This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

editing topic titles in posts

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I just joined and made a post, but wanted to change the title of it to something less confusing, but couldn't edit the title. I made a new post with a clearer title and was going to delete the old one, but it wouldn't let me do that, either. an admin removed the newer post (the one with the title I wanted to keep) and chastised me for making a second post, and I had no way of responding and explaining the situation. now my post has the old title that I didn't like, and unsurprisingly no one has responded to it. I understand why you restrict what new users can do, and I agree with your choice to do so, but there are some basic things that would really make things a lot easier. I just wanted to suggest that allowing a person to edit the title of a post would be a huge help. as it stands now, I don't know what course of action someone might have if they, for example, accidentally post with major typos in the title. in any case, I really appreciate what you all are doing. thanks for your help!
My appologies as to your situation, however due to possible missuse of that option, we have elected to not have it enabled except for higher status users. In general, only admins SlywareWarriors and teachers should have that ability. If you feel that your topic should be changed to something else, you can request that here and one of the admins will be glad to change it for you. Please provide the link to that topic if you so choose to do so. I hope the rest of your experience here is much better for you.