-malware 3.5 here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.


Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.


Then please run Ewido, click on the Scanner run a full scan and let it clean everything it finds. Save the logfile from the scan.


Restart your computer in normal mode and please post a new HijackThis log, as well as the log from the Ewido scan.
VEry many thanks for your reply. I have run SpyBot and done exactly what you said. It did find 2 things and both were red. I deleted both. I have previously tried to run AdAware and found that it just sticks/jams at a certain point when it gets to scanning "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software" So, to be sure, I deleted the previous version of AdAware I had and just downloaded a version of AdAware from the link at the bottom of your reply and then run it again. Unfortunately, it sticks/jams at the same place and I get an end program window which I click on (it gives options to End or Cancel). I have tried Cancel but it doesn't help. When I click End Program then AAware disappears as you would expect. This window i am talking about is the usual window that one sees from time to time. This is annoying as AdAware does show some problems in red as it is scanning but never gets to the end - because of the problem described above. So I have tried to delete each problem that AdAware brings up one at a time. This is ok but as soon as i reach the "HKEY" etc the thing just sticks/jams. PLease - do you have any suggestions about this problem? Thanks
Please continue the fix.

Next:

Please download the trial version of ewido anti-malware 3.5 here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.


Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.


Then please run Ewido, click on the Scanner run a full scan and let it clean everything it finds. Save the logfile from the scan.


Restart your computer in normal mode and please post a new HijackThis log, as well as the log from the Ewido scan.
OK, so here goes:- I did not try to run AdAware again because of the problem I have with it. I went into Safe Mode successfully and started up Ewido. But the screen that came up had extremely distorted text- basically I could not really read any of the words in the Ewido window. But, as best I could I ran the scan. The scan was incredibly fast. At the end It said it had scanned one thing and found no problems. I then tried to find the Log (as you asked me to Post it) I am afraid that was tough because I could hardly make out the screen. I could not find the log and nothing I clicked on seemed to produce the kind of log i got off Hijack This. I'm sorry. If I need to do it all over, please tell me where on the screen I should click bearing in mind that I can't really see it!!!! I am sorry to be a pain. It may be important that when i started up again in regular mode, i had 2 Ewido pop ups saying a HIjack thing had been found and it recommended I block and quarantine. So I did. Thanks Philip
…and here is the HijackTHis log


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:37:36, on 20/01/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.free2surf.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D6B5B855-134A-E30D-7EE4-69CA4F4EED3D} - StartCpl.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] LOPTCON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gabber] SpyElim.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntdll.dll] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [UnSpyPC] "C:\Program Files\UnSpyPC\UnSpyPC.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SYSTRAV] init32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [clamav] scanSYS.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sysmon12] zxc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311v2 Smart Configuration.lnk = C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7A0A1FD9-7963-4981-BBF3-326E12F1A6C0}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\UGhpbGlw\command.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: ptssvc - KODAK - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe





THANKS
You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/Fixwareout.exe

Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, then make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish. The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.

When your system reboots, follow the prompts. Afterwards, Hijack This will launch. Close Hijack This, and click OK to proceed.

At the end of the fix, you may need to restart your computer again.

Finally, please post the contents of the logfile C:\fixwareout\report.txt, along with a new Hijack This log.
Thank you for bearing with me - I'm sorry I am such a novice!!

Ok so

the FixWareOut log is


Fixwareout ver 1.003
Last edited 1/12/2006
Post this report in the forums please

Reg Entries that were deleted
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\xedocne
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\repiwoh
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\23plhps
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\mgcppp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\tesvaf
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\golmedi
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\32refaselif
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\kuomd
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\gib_ogol
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ruins\yvzmd
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\xedocne
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\gib_ogol
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\repiwoh
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\llun
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\tesvaf
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\golmedi
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\32refaselif
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\23plhps
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\mgcppp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\ypszr
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\daolnwodi
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\putesprpgd

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FILES FOUND BY THIS METHOD ARE NOT BAD FILES, There WILL be LEGIT FILES LISTED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.

»»»»» Search by size and names…
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMCJA.EXE
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMHBC.EXE
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMMVS.EXE
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMNXH.EXE
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMSGE.EXE
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMURJ.EXE
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DMVAL.EXE

»»»»» Misc files

»»»»» Checking for older varients covered by the Rem3 tool



AND the HijackThis log is



Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 13:30:34, on 22/01/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Philip\My Documents\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D6B5B855-134A-E30D-7EE4-69CA4F4EED3D} - StartCpl.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] LOPTCON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gabber] SpyElim.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntdll.dll] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dmouk.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\dmouk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SYSTRAV] init32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [clamav] scanSYS.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sysmon12] zxc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311v2 Smart Configuration.lnk = C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7A0A1FD9-7963-4981-BBF3-326E12F1A6C0}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: ptssvc - KODAK - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe






Many thanks
Philip

Thank you for bearing with me - I'm sorry I am such a novice!!

