This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

UnspyPC

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Actaully log looks pretty good. How is it running?


It's running good now. Should I turn system restore back on?

I like to surf the net. And I google and then click links a lot. I hope I won't have to do this everytime I go surfing in the future.

Thanks so much for your help. Looks like I had two major infections and with your help and the post here I hope we got them.

MrickDude
Lets do some cleaning.

Download ccleaner from the link below, save it to your desktop. Open ccleaner and click on run ccleaner at the bottom right.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

Next download Regseeker from the link below. Save it to your destop. Open Regseeker and click on clean registry, next click ok. Once the scan is complete make sure the make backups is checked and then select all and delete it.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2579.html

You can turn your restore back on now.


If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. In my signature below is also a tutorial on how to harden IE, a good read and very helpful to stop these things in the future. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on.

Safe Surfing. :D
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI