Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

highjacked desktop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:38 PM

Joe, Post a new log please Ken

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 jstaff

jstaff

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:12:09 PM, on 11/24/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Keyboard\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Paragon CD-ROM Emulator\tray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\umonit.exe
C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\HIGHJACKTHIS\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://rogers.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliType] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Keyboard\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tray.exe] "C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Paragon CD-ROM Emulator\tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UMonit] C:\WINDOWS\system32\umonit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PPWebCap] C:\PROGRA~1\ScanSoft\PAPERP~2\PPWebCap.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.s...rl/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {4169B5A0-9048-11D6-BDFF-00C0F024AF20} (ActiveXTester.TesterControl) - http://www.jasons-to...tiveXTester.ocx
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by12fd.bay12....es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1125076787644
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1125076762017
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.s...rl/SymAData.cab
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WinFax PRO (wfxsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WFXSVC.EXE (file missing)

#18 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

Joe,

You seem to have two issues here, it would be more helpful for me to try and help you if you could write down the error messages word for word so that I can do some research on them, it would also be helpful if you could copy and paste them into this thread.

You have to understand that you had some nasty infections going on, and sometimes even though we can get rid of them they still leave damage on your system. This is one of what you had, I would like you to go to this site and read all four folders about the infection.
http://www.sophos.co...ojconhookc.html

TROJ_DLOADER.LE

This is under side effects

* Modifies data on the computer
* Downloads code from the internet
* Installs itself in the Registry

You can open up Spybot and go to Advanced Mode> Settings> Ignore Products and look for windows security center antivirus disable notify put a checkmark in that entry and next time you scan with Spybot it will ignore that line. I run Spybot on a regular basis and also have Norton and I don't have that problem.

As far as loging in, this trojan may have modified your user account.

I cant advise you to do it, but you should call Norton and tell them the problem, give them the name of the trojan TROJ_DLOADER.LE, they may advise you to uninstall Norton and re install it. This is there call. It is very possible that your Norton program along with your login problem has been compromised.

I have feelers out for more information, if we can't get you straightened out here, we have an excellent forum for computer problems other then malware and they may be able to help you in there.

First send me a detail discription of the error messages and let me see what I can find out.

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#19 jstaff

jstaff

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:13 AM

tried to take pictures of sreen messages but they would not paste to post I can attach to an e-mail what should I do?

#20 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:50 AM

Just write them down the best you can, remember there two seperate issues. Ken

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#21 jstaff

jstaff

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

when logging on to any regular user the message that comes up reads " The security log on this system is full. Only administrators can log on to fix the problem." and it will not allow you to log on. I have removed the spybot entry numerous times but it comes back on re-boot, I manually enable norton but on re-boot norton is disabled. My norton subscription ran out on the 17th so I plan to remove it and install the anti virus that is supplied by my internet provider in conjuntion with yahoo. the message in spybot is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SecurityCenter\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

#22 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:11 AM

Good Morning Joe,

It looks like you will resolve the Norton problem if you still plan on uninstalling it and going with another program. As far as logging on, I am going to direct you to a couple of sites that specialize in this type of problem, the first being our own tech support at Tom Coyote, the reason being is that your log is clean and this seems to be a windows issue and they are more knowledgeable in that department.

http://forums.tomcoy...hp?showforum=83 <-- This is our forum at TC, just start a new thread in there and post your concerns. Let them know that you posted here and you are free of any malware or viruses. They may or may not ask for a log. Also give them the link to the post we have been working on, they may want to go over it and see what has been done.

http://forums.tomcoy...ST&f=27&t=51470 <-- This is the thread you and I have been working on.

If they can't resolve your issue, here are two excellent Windows Tech Support sites that I am sure will be able to address your issue. Just like Tom Coyote, there free but you have to sign up.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/
http://hwg.mazin.net...d/ikonboard.cgi

Once you get straightened out, here are links to free programs and tips to help keep your system more secure.

* Download and Install CCleaner, Click on RUN TOOL, when you run the Issues Scan and it asks
you to back up the registry Say Yes.

Now that your clean, we need to erase all possible older infected files that may still be lurking on your system.
* Clean out your TEMP FILES
* This procedure should be run from SAFEMODE for better results.

To Enter SAFEMODE

* Go to START/ SHUT OF YOUR COMPUTER/ RESTART
* As the computer starts to boot-up, Tap the F8 KEY somewhat rapidly, this will bring up a menu.
* Use the UP AND DOWN ARROW KEYS to scroll up to SAFEMODE
* Then press the ENTER KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD

* Go to My Computer/ C: Drive/ Documents and Settings/ Local Settings/ Every User on this Computer
and delete all the contents of the Temp Folder

* Go to My Computer/ C:/ Windows/ Temp and delete all the contents of the Temp Folder

* Go to My Computer/ C:/ Windows/ Prefetch and remove all the contents of the Prefetch Folder.
But not the Prefetch folder itself.

NOW RE-BOOT NORMALLY

* Open INTERNET EXPLORER
* Click on the TOOLS MENU
* Then INTERNET OPTIONS
* At the GENERAL TAB (which should be the first tab you are currently on),
* click on the DELETE FILES BUTTON and put a checkmark in DELETE ALL OFFLINE CONTENT.
* Then press the OK BUTTON . This may take quite a while, so do not be alarmed with how long it takes.
* When it is done, your Temporary Internet Files will now be deleted.

Now Empty your Recycle Bin

System Restore makes regular backups of all your settings, if you ever had to use this program to restore your
system to a previous date, you will be infected all over again so we need to clean out the previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore.

* Right-click My Computer.
* Click Properties.
* Click the System Restore tab.
* Check Turn off System Restore on all Drives.
* Click Apply, and then click OK.

Reboot your System

Turn ON System Restore.

* Right-click My Computer.
* ClickProperties.
* Click the System Restore tab.
* UN-Check Turn off System Restore on all Drives.
* Click Apply, and then click OK.

* Go to Start/ Control Panel/ Performance and Maintenance/ System Restore/ Create a New Restore Point
You can name the restore point anything you like, something that you can remember

* Make sure that your ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE is up to date and run a full scan at least once aweek.

* Here are Free Anti-Virus Programs if you need one

AVG Free Edition
AntVir Personal Edition

* Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4
Check for Updates/ Immunize and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis.

* Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06
Check for Updates and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis.

* Spyware Blaster It will prevent most spyware from ever being installed.

* Spyware Guard It offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.

* Win Patrol This program will warn you when any changes are being made to your system and
give you the option to deny the change.

* IE- Spyad IE-Spyad places over 4000 web sites and domains
in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (cookies etc) from the sites listed,
although you will still be able to connect to the sites.

* Firefox Browser
It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use
them both. When it asks you if you want it to be your default browser, say NO and take the checkmark out of the box to ask you again. After you use this
for awhile, you will want to make it your default.

* Thunderbird Mail There companion mail program was highly favored in PCWorld Magazine,
this has a good spam filter and is more secure than Outlook Express.

* Zone Alarm Here is a free Firewall from Zone Labs, I wouldn't
access the internet without it.

* WINDOWS UPDATES - Enable Automatic Updates
Right click on MY COMPUTER/Click on PROPERTIES/ AUTOMATIC UPDATES and put a mark in the radio button
DOWNLOAD UPDATES FOR ME BUT LET ME CHOOSE WHEN TO INSTALL THEM.

* Go to START/ CONTROL PANEL> PERFROMANCE AND MAINTENANCE> REARRANGE ITEMS ON YOUR HARD DISK TO MAKE PROGRAMS RUN FASTER
This is the Windows Disk Defragger, run this maybe once or twice a month to keep your system running good. The first time you run it, it may take awhile.

I am going to keep track of your post in Other Computer Problems at TC in case I can help out in anyway, I also am going to keep this thread open in case you have any other questions.

Ken

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#23 jstaff

jstaff

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:36 PM

Ken thanks very much for your assisstance it is greatly appreciated. May you and yours enjoy the spirit of the season. If you should ever visit this area I would certainly like to thank you in person. thanks again Joe

#24 pskelley

pskelley

R.I.P Always in our hearts

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts
  • Interests:Computers, fishing, biking, basketball, travel

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:41 PM

Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php
MS-MVP Windows Security 2007-8-9 Proud Member ASAP UNITE Member 2006