You're doing great :thumbup:


I suggest you do this:

Run hijackthis. Hit None of the above, Click Do a System Scan Only. Put a Check in the box on the left side on these:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D6B5B855-134A-E30D-7EE4-69CA4F4EED3D} - StartCpl.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] LOPTCON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gabber] SpyElim.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dmouk.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\dmouk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SYSTRAV] init32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [clamav] scanSYS.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sysmon12] zxc.exe


O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7A0A1FD9-7963-4981-BBF3-326E12F1A6C0}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{41C29977-ACA6-4FC0-976E-8A0F60BFEBA7}: NameServer = 85.255.114.27,85.255.112.154


Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"


Delete these Files if listed:
You'll ned to do a file search for these.
LOPTCON.exe
SpyElim.exe
init32.exe
scanSYS.exe
zxc.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\dmouk.exe


Open C:\Windows\Prefetch\ Delete ALL files in this folder.


1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on your hard drive that you wish to clean (C drive, for example)
3. In the context menu that opens, select properties
4. Under the general tab you should select Disk Cleanup
5. Windows will scan your drive which will take a few seconds/minutes
6. A box will display the various files you can remove.
Check all boxes except compress old files (If listed)
7. Click OK and windows will comply.

Restart your computer.

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
long post - sorry! i'm not sure this worked as you hoped.

1. Your First Step.
HIjackThis did find all the ones you mentioned.
I DID check all the ones you said. Except - I did NOT remove
"" O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] LOPTCON.exe ""
because the line on HIjackThis actually read :- "" 04-HKLM\..\Run:[NSCplTray]Loptcon.exe ""

2. I clicked Fix Checked and almost at once the place where list had been was blank.

3. Maybe this is a problem point…
You then said Delete these Files if listed:
You'll ned to do a file search for these.
LOPTCON.exe
SpyElim.exe
init32.exe
scanSYS.exe
zxc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\dmouk.exe


So what i did was - I went Start>Search>Files or Folders. THis brings up the Search function. I had the choice of searching " Search for Files and Folders Names" alternatively "Containing Text".

I searched "Files and Folders" in all cases and not a single one of the things in the list were found!!
So I then did the same searches but typing the list into the "Containing Text" box. THis brought up the following:-
your first entry - came up with a record under HijackThis.log. I did NOT delete it
second entry - again under HijackThis.log. But also found "Backup20060125-21327-467 (40 bytes) ". I DID delete the Backup item.
third entry - again found a record in HijackThis.log and Backup. THis time I did NOT delete anything. On this search I also found a record in "Startup.TNFO ". I did NOT delete this.
forth entry - found a record in HijackThis.log, as before, and in Backup. Except the Backup number this time ended 774. I did NOT delete anything
fifth entry - found a reord in HijackThis.log and in Backup. I did NOT delete anything
sixth entry - when I typed this into the "File…" search box I got a small window pop up saying "C:\winnit is not accessible. Folder Removed ot Deleted". I clicked OK and the small window disappeared.

4. Prefetch
I think there might be a problem here.
When I searched for this file I was told it did not exist. I tried searching in "Files…" and in "Containing…". THer was no record t be found!

5. Disk CleanUP
This did not work.
I got to the screen you mentioned and clicked on Disk CleanUp. The computer churrned for tens of minutes but the bar in the little window never moved to indicate it was scanning. I must have left it at least 15 mins to no avail. I tried 3 times and always the same problem. I did not mamage to complete this step even partly. I'm sorry.

6. You told me to run a new HijackThis log and so here it is.



Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:44:16, on 25/01/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Philip\My Documents\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.bbc.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] LOPTCON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntdll.dll] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311v2 Smart Configuration.lnk = C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: ptssvc - KODAK - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe




Finally - I feel this process has been problematic. Should I start over? SHould I delete the things I mentioned I did not delete?
Thanks, LDTate, so much

Philip
You're doing fine :thumbup:

I suggest you do this:

Run hijackthis. Hit None of the above, Click Do a System Scan Only. Put a Check in the box on the left side on these:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NsCplTray] LOPTCON.exe

Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"


Delete these Files if listed:
LOPTCON.exe



Please download System Security Suite. Extract it from the zip file into a folder.
here.

Run 3S under “Items To Clear” tab place a checkmark in all of them but the last.

Reboot and Rescan with HJT and post a new log here.
Also please describe how your computer behaves now.
OK - so

I deleted the item beginning
04-HKLM

When HijackThis had run there was no display saying LOPTCON.exe so I didn't do anything further

I loaded and ran 3S from your link.

I checked all the boxes on the Left hand side of the little window except for "typed addresses"

I ran it and it asked me if i wanted to re-start. I did that

I then rescanned with HijackThis.

Below is the log

I have not used my computer for more that 5 mins since doing all of this but it seems fine. Is there anything I should do to test it out?




Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 20:22:03, on 31/01/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Philip\My Documents\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.bbc.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntdll.dll] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare Software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311v2 Smart Configuration.lnk = C:\Program Files\NETGEAR WG311v2 Adapter\wlancfg5.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: ptssvc - KODAK - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\ptssvc.exe




THANKS
Good Job :thumbup:


Log looks good :D :thumbup: How is it running any issues?

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Click Start> My Computer, select the Tools menu and then Folder Options, after the new window appears select the View tab…]
This time select the: Restore Defaults
Select: Apply, and click OK




If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI