Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Hijacked/Crippled Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Power Hat

Power Hat

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:56 AM

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm has crippled my laptop and will not let me get to my internet explorer. I have Counterspy and a host of other "ANTI" programs on this laptop. Have you heard anything about this pest and/or how to get rid of it? Symantec's search engine comes back with "no results found" for this item. But, if you Google for this item, you do get a lot of information on other people with the same problem and no solutions. I can not find this file on the hard drive or detailed anywhere in the registry.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:01 AM

Are you sure you have a good connection to the net?

download Hijack This here and then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save your scan to a log file then click here to post your log into a new thread in the "hijack this logs and spyware/malware removal" forum.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"