This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Generic Downloader.c Trojan

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

That's a MusicMatch error.
Start, Run, type MSCONFIG and then hit Enter. Select the last tab to the right, then uncheck MIM.EXE

If you don't use MusicMatch, I'd use Add/Remove Programs and remove it.

I don't see MIM.EXE. There is a mimboot. Is this the same?

I would think so.

After you uncheck it, you'll be using Selective startup.
When you restart, you'll see the box popup that tells you that, just put a Check in the Box to not show that when you startup. That's how I run mine.
Uh oh!!! I tried to reset Tea-timer and I am getting a barrage of Spybot alerts that an important registry entry has been changed. Was I supposed to reset to default setting from the advanced setting? I don't think that my Spybot is working correctly.
Enable Teatimer Open Spybot Click on Tools in bottom left hand corner. Click on Resident. Check Resident "TeaTimer" box. Click on Allow change ONLY to popup box with: Entry: SpybotSD Teatimer Click on Mode, select Default mode Close Spybot
I am unable to follow the directions. As soon as I click on tea-timer the messages start popping up blocking the box. Also, there is no "Allow change…" to click on even if I close the messages and try.
Thanks again. I uninstalled and re-installed Spybot and everything seems to be o.k. My head is hurting (ha!) I think I will call it quits for the night.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI